Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'm back into Top 1000 in FPP Squad EU. The struggles continues...

Gonna start uploading some of my better stuff on to YouTube now that I have the Nvidia Geforce Experience software working correctly and the replay system within PUBG.

Ha the flick in the first video looks seriously dodge. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It does doesn’t it. Did shadow play miss a few frames :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There's a flick in the second video too. The replay system is flawed, there's a surprise. :/

RossieMan wrote: »
    There's a flick in the second video too. The replay system is flawed, there's a surprise. :/

It seems like only a few instructions are saved. Something like a shot from you and a landing location with corresponding time stamps. The x/y movement isn't strictly adhered to inbetween these events. Makes it look like an aimbot at times like above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Had chicken for dinner, first time, it's nice ......would eat again .

Not one, but two new crates! :pac:

Took them longer than I expected.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-09-new-pubg-crates-let-you-dress-up-like-a-biker-or-desperado

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Falthyron wrote: »

At least one is free. Surprised that they show the drop rates, but that is a requirement in China, so seeing as they don't have diff versions it makes sense. Drop rates for free crates are lol though

Patch today , 6 gig+ download .

jonski wrote: »
    Patch today , 6 gig+ download .

And more keys to buy.
    Christ they definitely intend to suck as much cash out of this as much as possible.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    And more keys to buy.
    Christ they definitely intend to suck as much cash out of this as much as possible.

I'm obviously missing something here , I paid €22 for the game and that's it , it hasn't cost me anything else .

And more keys to buy.

The micro-transactions in this are even more innocuous than Overwatch's

I'm obviously missing something here , I paid €22 for the game and that's it , it hasn't cost me anything else .

Do you know why there’s so many hackers in this game?
    It’s because you can sell the items on the steam marketplace. Some of these kits are selling for €600-900 in the steam market. I know the money stays in your wallet but I imagine there’s a way around it.
    If bluehole were serious about combatting hacking they’d remove the game items from steam marketplace and keep it strictly in game and only using in game currency earned from playing games.
    The level of hackers would significantly drop then.

Blazer wrote:
    Do you know why there’s so many hackers in this game? It’s because you can sell the items on the steam marketplace. Some of these kits are selling for €600-900 in the steam market. I know the money stays in your wallet but I imagine there’s a way around it. If bluehole were serious about combatting hacking they’d remove the game items from steam marketplace and keep it strictly in game and only using in game currency earned from playing games. The level of hackers would significantly drop then.

Ahhh, I get you now . Hack , win, get more points , buy more crates , increase chance of getting high value item, sell it on steam and even if you are caught afterwards you have already gotten away with the loot ( no pun intended ) . You'll have to excuse us older guys for not picking up on things that weren't an issue in our day .... jumpers for goalposts an all that .

I should have thought of it really though as my son has already sold a single loot item for €187 and used that money to buy other games on steam .

Ahhh, I get you now . Hack , win, get more points , buy more crates , increase chance of getting high value item, sell it on steam and even if you are caught afterwards you have already gotten away with the loot ( no pun intended ) . You'll have to excuse us older guys for not picking up on things that weren't an issue in our day .... jumpers for goalposts an all that .

I should have thought of it really though as my son has already sold a single loot item for €187 and used that money to buy other games on steam .

It’s something I was completely unaware of too upto 2-3 months ago :)

Blazer wrote:
    It’s something I was completely unaware of too upto 2-3 months ago

That's probably a sign you are getting old 😂

I don't think the hacking and the items correlate too much. There are lots of hackers, because Chinese people enjoy cheating. Bot farms are how the BP is harvested, and that is a totally different approach. Essentially a bot account will drop into the map and crawl towards the circle placing as high as possible without actually engaging anybody or doing anything. This mainly happens in solo as it has the greatest BP return for placing in the top 10.

I really don't think people are cheating purely to make money off the game. Better off getting a minimum wage job.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think the hacking and the items correlate too much. There are lots of hackers, because Chinese people enjoy cheating. Bot farms are how the BP is harvested, and that is a totally different approach. Essentially a bot account will drop into the map and crawl towards the circle placing as high as possible without actually engaging anybody or doing anything. This mainly happens in solo as it has the greatest BP return for placing in the top 10.

now I have visions of millions of chinese lads all on their bellies crawling towards the circle :D

now I have visions of millions of chinese lads all on their bellies crawling towards the circle :D

Haha you laugh, but I've seen it loads of times in replays! Some guy managed to come second before crawling in a straight line to the circle :D

• Advertisement

Gonna stream some Solo FPP. If you are interested you can follow at: www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

Eventually got a nice run going tonight.
    Got a silencer of one of the two guys I killed for my AR and Sniper which gave me a huge advantage toards the end. You really see the flash of the guns firing.
    Got lucky at the end with the last guy to win it..its one of the reasons I always have a few smoke grenades with me.

just came across this one while uploading :)

So there are new crates , Desperado and Biker . If you get a Desperado Crate you need a Key to unlock it ..........a key that you have to buy !

Wtf is that about ?

So there are new crates , Desperado and Biker . If you get a Desperado Crate you need a Key to unlock it ..........a key that you have to buy !

Wtf is that about ?

More money for bluehole.

Wtf is that about ?

Welcome to the world of loot boxes and micro transactions

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I made 7 euro selling the crates, can't complain.

Got some Squad FPP up now. Going for a high numbered rank now! Excuse the **** talking though! :D

www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

So I went ahead and bought a key, I know, but I would have been awake all night wondering ....

Cost me two quid and I got an item that's currently selling for €18 so........... there's that

Was also thinking after about the cheating to get more crates and I hadn't factored in the fact that you can only get 7 in a week so that must surely help to limit it .

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can't sell the item you get from the crate for like 7 days so I wouldn't be surprised if it's worth hardly anything by then.

Advertisement