Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's 60 FPS on Xbox One X. Nice. 30 FPS on the S and OG Xbox One.

See here.

At 720p maybe. There's no hope that PUBG is going to hit 60fps stable at 4k on Xbox. It's not even capable of doing that on 3k gaming PCs at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

At 720p maybe. There's no hope that PUBG is going to hit 60fps stable at 4k on Xbox. It's not even capable of doing that on 3k gaming PCs at the minute.

ways and means around it :)
    Less draw distance, 3rd person only, lower textures etc..I'd be happy at 1080p and 50-60fps on xbox.
    I hit about 70-90 fps on 1440p on my pc..then again my pc is worth multiples of the one x:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Blazer wrote: »
    ways and means around it :)
    Less draw distance, 3rd person only, lower textures etc..I'd be happy at 1080p and 50-60fps on xbox.
    I hit about 70-90 fps on 1440p on my pc..then again my pc is worth multiples of the one x:)

It'll almost certainly have dynamic resolution as well. I'd doubt the 4k/60 as well, but getting close would be great.

I suppose we'll find out in a couple of weeks then.

exactly..I have a few console mates who are sick of me gloating about pc and who can't wait to finally play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Streaming the latest Test Server build at: www.twitch.tv/theliber8or if anyone is interested in what's to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent played in a bit :)

64472F67C3F6B7875516851B1323B9265E08EFC3

This round turned into carnage on the 4th circle 5 squads in combat

A9AB87644B6862F338DD0D16644B9339C5F57967

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'm learning to play with a steam controller it's actually good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

lewis wrote: »
    I`m pulling my hair out here, can anyone help me out with my crappy gaming headset.

I can`t seem to get the mic working while listening to anything through the headphones, sounds silly but for some reason it`s either I have the headset on and can only listen to in game sounds, mic not working, not matter what port I plug it onto, or I listen to in game sounds through speakers and mic barely works, I sound like little Timmy O Toole stuck down the well....I`ve the mic boost up, played around with Realtek Audio Manager, but I can`t get it working.

People in game can hear me or barely can if I get it to work...I`m lost.

Have a look at Peace. Helps to raise levels in Windows for audio/mic. Windows is very bad/buggy with levels
    https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/wiki/Installation%20FAQ/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Annnnnnnnd it's back down to 30 FPS on all Xbox One consoles. Disappointing, but not incredibly surprising.

Seems like your man needs a PR person to work his mouth, the number of PR faux pas he's had is unreal at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

When i7X and 1080Ti / Titan X gaming rigs can't run this with high FPS, an XBox hasn't a hope. It's worse than Crysis was.

And they can't tweak draw distance because hit registration is client side.

• Advertisement

Annnnnnnnd it's back down to 30 FPS on all Xbox One consoles. Disappointing, but not incredibly surprising.

Seems like your man needs a PR person to work his mouth, the number of PR faux pas he's had is unreal at this stage.

It seems like he hasn’t a clue what’s going on.
    PUBG is supposed to be Xbox one x enhanced yet he doesn’t know when 4K textures are coming.
    So either he’s clueless or the initial release on Xbox is not enhanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

exactly..I have a few console mates who are sick of me gloating about pc and who can't wait to finally play it.

Why can't they see the light?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why can't they see the light?

upfront costs..when I talk about spending 2k or so on a pc it frightens them :)
    Not everyone has the money to do this so a console is an easy entry point for most people. Nevermind that they will ending up spending more of the lifetime of the console than I will on my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

It seems like he hasn’t a clue what’s going on.
    PUBG is supposed to be Xbox one x enhanced yet he doesn’t know when 4K textures are coming.
    So either he’s clueless or the initial release on Xbox is not enhanced.

To be honest, I reckon he was shifted off the project as soon as it was starting to look like a huge financial success. BlueHole probably moved him into a PR/Marketing role so now he flies around the world promoting the game and is only CC'd in on project development emails.

Falthyron wrote:
    To be honest, I reckon he was shifted off the project as soon as it was starting to look like a huge financial success. BlueHole probably moved him into a PR/Marketing role so now he flies around the world promoting the game and is only CC'd in on project development emails.

Just because he's Irish

Falthyron wrote: »

you're probably right. He always admitted he didn't have much coding skills and so since he's constantly travelling he's probably in the PR role.
    Still fair play to him...made his millions, cushy number and he's getting ready to move onto his next project after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Doubt he made his millions reckon he got a salary.

Falthyron is right, this is not his job its just his idea (actually not) but he is the one credited with it. The game has surpassed almost every possible expectation and I doubt Bluehole(valve too) were built for this.

Gonna give them the benefit of doubt and still play this 20 quid game because its kinda good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dreamers75 wrote: »

Falthyron is right, this is not his job its just his idea (actually not) but he is the one credited with it. The game has surpassed almost every possible expectation and I doubt Bluehole(valve too) were built for this.

Gonna give them the benefit of doubt and still play this 20 quid game because its kinda good.

Ya don't put your name on the pie without getting a slice. He's definitely getting a cut, I dunno if it's as substantial as Dean Hall's for DayZ but..

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ya don't put your name on the pie without getting a slice. He's definitely getting a cut, I dunno if it's as substantial as Dean Hall's for DayZ but..

definitely....he's getting a nice slice of pie out of this. :)
    He also had a license for DAybreak using his idea for their game H1Z1 so you can be guaranteed he must have had a clause for cut of sales...well hopefully anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

definitely....he's getting a nice slice of pie out of this. :)
    He also had a license for DAybreak using his idea for their game H1Z1 so you can be guaranteed he must have had a clause for cut of sales...well hopefully anyway :D

He said in a recent interview that his daughter and family never have to worry about money ever again,so he's done well out of it,Fair play to him too.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote:

Royalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

So I pre-ordered PUBG for the Xbox on the Microsoft site, but I'm confused about when it will be delivered? Will it be dispatched after the the 12th or will I get the activation code before it?

SSr0 wrote: »
    So I pre-ordered PUBG for the Xbox on the Microsoft site, but I'm confused about when it will be delivered? Will it be dispatched after the the 12th or will I get the activation code before it?

You'll get the code emailed to you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

You'll get the code emailed to you on the day.

Unless he's ordered the "physical" edition which is just a code in a box so in that case he would have to wait until delivery.

the weapons and sounds are nicely polished on the test server.
    Also noticed the acog is now crosshairs rather than the pointer which I always hated in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Miramar, the new desert map revealed

ea76e10233d7e72c5857999404c2cec5e87b4b5d.jpg

Players,
    We are excited beyond words that we can finally share the name of our new desert map and tell you a little bit about some of the places you can visit. When we decided to create a new map, we focused on creating an environment that is very different from Erangel. We wanted to go the opposite direction of having lush fields and forests and arrived at the harsh and unforgiving desert of what we can now reveal is Miramar. The unique terrain and dense urban areas of Miramar will create a new Battle Royale experience where the old strategies may no longer work and new tactics are required. We don't want to tell you too much as you will soon be able to experience it all yourself but we did write a few short descriptions of several of the key landmarks and towns. You can find them below, together with the new screenshots.

b7c2a5118504f75ae355aa07e21ca7e1e3ab3004.jpg

e49e32e910a9c3222536db31f17362cdb891adc9.jpg

45f9555cdcf2e16a824ac6758a0d7008e000810b.jpg

549accf641533c69fc020d5c3cd82f7a4315a6a8.jpg

90a20989706ac6fa6fcdbf028eaa57d122ef76ce.jpg

These aren't the only fun places to visit, of course, but you will have to discover the rest of them on your own. Miramar will be playable during the final test round before PUBG hits version 1.0. When you get your hands on it, you can share your favorite moments, top plays and beautiful vistas from Miramar with us on Twitter and Facebook using #ThisIsBattleRoyale

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1479860249075757758

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice, hopefully 1.0 aint too far off :)

Wonder does that mean both maps will be on the Xbox version from launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nice, hopefully 1.0 aint too far off :)

Wonder does that mean both maps will be on the Xbox version from launch.

I thought PUBG will be 1.0 when it's launched on XB1...

So I'd assume both will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

They'd want to get the ball rolling on testing of that map if its to be launched for 1.0 which I am assuming will co-incide with the launch of the Xbox version.

Advertisement