Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm of the 'PC master race' ilk but I don't think 30fps is as bad as it's made out to be at all, as long as it's a stable, locked 30fps and not all over the place which is horrible.

I wouldn't argue it's good.... but it is perfectly playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

You can get used to 30fps no problem but it's the frame pacing that's the real letdown in games. Was watching some Xbox gameplay of PUBG last night and it looked like it was running higher than 30fps anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm of the 'PC master race' ilk but I don't think 30fps is as bad as it's made out to be at all, as long as it's a stable, locked 30fps and not all over the place which is horrible.

I wouldn't argue it's good.... but it is perfectly playable.

Its fine for SP 3rd person games. But a sweaty FPS like PUBG? Not for me. I can't play any FPS under 60, it's just too janky. Input lag alone gives me motion sickness.

For console players it might be less noticeable because they are further from the screen, but for me it's unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I have these headphones.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ya/ref=yo_ii_bia_view?ie=UTF8&ac=bia&reorder_params=B0140SNLSA%2C026-0811006-4520355... but I can't seem to get the mic working properly, no one seems to hear me.

When I was messing with the settings for the mic, it seems that when I speak into the ear cups the mic level responds better than speaking into the mic itself...

Anyone any tips as to what is going on?

That link ain't working for me. What are they?

• Advertisement

Kotion Each G9000 PC Gaming Headset

They look like low quality Chinese made tat to me (no offense). That might be why you're having problems with them.
    Double check they are set up correctly in Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New NoClip interview

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

After a few weeks of my own dire mediocrity... finally my first WWCD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

lewis wrote: »
    Kotion Each G9000 PC Gaming Headset

They look terrible. I know they're only $20 but still. Anyway I looked briefly and it appears the the USB only powers the lights. You need to make sure the 3.5 jack is in for the mic to work.

Or you could throw them away and buy/save up for something better.

• Advertisement

They look terrible. I know they're only $20 but still. Anyway I looked briefly and it appears the the USB only powers the lights. You need to make sure the 3.5 jack is in for the mic to work.

Or you could throw them away and buy/save up for something better.

I might do at some stage.

The sound in them is very good they're comfortable, other than the mic side of them.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I just tried out the test server. Its the Xbox build.

Pros:
    the new UI is very nice. Much cleaner and not intrusive.
    More distinctive sound effects, particularly the vehicles.
    Some performance increase.
    Kill-cam is good. Just make sure you enable it in the options before starting a match.

Cons:
    Console blur. The game now uses a console blur to distill distant textures - this is a common approach to saving resources on consoles, see the COD games for example.
    Much darker overall. The lighting has come right down. It appears a lot darker. Again, this is a common technique for console versions of games.
    The red zone bombing sound effects remind me of Call of Duty (i.e. the one from 2003). Sounds cheap.
    Unstable performance. Yes, there are some improvements, but there is also inexplicable and random fps drops.
    Sound seems more unbalanced. It is more difficult to hear people moving around inside houses.

Random thoughts:
    Damage has increased. I know hit boxes and damage statistics have changed, but it feels like you go down quicker now. Nothing wrong with it, but it would appear you can die a lot faster and easier now.
    I used the new gun, the DsHK and it seems decent. Very powerful up close, but no mods available for it except the ability to put a sight on it. It uses 7.62mm rounds with a 47 bullet magazine.

I know this is a test server, etc., but I didn't experience any bugs. The performance increase is unpredictable and unstable. I was playing on Ultra and the game looks ugly now. Seriously. I know it wasn't the best looking game to begin with, but it looks terrible now. Very dark, console blur, and over saturated colours that don't align with the lighting levels.

To conclude: this is the Xbox One build. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

looking forward to a new map more than any actual game i can remember in recent years.

Yea, was playing the test server this evening too. Loads of lag and it indeed was quite dark even with the brightness turned right up. I liked the sound of the bombs dropping though. I'm rubbish at the game anyway so if you get killed easier that's me totally screwed, haha. I've over 80 hours in it and not got one chicken dinner.

Any examples of this "console blur"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Any examples of this "console blur"?

This is taken from the Test Server with everything on Ultra, 120% Texture Resolution, but no V-Sync or Motion Blur.

434232.jpg

The main screen where the blurring is much more pronounced. I should add that I increased the Brightness setting by 10 points in this shot and it is still very dark.

434233.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why aren’t lads using Reshade if you find it that blurry? Makes it look a helluva lot better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Falthyron wrote: »
    This is taken from the Test Server with everything on Ultra, 120% Texture Resolution, but no V-Sync or Motion Blur.

The main screen where the blurring is much more pronounced. I should add that I increased the Brightness setting by 10 points in this shot and it is still very dark.

Apparently they changed the AA method when set to Ultra, which ended up making it a little blurry. People have had success by changing the AA to medium, which swaps back to the old one.

Not sure on the darkness though, perhaps they've enabled HDR on the patch and it's getting tone mapped back into darkness?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Certainly seemed a lot darker to me too, turning down the AA sorted the blur for me. New UI is pretty slick though. I was impressed with how polished it seemed actually, frame rate was pushing 100 most of the time.

I noticed they've blurred out the surrounding view when you're scoped in, which is probably a good thing but it's annoying after being used to how it was before.

• Advertisement

I`m pulling my hair out here, can anyone help me out with my crappy gaming headset.

I can`t seem to get the mic working while listening to anything through the headphones, sounds silly but for some reason it`s either I have the headset on and can only listen to in game sounds, mic not working, not matter what port I plug it onto, or I listen to in game sounds through speakers and mic barely works, I sound like little Timmy O Toole stuck down the well....I`ve the mic boost up, played around with Realtek Audio Manager, but I can`t get it working.

People in game can hear me or barely can if I get it to work...I`m lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What headset have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do you have it plugged into the front of the PC or the back?

Lash them up on Adverts and buy something like the new Astro A10's. They are only 68euro in Argos. Would be so much better.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do you have it plugged into the front of the PC or the back?

I usually put them in the front, it handier for when I want to switch to the speakers.

I`ve tried the back, that seems even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

lewis wrote: »
    I`m pulling my hair out here, can anyone help me out with my crappy gaming headset.

I can`t seem to get the mic working while listening to anything through the headphones, sounds silly but for some reason it`s either I have the headset on and can only listen to in game sounds, mic not working, not matter what port I plug it onto, or I listen to in game sounds through speakers and mic barely works, I sound like little Timmy O Toole stuck down the well....I`ve the mic boost up, played around with Realtek Audio Manager, but I can`t get it working.

People in game can hear me or barely can if I get it to work...I`m lost.

have you tried it with your phone? at least that'll eliminate the possibility of it being a problem with the actual headset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's 60 FPS on Xbox One X. Nice. 30 FPS on the S and OG Xbox One.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

awesome...60fps on xbox will be good. This game could be the end of the xbox one as it could drive a lot of people to upgrade to the one x if they play a lot of PUBG.
    Then again Microsoft could hobble it against the older consoles so as not to give players an fps advantage. Then again I'm better its 3rd person only on Xbox so fps mightn't be too much of an advantage.
    Strange as they originally announced it was 4k and 30fps for xbox one x.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    awesome...60fps on xbox will be good. This game could be the end of the xbox one as it could drive a lot of people to upgrade to the one x if they play a lot of PUBG.
    Then again Microsoft could hobble it against the older consoles so as not to give players an fps advantage. Then again I'm better its 3rd person only on Xbox so fps mightn't be too much of an advantage.
    Strange as they originally announced it was 4k and 30fps for xbox one x.

They said that they're not going to tell developers how to use the extra power, and already we see games like Fortnite, which are ~60FPS on the X, 30 on the other Xboxes so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Advertisement