Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Both interesting choices of guns at the end :D ****e that no wind count on your record at the moment. Ives had about 5 or 6 on the past 2 days alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have won the last 174 matches in a row, shame there is no record of it.

My dog ate the video evidence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

RossieMan wrote: »
    Both interesting choices of guns at the end :D ****e that no wind count on your record at the moment. Ives had about 5 or 6 on the past 2 days alone.

been playing on the default servers, was AS before today, and tbh it still very much asian dominated even though the default is now north american, i think my ping versus regular Joe/Lo in the asiatic region is probably what gave me more of an edge than the weapons i had.

Though on the 1/91 game, i did manage to get a crate weapon and armour, main weapon ran out of ammo trying to nail the last guy and switch to pistol, got the kill in the end, but yeah lol :D

couldnt be arsed in the 1/93 running around looking for weapons and armour after playing for a half hour already in the previous game so i stuck with what i figured could get me a top ten payout, paid out pretty well - though again, lots of chinese guys at the end, we were taunting each other on voice, seriously, fcukin singing "come out come out whereever you areeeeee" and that kind of thing, and whatever they were saying back lol :D

bit of craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That's filthy, nothing beats beating people down with the pan!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We should learn more about the Xbox release date soon.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/924953757263081473

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

DNYd5-QXcAAeQ1j.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Out on Xbox December 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Mickeroo wrote:

Can't wait to try this. Looks like a brilliant game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

70 euro in Gamestop lul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

70 euro in Gamestop lul

Surely just a placemarker. €29.99 on Microsoft store, same as PC price.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Surely just a placemarker. €29.99 on Microsoft store, same as PC price.

It will only be that price in early access, will go up to full retail price by the time it's available in B&M stores I'd say, just like Ark.

Mickeroo wrote: »

No wonder there has been **** all updates :pac:

They have sold as many copies as they ever will on PC

Are there many early access tittles released on console?

Xbox gets a lot, I don't think Playstation allows them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Xbox gets a lot, I don't think Playstation allows them.

Except for Destiny, some would say. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

there's a separate team working on the xbox version.
    The PC team are focusing on the 1.0 release which is due out in a week or so so not too bothered with lack of updates.

fair play to this guy for a really sneaky kill in the middle of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

crossbow? lol

crossbow? lol

I know :) start of the game no bother but in the middle of it?? The cheeky fecker :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The other day I came 2nd in Solo and was killed by Crossbow. At the time I was thinking fair play but who carries a crossbow to the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-test-servers-delayed-because-of-unexpected-issue

Translation: 'Negotiations for my third villa in the Carribbean stalled and I was forced to use the Lear to go down there and deal with the matter personally. This meant that I was unable to sign-off on the new lootbox skins waiting approval. Now that this has been addressed and two years worth of skins are locked-in, I look forward to releasing this beta patch for our broken game.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I've never seen devs go from good guys to bad guys so quickly and to such an extreme.

people forget this game is still early access. Look at how ubisoft and EA release broken crap that has to be fixed on day one and require further patches still.
    For an early access PUBG is extremely stable and I've had no issues with it since the day I bought it.
    People need to cop da fuk on.

Blazer wrote: »
    people forget this game is still early access. Look at how ubisoft and EA release broken crap that has to be fixed on day one and require further patches still.
    For an early access PUBG is extremely stable and I've had no issues with it since the day I bought it.

Well if you've had no issues I guess nobody else could have.

Yeah, you are right. A developer that has made 18,000,000 x €30 in raw sales alone (540m), released loot boxes in Early Access charging €2.50 per key, in-game advertising via sprays on walls and adverts for VPNs in China, and can't fix simple issues like aiming (shooting window frames when the reticle is clearly aiming outside the window), random crashes, server lag, hackers, and some of the worst (if not the worst) optimisation seen in a UE4 engine-based game, should be cut some serious slack.

I mean, come on, its been eight months since release and they have given us so much; skirts locked behind lottery boxes, a couple of extra guns, fixes to spectator mode and FPP servers. These lads are working under the most difficult circumstances, barely making the bread line, and really busy trying to turn the game into an eSports ready title while in Early Access - their priorities are clearly on point and sensibly focused. How dare we expect them to actually fix the game to have it running as well as possible on as many different setups available. I know the community has been crying out for skins and lootboxes, I know they have been begging for in-game advertising, but the developers should ignore the community. Its clear the community cares for the longevity of the game and want to see thousands of pointless skins being introduced to ensure the developers can continue to buy Prada Glasses and fine wines.

We need to cop the fúck on alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It will never happen, the last 2 replies are full on reddit style ****e demands.

I got my monies worth (and back) and will continue to play I have no particular gripe with the game as it is still fun. Odd time I have to refresh the UI but other than that it is very playable for a 30 quid game that I have 200 odd hours in.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It will never happen, the last 2 replies are full on reddit style ****e demands.

I got my monies worth (and back) and will continue to play I have no particular gripe with the game as it is still fun. Odd time I have to refresh the UI but other than that it is very playable for a 30 quid game that I have 200 odd hours in.

Exactly man, for €30 i’ve gotten incredible value out of this game. I don’t think people realize how much it actually costs to make a game these days.
    I paid €100 each for Destiny and BF1 and they’ve fallen by the wayside after 40-50 hours.

You think its wrong to want a game that is properly optimised? I have 240+ hours in PUBG and I played it well enough to get top 1000 at one point. I also have over 400 games on Steam from a very wide range in variety (AAA developers to indie developers) and when you consider the sheer amount of money they have made, it is insulting that they won't bother to invest in some decent developers to come on board and fix the damn game.

Furthermore, I am fortunate enough to play the game with an i7 4770K, 16gb of RAM and a Geforce 1080Ti and I can tell you that whether I play the game on Ultra or Very Low, the difference in performance is negligible. That alone speaks volumes as to how well this game is optimised.

As for comparisons to other games, the likes of Mass Effect and WatchDogs receive huge criticism for performance and bugs in the media. It is well documented, but because PUBG falls under the umbrella of 'indie' it should be given a pass? Horseshít. The game has made over 500m alone in 8 months and continues to make more revenue with boxes and in-game advertising - it no longer falls under the indie category, imo. They have the resources to hire some very good developers to fix the game, but they won't, even though it wouldn't put a dent in their revenue.

When you consider what they have added to the game or changed since August, with that kind of revenue and customer base, it is a joke that the game is still in the state it is in. Personally, I don't think they can fix it. Its a bunch of pre-made assets built on a shoddily edited version of the UE4 engine and it would take a long time to fix it - perhaps even require stripping a lot of it back and re-building it.

Which of my 12 words was a demand? I'll never understand the fanboy mentality people develop with early access games. It's like people are terrified they've been made a fool of so they try their best to make a polished turd seem like a diamond. This game has one thing going for it, the concept. When people start to copy it PUBG is finished. The devs know this. That's why they've spent the last 6 months cashing in.

• Advertisement

Which of my 12 words was a demand? I'll never understand the fanboy mentality people develop with early access games. It's like people are terrified they've been made a fool of so they try their best to make a polished turd seem like a diamond. This game has one thing going for it, the concept. When people start to copy it PUBG is finished. The devs know this. That's why they've spent the last 6 months cashing in.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Exactly. The PUBG concept is excellent, they deserve respect and admiration for making something so simple and yet so compelling and exciting. The problem is their execution. It was píss-poor. They know its only a matter of time before a big AAA developer and publisher come along and invest good money and time into creating a polished version of this concept. Coupled with a massive marketing budget and support on all consoles, many will make the move (assuming the game is well-optimised and offers more than the current iteration we have). They need to get this out as soon as possible and make their money at minimal cost before the gig is up.

Advertisement