Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ripperino.. leaderboards will reset before 1.0 goes live :pac:

I'll have to do it all over again. :(

What are the odds we will see 'Day One' loot crates launching tonight? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Falthyron wrote: »
    I'll have to do it all over again. :(

What are the odds we will see 'Day One' loot crates launching tonight? :pac:

Quite high. The new art out shows some clothing/accessories that aren’t in the game yet. Cosmetics don’t really bother me, as long as they keep free crates.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Speaking of performance.... nVidia just dropped new drivers with Game Ready for PUBG.

Already 10-15% performance increases reported for GTX 1060 on reddit.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Quite high. The new art out shows some clothing/accessories that aren’t in the game yet. Cosmetics don’t really bother me, as long as they keep free crates.

There will always be free crates, but the better looking stuff will be in the ones that require paid keys, just like the GamesCom one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

9.6gb patch for test server :confused:

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    9.6gb patch for test server :confused:

Last minute bug fixes, crash fixes, etc. Patch notes explain everything really.

UE4 doesn't allow micro-patching so any file modified needs to be re-uploaded and hence patch sizes get gigantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »
    Will there be a price change after 1.0 release tomorrow guys?
    I bought it when it came out at first but performance was so bad I got a refund but intended to return someday.

I thought I heard Playerunknown ( whathisnameagain Brendan Greene ? ) say in one of his interviews that the price would not increase with the launch of 1.0 .... I can't find it now though .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats 1.0? is it just them leaving early access? or is it big a content patch?

nix wrote: »
    Whats 1.0? is it just them leaving early access? or is it big a content patch?

Big patch to live servers including performance changes, new map, guns, vehicles, vaulting, etc (everything on the test server)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Big patch to live servers including performance changes, new map, guns, vehicles, vaulting, etc (everything on the test server)

Oh i thought they added that all in already, so they no longer do testing Tuesday and release the patch the following Thursday anymore?

I've been on mobile internet the last few weeks now so im clueless on pubg updates recently :(

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Oh i thought they added that all in already, so they no longer do testing Tuesday and release the patch the following Thursday anymore?

I've been on mobile internet the last few weeks now so im clueless on pubg updates recently :(

There hasn't been any significant updates for a long time other than this one

Speaking of performance.... nVidia just dropped new drivers with Game Ready for PUBG.

Already 10-15% performance increases reported for GTX 1060 on reddit.

i5 6400/GTX970 here and now I have 75-120 FPS in all situations so far on both maps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought it lastnight and updated today, so far performance is 10X better than last I played it when it first surfaced.
    Its actually amazing how much better it runs, I'm sure the new NVidia drivers are helping too.
    Fun game for sure but solo play isn't the most enjoyable, had some duo games with randomers this afternoon and its a lot more enjoyable.
    I need folk to play this with, my usual gaming buddies are still addicted to the division.

I need folk to play this with, my usual gaming buddies are still addicted to the division.

You're in luck, there's a Boards.ie Discord :D

https://discord.gg/vdjFgH

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Getting over 100fps on high settings at 1440p once on the ground, new map looks immaculate.

Now that it is 1.0 I think most can agree this is a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Performance is vastly improved but when I turn around quickly you can see objects pop back into high definition detail which annoys me. Playing on desert map and zooming using the x4 times and there were very obvious parts of cliffs staying in low res textures.

So I prefer that over the old version? Yeah but work to be done. On the other hand vaulting adds so much and the weird delayed feeling to movement is gone, everything is nicely responsive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

With several hundred hours out down, I'm quite happy with the 1.0 patch, stability was always the big issue and while it's not 100%, it's getting there. He new map is great craic, loving the new weapons especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

btw if anyone gets stuck at the lobby page (scene with the grass and car)asking you to update your client even though it's up to date just go into C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and delete gameusersettings and restart the game. Should fix it although you'll need to redo your gfx setting etc.

As I predicted, the rubber banding is still a major problem. It wasn't so bad earlier, but as the evening went on it has become progressively worse. It is awful and so very frustrating. I don't think they will ever fix this.

• Advertisement

Performance is vastly improved but when I turn around quickly you can see objects pop back into high definition detail which annoys me. Playing on desert map and zooming using the x4 times and there were very obvious parts of cliffs staying in low res textures.

So I prefer that over the old version? Yeah but work to be done. On the other hand vaulting adds so much and the weird delayed feeling to movement is gone, everything is nicely responsive now.

What's your view distance set to? If that's set to ultra then that's just with how the draw distance is set to 1km. Doesn't render anything beyond that distance for performance reasons.

If view distance is set below ultra then it won't render textures at X distance for each setting. Actually setting it to very low is probably advantageous on Erangel as grass won't load a few hundred metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yay, it's all working again since the 12gb update thankfully resolved the problems I was experiencing with it. They just need to sort out the servers and networking issues and it should be pretty good then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sick of the desert map only being played, its not a great map either and every game i play its on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sick of the desert map only being played, its not a great map either and every game i play its on this map.

There should be an update today that fixes that. Should be 50/50 chance now between the old and new map.
    I'd agree though, I prefer the original map.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, agreed. Actually put me off playing there for a while. Must try again this evening, was missing it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

James74 wrote: »
    Yep, agreed. Actually put me off playing there for a while. Must try again this evening, was missing it there.

It came in yesterday or the day before but all good now.
    A future patch will allow you to pick maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

And first match back.... old map :)

Any active groups looking for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battleye twitter reporting that it's banned over 1.5 million accounts, the vast majority of them Chinese. That's a disgrace. If there's that many cheaters , how many people have had their experiences ruined by fellas hacking etc?

• Advertisement

All of us still alive :)

FAF6ED7F6CD3821271FA72A803B1064619E80779

Advertisement