Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I believe they said that the Xbox version would launch with only one map.

Of course, they haven't exactly been good at communicating anything so far, so that's probably still up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Xbox launches with 1 map, but will be a 1.0 version with the vaulting mechanics included.

Overall the game content will be PC first with Xbox close behind.

info taken from noclips interview with Brendan Greene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9EjExsMvI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Size comparisons:

MnuDHNl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ New map now with 20% more running to get to the safe zone whilst you were busy looting miles and miles and miles away and not paying attention to the blue line and some c*nt just drove off honking in the vehicle you had parked up.

^^ New map now with 20% more running to get to the safe zone whilst you were busy looting miles and miles and miles away and not paying attention to the blue line and some c*nt just drove off honking in the vehicle you had parked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is this down on PC? Trying to log on for first time and getting connection closed error with the option to reconnect but never actually connects:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is this down on PC? Trying to log on for first time and getting connection closed error with the option to reconnect but never actually connects:(

NVM,connected after about 10 goes!!

So guess here we go,first game of this,wish me luck:P

EoinHef wrote:
    So guess here we go,first game of this,wish me luck

They were doing maintenance. Best of luck! :D

EoinHef wrote: »
    NVM,connected after about 10 goes!!

So guess here we go,first game of this,wish me luck:P

Someone posted this before but it's relevant.

ijust-kept-crawling-and-it-kept-working-winner-winner-chicken-28967883.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Played a good few games on the Test Server last night again. Getting more consistent FPS than the last time i played it. Up in the mid 70's.
    Still a bit of lag in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I found this way to funny, I'm gonna enjoy this when it drops on xbox :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I found this way to funny, I'm gonna enjoy this when it drops on xbox :pac:

It actually happens (successfully) pretty rarely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

awec wrote: »
    It actually happens (successfully) pretty rarely.

It happens quite a lot I find.

Monday night in duo FPP, my friend and an enemy looted a house but there were no weapons, enemy panics and runs to a nearby car, my friend was right behind him and got in the back of the car. Both dismount and loot another house, mate gets a gun and kills the enemy. It was pretty cool to hear on discord :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nah. I love stealing other players cars. Much rather take their vehicle than go for the kill! Always be honking

New map is available on test servers from 10am Irish time

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    New map is available on test servers from 10am Irish time

They say how long for? Will have to download them again after work

Mickeroo wrote:

They didn't mention a time limit like the last test so I assume it's there for good? 11GB update too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's gonna be up for a week

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Had a quick play of it there, very different feel to the current map. You stick out like a sore thumb when running around.

Also noticed a substantial increase in the frame rate.

Mickeroo wrote:

Just noticed on patch notes, up until same time December 10th so 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

1.0 Release for PC scheduled for 20th December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

How are people finding the new map? Rubber banding is a bit of a problem for me. I miss Erangel, i'm finding the new map almost too vast and open, feels like a new game. My squad have mixed feelings on it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sok2005 wrote: »
    How are people finding the new map? Rubber banding is a bit of a problem for me. I miss Erangel, i'm finding the new map almost too vast and open, feels like a new game. My squad have mixed feelings on it.

I played a few games on it on friday and enjoyed it. Most of the fighting seems to happen in the built up areas due to how barren the landscape is. I like how different it feels to the original map, would have been a shame if they hadn't gone for something different. the slightly different vehicles and unique guns are nice touch too.

Only downside was the lag!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New map staying live until 1.0 comes out.

Other than the rubber banding and a few missing objects new map is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks for the feedback. It's possible I'll eventually come around to it, maybe just an aversion to change.
    PUBG is my first PC shooter game, was a console girl until my thirties! Really enjoying it and I know Erangel quite well now after about 400 hours of play.

When version 1.0 goes live will we only be able to play Erangel then once again or are both maps live at that stage? Hate leaving my squad down but not enjoying Miramar half as much so i'm playing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hopefully the server decides the map, giving players the option will decrease the Erangel pool.

They will quit out anyway tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hopefully the server decides the map, giving players the option will decrease the Erangel pool.

They will quit out anyway tho.

Yeah, people will quit out when it goes into rotation at first just like they do now when fog or rain come up. Maybe they should give it its own playlist for a couple of weeks after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Been searching on the Xbox store to purchase this and cannot find it anywhere. Has it been removed? Considering its release is tomorrow I figured it would be the first thing you see

joe123 wrote:
    Been searching on the Xbox store to purchase this and cannot find it anywhere. Has it been removed? Considering its release is tomorrow I figured it would be the first thing you see

They don't have game preview games available for pre-order ever. You have to wait until it's released at midnight before you can purchase and download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

joe123 wrote: »

Amazon and cd keys

Advertisement