Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ive 450+hrs on this game, ya it has it's problems but still addictive as hell. Think ye need to cut the devs some slack, this game will get the treatment it needs with time. Also, you should also be aware of what you're signing up for with an early access title, it's part and parcel of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

PUBG is in early access, ye get what ye pay for.. a buggy unoptimized somewhat broken mess, and you call yourself Captain Obvious?!

Slacker! :D Bet you wait til the last minute to drop out of the plane too dontcha? Get those sneaky punchkills in haha
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Ive 450+hrs on this game, ya it has it's problems but still addictive as hell. Think ye need to cut the devs some slack, this game will get the treatment it needs with time. Also, you should also be aware of what you're signing up for with an early access title, it's part and parcel of the process.

Let me give you a hypothetical. You pay a builder to build you an extension to your house in 4 weeks. After three weeks and he has only built two walls and not left room for windows and doors. Do you a) wait for the finished product or b) complain?

The devs have been given plenty of slack and a ton of money. If they were struggling with something they could have hired more professional help to do it. The devs are the ones that set out the time frame. If they had said the game would be ready at the end of 2018 then they could have chugged along til then but they appear to be aiming for the 2017 Christmas xbox market to make some extra cash.

Yes the game is fun and addictive but I still expect a final finished product. I don't think that is unreasonable. I think the attitude that you take what you are given and be happy because it's early access is a poor attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

While I agree CO I think the volume of sales has taken them by complete surprise, and even now ramping up the no of staff to speed development will only marginally add to the speed.

One one hand I cant blame them for cashing in, a smallish developer like this has to at the end of the day, its feasible that they will make a **** tonne of money from the consoles as well.

The hacking at the moment is on another level though, they at least should really go to town on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ye buy into early access and you expect delays in the full release, that's just how it goes. You should know this prior to buying, and tbf there are disclaimers full of this kind of rationale on the same platforms that sell the titles.

Honestly, look at Dayz being in early access since December 2013 and no sign of it ever leaving :D

That's a fair enough reason to be complaining about this kind of thing, PUBG was released as an early access title in March of this year.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got teamed up with a random cheater tonight in squads, guy seemed really good then one of us died and started spectating him and he was pinging headshots while hip firing the Kar98 from miles away, any time someone became visible on his screen his gun would auto-lock onto their head.

Got a chicken dinner but it was totally hollow. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

RossieMan wrote: »
    The micro transactions was a bad point yes, but every game does it now. Look at Psyonix and rocket league.

Just because somebody else does it, doesn't make it right. Micro transactions are a cancer. I'm also not a fan of early access for anything other than indie games.

Anybody know if we will have to pay more when 1.0 is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They haven't released price info yet, but I'd imagine you'll pay more.

I've stopped responding to certain posts, like talking to a wall or jumping over a timber fence in pubg. Not worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just because somebody else does it, doesn't make it right. Micro transactions are a cancer. I'm also not a fan of early access for anything other than indie games.

Anybody know if we will have to pay more when 1.0 is released?

Aren't the microtransactions only cosmetic? I don't mind cosmetic stuff, never had to bother with them to be honest, I don't care how I look, just how it plays.

Also, Bluehole weren't exactly lighting the world on fire with their games before this, to be honest, early access is perfect for small to medium developers to launch a game concept in my opinion.

If you've bought it already, then you won't need to pay more. Price is probably going to rise for those that didn't buy it in early access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

awec wrote: »
    Got teamed up with a random cheater tonight in squads, guy seemed really good then one of us died and started spectating him and he was pinging headshots while hip firing the Kar98 from miles away, any time someone became visible on his screen his gun would auto-lock onto their head.

Got a chicken dinner but it was totally hollow. :(

Bastids! I'm not very good at the game but this cheating lark is starting to put me off it. I've had a good few games where there's been cheating going on. Most of it like you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What a mess of a game, uninstalling after 1 week.

I'll wait till it's patched

Top 10 with my mate...and this happens.
    Who the f*ck is the host ? Isn't it on a server
    COqW64V.jpg

Top 3 near the end...and this, game then shat itself and I was back to the lobby
    4hHfjLQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What a mess of a game, uninstalling after 1 week.

I'll wait till it's patched

Top 10 with my mate...and this happens.
    Who the f*ck is the host ? Isn't it on a server
    COqW64V.jpg

Top 3 near the end...and this, game then shat itself and I was back to the lobby
    4hHfjLQ.jpg

Welcome to PUBG :D

If you spend 100 euro on Lootboxes and keys it will help them fix the game.

It means the server went down. The game doesn't use P2P hosting.

Well the first one means everyone got disconnected. It could use a better error message.

Six weeks from release. :D eSports ready!

433008.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That second error looks like a networking issue on your end. Full on server disconnects like the first one are rare, barely seen any in 300+ hours and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

3F4217D762B7EAA7D7182F193C8EB22ADE62393D

didnt win.....i hand in my pubg card....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Young lad sends me a text this evening saying he got a loot box with something worth €150 so it can't be all bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That second error looks like a networking issue on your end. Full on server disconnects like the first one are rare, barely seen any in 300+ hours and counting.

I don't know if it's because JP/KR servers and they only added them recently or what the deal is.
    But I've hand enough crashes in 1 week to stop playing the game until it's fixed/patched and ready to be released properly.

Over here in Korea they are already running HUGE tournaments for it, and 1 of the guys on the new Korean OverWatch team that will compete in OWL (Seoul Dynasty) gave up his position (and guaranteed minimum 50k salary) to play PUBG instead.

I want to like the game, as I like the concept.
    It's just a mess is all. There are so many developers out there who could implement the idea so much better...it boggles the mind as to why they haven't announced anything in development.

Also...another gripe.
    When you get killed...it's nearly impossible to say where you go killed from unless you were looking at the guy , and then you get give the option to report him for cheating.
    Given that there's no killcam, or killfeed or way to check an observer replay later...it can be near impossible to tell.
    There is no reason or incentive NOT to report someone for cheating.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of players just report someone who killed them for the simple fact that they are presented with the option to do as soon as they're killed and are angry at the killer.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because JP/KR servers and they only added them recently or what the deal is.
    But I've hand enough crashes in 1 week to stop playing the game until it's fixed/patched and ready to be released properly.

Over here in Korea they are already running HUGE tournaments for it, and 1 of the guys on the new Korean OverWatch team that will compete in OWL (Seoul Dynasty) gave up his position (and guaranteed minimum 50k salary) to play PUBG instead.

I want to like the game, as I like the concept.
    It's just a mess is all. There are so many developers out there who could implement the idea so much better...it boggles the mind as to why they haven't announced anything in development.

Also...another gripe.
    When you get killed...it's nearly impossible to say where you go killed from unless you were looking at the guy , and then you get give the option to report him for cheating.
    Given that there's no killcam, or killfeed or way to check an observer replay later...it can be near impossible to tell.
    There is no reason or incentive NOT to report someone for cheating.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of players just report someone who killed them for the simple fact that they are presented with the option to do as soon as they're killed and are angry at the killer.

What are you talking about?! Its eSports and release ready! :pac:

Here's another laugh for ya: the new map is due to come out at the same time as release (version 1.0) and it appears to have a greater urban presence than the current map. Its gonna be a shítshow in terms of performance. They still haven't fixed parts of Yasnaya!

Oh, and if there was any doubt as to the argument that they use pre-made assets, play FPP. If someone can tell me why a game with no dismemberment, speech animation, cutscenes with the use of eye movement, has models with eyeballs and teeth, that would be great. :pac: Its lazy development. If the player model asset contains pointless detail, then I can only imagine a treasure trove of **** lying under fixed assets using up your PC's resources for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dont play myself but just biding my time until its released on Xbox I can see myself investing a lot of time into this game seems right down my street

Anyway the lad himself has just posted some new pics of the new maps

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/928932008046284801

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/928787294986932224

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Delighted to see this coming out on Xbox soon. From everything I've read or seen about it, I love the concept. Hopefully by the time 1.0/xbox version comes out, a lot of the issues will be resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

How is aiming going to work on xbox?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Taylor365 wrote: »

aim assist i'd guess

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Literally the same way every other shooter does I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Taylor365 wrote: »

You swing awkwardly around at sub 30fps, point vaguely at an enemy and then the game locks on for you. You then congratulate yourself on how skillful you are.

Huehuehue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

How would they approach aim assist when an opposing player is prone in grass i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You swing awkwardly around at sub 30fps, point vaguely at an enemy and then the game locks on for you. You then congratulate yourself on how skillful you are.

Huehuehue.

you should trot over to the new xbox one x thread and say that..it will go down a treat.. i was lucky I wasn't ran out of the place when I said 30 fps for pubg sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Blazer wrote: »
    you should trot over to the new xbox one x thread and say that..it will go down a treat.. i was lucky I wasn't ran out of the place when I said 30 fps for pubg sucked.

Lel. Playing destiny 2 and the cut scenes are at 30fps. They're so bad and I can't believe people actually play games at that FPS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lel. Playing destiny 2 and the cut scenes are at 30fps. They're so bad and I can't believe people actually play games at that FPS

For cutscenes it wouldn't bother me at all. Most movies and TV shows I watch are 24fps. It's only when I'm actually playing and turning fast etc that I want higher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lel. Playing destiny 2 and the cut scenes are at 30fps. They're so bad and I can't believe people actually play games at that FPS :D

Im with you on this, going from butter smooth gameplay of 144fps to 30 is shocking, cant believe anyone can play any game on any format at 30fps.

• Advertisement

I had no issues going from 144 to 30. It's jarring at first but after ten minutes or so it barely registers.

Advertisement