Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

I'm so out of touch with consoles... Xbox one S?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm so out of touch with consoles... Xbox one S?

The slim model, basically on par with the original xbox one/slightly better. The X is the new more powerful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Don't worry console players, in many ways, the PC version is just as broken, so you aren't missing out. We have performance problems, random crashes to desktop during the lobby, transitioning to the plane or other random moments. We also have serious rubber banding issues when you land which makes for a lot of fun...

There are houses in the new map missing stairs, clipping problems, random objects placed erroneously for no reason at all, and glitches in the new map. We also have plenty of cheaters too.

Not to worry, our version is release and eSports ready in seven days. Hopefully Microsoft will put some manners on BlueHole and get things moving fast on the Xbox console, because one of the biggest games on PC right now also happens to be one of the worst and most buggy launches too. If this had been a AAA title release, the Battlefront 2 controversy would be mild by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Blazer wrote: »
    I called this out on the xbox one x before launch and was basically told fps didn't matter and that 30fps was quite adequate for gaming by some noob :D
    lol who's laughing now :D says me with my 120fps at 1440p on my pc :D
    I have it one xbox one x as well and there are a lot of disappointed people on xbox with it.
    How many updates on PC has the game had. It used to be updated every 2 weeks since launch 8 months ago. This is the games first build on console. People are far to hard on it and some expectations are retarded lol.

I've had a great laugh playing it on Xbox over the last 2 days and that's coming from someone that also has a predator monitor with Gsync and running an i7 with a reference 1080. It's nice to put the feet up and play it on my 55inch 4K TV while using the controller. Yes, it took a while to get used to the inventory :)

The game is mostly stable from the ground. I got the impression that Digital Foundry have never played PUBG before. They start off by highlighting how poor the performance is at 20fps in the lobby. Anyone on PC knows the lobby is **** with crappy frame rates because of background processes like map and loot rendering as well as match making.

How many updates on PC has the game had. It used to be updated every 2 weeks since launch 8 months ago. This is the games first build on console. People are far to hard on it and some expectations are retarded lol.

The main issue is: why would you release a game with such glaring issues to the general public and charge money for it? Surely you would only want to release a game in a decent state so as not to sully the game's future prospects? What's the rush? Why not wait until the game is actually ready?

Oh wait, no. I forgot the whole money thing. They want more money and they want it before some decent developer comes along and announces a Battle Royale type game that actually plays well, isn't buggy, and doesn't have issues with lag and performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Falthyron wrote: »
    The main issue is: why would you release a game with such glaring issues to the general public and charge money for it? Surely you would only want to release a game in a decent state so as not to sully the game's future prospects? What's the rush? Why not wait until the game is actually ready?

Oh wait, no. I forgot the whole money thing. They want more money and they want it before some decent developer comes along and announces a Battle Royale type game that actually plays well, isn't buggy, and doesn't have issues with lag and performance.

Epic Games Fortnite.....

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Epic Games Fortnite.....

Exactly. Fortnite actually runs well, and plays well too. BlueHole can't have a competent and experienced developer making a successful game in the same genre as them, taking a large portion of the market and locking it down. PUBG needs a console presence before Fortnite gets too big.

"It runs at 6fps in parts? Fúck it. Stick it on some Early Access program and it'll be grand! We'll fix it next year and spin the fixes as content updates. We have enough popular momentum on PC to see us through these turbulent times on console. They will lap that shít up. Now pass me the Bollinger Magnum, its been a hard morning counting up the amount of crate keys we have sold" - Some BlueHole Executive, probably.

And just to clarify on the issue of the Xbox consoles not being powerful enough to run this game, etc. This game is a mess. There are €2,000 PCs out there that struggle to achieve a stable FPS at 60 or higher. One of the best images I have heard used to describe the game's code is spaghetti. Its one big pile of spaghetti under the hood and the people driving the car aren't looking at the all the warning lights appearing on the dashboard.

So, don't be upset or pissed off that your console isn't up to spec. It's BlueHole. They are fúcking atrocious and don't have a clue. There are plenty of games on Xbox running on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4.0) that run like a dream. BlueHole are cowboys, so enjoy your console and play some great games made by competent developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Fortnite runs really smooth, it doesnt appeal to me though and i imagine its the same for a lot of people. building stair cases on the go? nah yer ok!

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Fortnite runs really smooth, it doesnt appeal to me though and i imagine its the same for a lot of people. building stair cases on the go? nah yer ok!

Which is fair enough, but expecting someone like BlueHole to produce the perfect (hell, I'd take competent) Battle Royale game is a little ambitious. PUBG will be the beta game for whomever takes on the challenge of producing a finalised version. Hopefully, an experienced developer who is willing to spend money to deliver a robust and functioning system, backed up with good servers and support will announce a realistic military shooter Battle Royale-type game soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unoptimised game on early access runs poorly... I'm sure it will run a lot better at release.

Exactly. Fortnite actually runs well, and plays well too. BlueHole can't have a competent and experienced developer making a successful game in the same genre as them, taking a large portion of the market and locking it down. PUBG needs a console presence before Fortnite gets too big.

"It runs at 6fps in parts? Fúck it. Stick it on some Early Access program and it'll be grand! We'll fix it next year and spin the fixes as content updates. We have enough popular momentum on PC to see us through these turbulent times on console. They will lap that shít up. Now pass me the Bollinger Magnum, its been a hard morning counting up the amount of crate keys we have sold" - Some BlueHole Executive, probably.
    This is to scale. I'd like to see how fortnite runs on a map this size. Not taking away from Fortnite. They are doing great but the map is tiny in comparison.

Hw9B7oL.jpg?1

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unoptimised game on early access runs poorly... I'm sure it will run a lot better at release.

We are seven days from 'release' on PC. Even the beta (Test Server) for the beta (Early Access) for the release has serious technical problems right now. I wouldn't put much hope in BlueHole, but maybe Microsoft will help them out. One would hope...

This is to scale. I'd like to see how fortnite runs on a map this size. Not taking away from Fortnite. They are doing great but the map is tiny in comparison.

Hw9B7oL.jpg?1

but why should it have to run on a map that size? its running perfectly well and work perfectly well as is.

I think a big reason the PUBG map is a lot bigger is due to the fact vehicles have been added.

Can't really bring the map being small as a down side of it to be fair, they saw an opportunity, built a game that works and released it for free then backed it up with actually listening to the community and dropping hot fixes/patches regularly to address any issues that have come up.

To say I've been impressed with Epic Games over the last few weeks is an understatement they've really made a show of other companies in how they have listened to the community taken stuff on board and worked to make the game better for the people who play it, not try to milk as much money as possible from players.

SeanHarty wrote: »

Can't really bring the map being small as a down side of it to be fair, they saw an opportunity, built a game that works and released it for free then backed it up with actually listening to the community and dropping hot fixes/patches regularly to address any issues that have come up.

I am not saying it as a negative, I am saying that when people champion Fortnite's performance over PUBG they have to account for the fact that the map is tiny in comparison to PUBG. If PUBG's map was as small as Fortnite it would definitely perform better than at present.

Hw9B7oL.jpg?1

I'm not 100% on this, but what about ARMA 3, Just Cause 3, Grand Theft Auto V, etc? Those maps are just as big, if not bigger. Then you have MMO's with huge maps and other players. They all seem quite competent in handling massive distances. It's almost as if BlueHole are in over their head. Now, some might say that the UE4 engine isn't exactly designed for massive maps with 100 players, and they would probably be correct in that assertion, but that begs the question: why choose the UE4 engine? Because it was free.

If you can't make the game you want, then don't put out a poor attempt. If you have the money to make the game you want, then use it and make the game you want. BlueHole have access to more money than 100 indie developers combined. There is no excuse.

I am not saying it as a negative, I am saying that when people champion Fortnite's performance over PUBG they have to account for the fact that the map is tiny in comparison to PUBG. If PUBG's map was as small as Fortnite it would definitely perform better than at present.

Fair enough but I think you can champion it because the Dev's had made the decision for the map to be that big/small knowing how it will play, like they must have tested it at some point?

Epic have done a much better job of knowing what they have to work with and building something around that and it plays really well, some games just don't work cross platform and maybe PUBG is one of them, which is a huge shame because I was really looking forward to playing it and hopefully some day it will be in a state that I can play it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

saying fortnite plays better than PUBG is not a fir comparison. One is a cartoon, the other is a bit more realistic.

fortnite didnt build their battle royale game from the ground up either, the game is basically just an expansion on what was already made from years of development.

Give PUBG time, it'll improve. i dont think they should have launched to Xbox myself, its just not optimized enough for it yet.

RossieMan wrote: »
    saying fortnite plays better than PUBG is not a fir comparison. One is a cartoon, the other is a bit more realistic.

fortnite didnt build their battle royale game from the ground up either, the game is basically just an expansion on what was already made from years of development.

Give PUBG time, it'll improve. i dont think they should have launched to Xbox myself, its just not optimized enough for it yet.

I get what your saying but it does play better? no matter what the differences are Epic knew exactly what they had to work with in terms of power from the consoles where PUBG have been way to ambitious from the drop.

So giving PUBG a free pass because it looks better or has a bigger map is a mute comment in my eyes as the fecking game doesn't play well at the moment??

And you have to pay for the privilege of playing a FPS survival game with a terrible frame rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The thing I feel people are missing is Epic games made Unreal Tournament - as in, they made the games that Unreal Engine was built from the ground up for. They built UE4. It shouldn't be any surprise that they know how to make a game using their own engine they made.

First public release build on console. But based on what's already in place with PC and they've been working with Microsoft to optimise the game for months. It's in no way comparable to the first build on PC, entirely different stage of development and resources invested.

• Advertisement

First public release build on console. But based on what's already in place with PC and they've been working with Microsoft to optimise the game for months. It's in no way comparable to the first build on PC, entirely different stage of development and resources invested.
    Well then compare it to the PC version since public launch. Its has had an update almost every 2 weeks for 8-9 months. I can post plenty videos highlighting its issues on PC at public launch. It seems many PC players have developed amnesia and are now recalling that the PC version was a dream since launch :D

In relation to Xbox One X and Xbox, take a €500 PC and tell me how well PUBG plays on PC and then take a €250 PC and tell me how well PUBG performs on that.

Its the very first build on console. Its a work in progress. There seems to be a double standard online. People comparing a game that has been out 8-9 months on PC with regular updates to a game that has been out 2 days in Xbox's early access program.

Has Digital Foundry put it, "Its an amazing achievement that they got it running on console"

How about we give it 8-9 months on console and see how it performs then.

Well then compare it to the PC version since public launch. Its has had an update almost every 2 weeks for 8-9 months. I can post plenty videos highlighting its issues on PC at public launch. It seems many PC players have developed amnesia and are now recalling that the PC version was a dream since launch :D

In relation to Xbox One X and Xbox, take a €500 PC and tell me how well PUBG plays on PC and then take a €250 PC and tell me how well PUBG performs on that.

Its the very first build on console. Its a work in progress. There seems to be a double standard online. People comparing a game that has been out 8-9 months on PC with regular updates to a game that has been out 2 days in Xbox's early access program.

Has Digital Foundry put it, "Its an amazing achievement that they got it running on console"

Where do you draw the line in all of this? What is the point in releasing a game that doesn't run properly on console now? Why not wait?

Would you support Battlefield 5 releasing right now in a similar state to PUBG? Why not? People would buy it, and they will play whatever it is at the time of early-access release. It would be a very poor experience, but who cares, it will be finished (you hope) in 8-9 months time. Why not do this with every big game? Let the community and paying customers become the QA department and pay for that privilege.

RossieMan wrote: »

Bluehole are relatively inexperienced/poor developers. That's not much else to it.

Where do you draw the line in all of this? What is the point in releasing a game that doesn't run properly on console now? Why not wait?

Would you support Battlefield 5 releasing right now in a similar state to PUBG? Why not? People would buy it, and they will play whatever it is at the time of early-access release. It would be a very poor experience, but who cares, it will be finished (you hope) in 8-9 months time. Why not do this with every big game? Let the community and paying customers become the QA department and pay for that privilege.

I am playing it on Xbox now with marginal issues.

My only issue is parachuting FPS and the odd consistent dip when driving. Other than that I am nearly always hoovering around 30 FPS. I have played PUBG on PC with many people on this thread for months at 1440p at 70-90FPS. Do you think if the game was unplayable I'd be still playing it on Xbox :D

I'm nitpicking but PC got 2 week updates for the first few months then nothing once console/miramar/vaulting was announced.

I am playing it on Xbox now with marginal issues.

My only issue is parachuting FPS and the odd consistent dip when driving. Other than that I am nearly always hoovering around 30 FPS. I have played PUBG on PC with many people on this thread for months at 1440p at 70-90FPS. Do you think if the game was unplayable I'd be still playing it on Xbox :D

Frankly I've no idea why you'd choose to play at 30fps with a controller :pac:

Frankly I've no idea why you'd choose to play at 30 an unstable fps with a controller :pac:

Fixed that for ya! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bluehole are relatively inexperienced/poor developers. That's not much else to it.

But only an amazing achievement because it's a horribly coded piece of crap, from a technical POV.

I'm not denying that it's a good concept and a game with a lot of promise but I can't believe it's become so popular given how shoddy it is.

Runs like absolute garbage, and looks like an old game, and until recently had a single map type.

I bought it, but I just never quite 'got it' really though I do see what a lot of people love about it.

Fair enough if it was some indie title but at this point it's one of the most popular games in the world, and they're still half-arsing the whole thing trying to rake in even more cash.

Frankly I've no idea why you'd choose to play at 30fps with a controller :pac:

lol. I am enjoying putting my feet up and playing it on the 55 inch 4K TV.
    I'd be destroyed if I tried the same thing on the PC version using a controller :P
    I do miss my mouse and keyboard but its nice to sit back and play on the big TV.

• Advertisement

lol. I am enjoying putting my feet up and playing it on the 55 inch 4K TV.
    I'd be destroyed if I tried the same thing on the PC version using a controller :P
    I do miss my mouse and keyboard but its nice to sit back and play on the big TV.

There's certainly an appeal to that. It's annoying when I try do the same with the likes of Witcher 3 on PC that I can't read the text if I sit back.

Advertisement