Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

I just wanted to say that this game is THE BEST THING since sliced bread! I've only got chicken dinner once, and that was with a random squad and I wasn't even the last man standing.

I've come 2nd a few times, but usually I lose concentration because the noise of my hearth beating extra fast distracts me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Anyone play this just as a solo player? Seems people are having the best craic in groups, but none of my usual online gang have a gaming PC.

I solo all the time. I'm much better at solo in fact. When I play in a group (which is good fun when having a few drinks) you're always under pressure to keep up with everyone and get in the fight. Then you always have the one f*cker who takes shots whenever he sees someone even if they're half way across the map. Then there's the dude who always insists on driving but WILL crash into a tree and injure everyone. The guy who always gets shot and burns up everyones med packs.

So on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I enjoy solo too. Good fun in Duo or Squad but i do better alone. Not got me dinner yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I enjoy solo too. Good fun in Duo or Squad but i do better alone. Not got me dinner yet though.

same and me either.

plus the bg gold earnings from a single player game are generally higher per minute than a group - that being said, groups can be a lot more fun, especially when your last surviving member has a ghillie suit and an epic SR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

I sometimes run solo in a squad match, can usually make it into the top 10 if you're careful enough. Got a chicken dinner once from this.

• Advertisement

same and me either.

plus the bg gold earnings from a single player game are generally higher per minute than a group - that being said, groups can be a lot more fun, especially when your last surviving member has a ghillie suit and an epic SR
    circadian wrote: »
    I sometimes run solo in a squad match, can usually make it into the top 10 if you're careful enough. Got a chicken dinner once from this.

I love going solo into squads. Most of the time I am paired with guys with mics. If not, I exit and try again.

Its great fun meeting new people every game. I find mostly solid people who play properly, who don't over talk..etc. Then I find people who I have really good fun with, we end up mocking each other, or shouting "China numba wan!".

I love meeting random lads who are just there for a good time. You don't really get that in other games at the moment :)

I jumped into the Boards PUBG discord last night and had a great time with the lads(kev, sean, Bubbles) in squad and duos. If you haven't already jumped in here it is:

https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

I will be in later on tonight from about 7-10

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

i myself have a 750 ti it ran terrible but this is a big but i had **** wifi at the time and they just optimized the graphics to run better so i say u should my friend loves it plus if u dont like it refund it if your using steam

I'll have a few squad games later. Was in Duo mode last night and highest we got was 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Loving this game.

Played around 40/50 matches so far, mostly in squads and have 3 chicken dinners so far.

I always play the scout, am good at that, but i suck hard at close quarters.

I'll have a few squad games later. Was in Duo mode last night and highest we got was 7th.

Sounds good :) I'll be bouncing around the discord then! My name is Shay in discord.
    CruelCoin wrote: »
    Loving this game.

Played around 40/50 matches so far, mostly in squads and have 3 chicken dinners so far.

I always play the scout, am good at that, but i suck hard at close quarters.

Close quarters can be tricky, because usually I get a fright and go into panic mode. I have recently gotten better because I have thrown myself into it more. My advice is: Jump out in Pochinki, Military or Prison...etc where its highly populated. It forces you into close quarters right away, and who knows, you may come out on top :P

It helps not only with aim / recoil control, but also situational awareness at a close range. Such as "Should I stay on the first floor, or go out on the balcony". It helps with your quick response to switching weapons, reloading and "should I heal or rush?". It also helps you appreciate the power of hearing. You can hear a guy 2 buildings down walking around upstairs if you have your volume right up.

Good luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Enjoying it so far. Five games and been in the last 20 on two of them. I've been leaving it really late to jump from the plane and usually have a good area to myself to get geared up and ready, the only problem then is if I can't find a car, it's a long slog to the circle usually. Still trying to work out the ranges of guns, even with scopes it's seems very hard to hit people at a distance and all my kills have been close range.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Enjoying it so far. Five games and been in the last 20 on two of them. I've been leaving it really late to jump from the plane and usually have a good area to myself to get geared up and ready, the only problem then is if I can't find a car, it's a long slog to the circle usually. Still trying to work out the ranges of guns, even with scopes it's seems very hard to hit people at a distance and all my kills have been close range.

You can change zeroing distance on the long range scope using page up/page down. Use the small white squares on the mini map to guage it (each square is 100m). It's easier to land shots at distance this way, even still though if the target is moving its pretty tough.

Make sure you zero the gun with PgUp and PgDn keys. To get an idea of the distance, open your map. Each small square is 100m, whilst the bigger squares are 1000m. I doubt you'll be making a 1000m shot though...unless you're american sniper :D

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Sounds good :) I'll be bouncing around the discord then! My name is Shay in discord.

Close quarters can be tricky, because usually I get a fright and go into panic mode. I have recently gotten better because I have thrown myself into it more. My advice is: Jump out in Pochinki, Military or Prison...etc where its highly populated. It forces you into close quarters right away, and who knows, you may come out on top :P

It helps not only with aim / recoil control, but also situational awareness at a close range. Such as "Should I stay on the first floor, or go out on the balcony". It helps with your quick response to switching weapons, reloading and "should I heal or rush?". It also helps you appreciate the power of hearing. You can hear a guy 2 buildings down walking around upstairs if you have your volume right up.

Good luck :D

A problem i have is that i'm 32 now, and i just don't have the twitch reflexes i used to.
    I am always amazed at how quickly people can turn around get a bead on you and place accurate shots.
    Tens of thousands of hours of gaming keeps me competitive though.
    My real strength is situational awareness and positioning. But the whole, COD 360 noscope malarcky? Not a hope.

A problem i have is that i'm 32 now, and i just don't have the twitch reflexes i used to.
    I am always amazed at how quickly people can turn around get a bead on you and place accurate shots.
    My real strength is situational awareness and positioning. But the whole, COD 360 noscope malarcky? Not a hope.

I won't tell you how old i am. My reflexes are non existent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Camp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I solo all the time. I'm much better at solo in fact. When I play in a group (which is good fun when having a few drinks) you're always under pressure to keep up with everyone and get in the fight. Then you always have the one f*cker who takes shots whenever he sees someone even if they're half way across the map. Then there's the dude who always insists on driving but WILL crash into a tree and injure everyone. The guy who always gets shot and burns up everyones med packs.

So on and so forth.

200.gif

Good mapping here, can help find a car
    https://pubgmap.io/erangel.html#3/-139.88/148.50

Good mapping here, can help find a car
    https://pubgmap.io/erangel.html#3/-139.88/148.50

Is each yellow marker a guranteed car spawn each game? Or is each one a possible spawn point?

The map reminds me of the DayZ Standalone days. I would love if DayZ played like PUBG, in terms of little bugs, decent performance..etc.

EDIT: Just read the map legend, 'possible vehicle location'. Oops :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

trolling with cars is so much fcuking fun..

lamped a few people out of it last night in a diminishing safezone while honking the horn of a UAZ, taking shots from everywhere, thing went on fire and blew up killing me after a few minutes but i had my fun! :D

Thanks for the map, gonna seriously abuse the cars later if that works out :)

• Advertisement

trolling with cars is so much fcuking fun..

lamped a few people out of it last night in a diminishing safezone while honking the horn of a UAZ, taking shots from everywhere, thing went on fire and blew up killing me after a few minutes but i had my fun! :D

Thanks for the map, gonna seriously abuse the cars later if that works out :)

I was thinking of squading up some evening, 4 of use getting a UAZ each with a rake load of petrol. Try and spend the entire game in the Jeeps.

Is each yellow marker a guranteed car spawn each game? Or is each one a possible spawn point?

The map reminds me of the DayZ Standalone days. I would love if DayZ played like PUBG, in terms of little bugs, decent performance..etc.

EDIT: Just read the map legend, 'possible vehicle location'. Oops :P

They used to be guarantees, but that's been removed.
    Garages attached to houses have a slightly higher chance of having a car in it (usually the saloon lada thing)

I was thinking of squading up some evening, 4 of use getting a UAZ each with a rake load of petrol. Try and spend the entire game in the Jeeps.

I always try to drive a second car if i can find one.

4 people in a single vehicle is just too easy a way to wipe out an entire squad...

And 2 jeeps are really no more obvious that 1 jeep, noise wise.

Another good map here:

Topographic map, so you can see what you're running/driving towards in terms of altitude/slopes.
    Doesn't include the new buildings / town added to the north-east of the map, but i'm sure the creator of the map will update at some point.

For reference, every small square represents 100m ingame. The hills east of Pochinki are 300metres away from pochinki for example.

http://i.imgur.com/3KE2M2Q.jpg

Another good map here:

Topographic map, so you can see what you're running/driving towards in terms of altitude/slopes.
    Doesn't include the new buildings / town added to the north-east of the map, but i'm sure the creator of the map will update at some point.

For reference, every small square represents 100m ingame. The hills east of Pochinki are 300metres away from pochinki for example.

http://i.imgur.com/3KE2M2Q.jpg

I wish that was the ingame map. The colour scene on the current map doesn't make any sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had my first fog game last night and it was great. Took out all the snipers and I had my best run with four kills and a 12th place finish.

I wish that was the ingame map. The colour scene on the current map doesn't make any sense to me

Agreed. I was in a 3 Seater Bike, out of nowhere a bridge came up and I drove off the rocks beside it, head first into the water. It reminded me of an RSA road safety ad, except in my case, I survived!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

I love going solo into squads. Most of the time I am paired with guys with mics. If not, I exit and try again.

Its great fun meeting new people every game. I find mostly solid people who play properly, who don't over talk..etc. Then I find people who I have really good fun with, we end up mocking each other, or shouting "China numba wan!".

I love meeting random lads who are just there for a good time. You don't really get that in other games at the moment :)

I jumped into the Boards PUBG discord last night and had a great time with the lads(kev, sean, Bubbles) in squad and duos. If you haven't already jumped in here it is:

https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

I will be in later on tonight from about 7-10

I'm talking about turning auto matchmaking off and jumping in by myself, worth a try and insanely intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Just got this today. See a lot of the names from BF and old Dayz play, so give me a shout if you see me online.

Currently just finding my way with some solo play, but have a feeling there'd be more craic with a squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

James74 wrote: »
    Just got this today. See a lot of the names from BF and old Dayz play, so give me a shout if you see me online.

Currently just finding my way with some solo play, but have a feeling there'd be more craic with a squad.

Loads of TIG playing it.

Advertisement