Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

awec wrote: »
    You can't sell the item you get from the crate for like 7 days so I wouldn't be surprised if it's worth hardly anything by then.

You sure about that? I can do it but I have 2fa set up on my phone through the steam app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

You can't sell the item you get from the crate for like 7 days so I wouldn't be surprised if it's worth hardly anything by then.

I actually can't sell it for 30 days due to not having bought anything on Steam for over a year . So it might be worth nothing then, same thing happened to my son but after the 30 days he still got €187 for a mini skirt .I told him he didn't have to sell it and I'd still love him if he wanted to wear it himself . At the end of the day they are still your kids .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You can sell instantly if you have 2FA on, up on €67 made since this game came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can sell instantly if you have 2FA on, up on €67 made since this game came out.

2fa being the steam guard mobile authenticator ?

I just enabled that and still have to wait 30 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got a beanie cap which is worth a fiver.
    Having to wait 7 days or so to sell a new item sucks.

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    2fa being the steam guard mobile authenticator ?

I just enabled that and still have to wait 30 days :(

Yeah but when thats done you dont have to wait.

2FA should be a rule for all valuable logins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Blazer wrote: »
    Got a beanie cap which is worth a fiver.
    Having to wait 7 days or so to sell a new item sucks.

If you put the authentication app on your phone i think it removes the wait time on in game sales, did for me anyway.

nix wrote: »
    If you put the authentication app on your phone i think it removes the wait time on in game sales, did for me anyway.

I have it on my phone, just tells me those items are untradeable until 8 days or so have passed.
    Ah its a steam thing..to combat fraud etc. Implemented on a game by game basis.

oh baggy pants...going for €33 ..damnit why can't I sell it now.

oh baggy pants...going for €33 ..damnit why can't I sell it now.

Its be .98 in 3 weeks :D

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its be .98 in 3 weeks :D

thats ok..as long as its still that by 7 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Managed to get a nice triple with a pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Getting there...!

438506.jpg

438505.jpg

Squaredude wrote: »
    Managed to get a nice triple with a pistol

can't beat pistol kills..
    I used to go around COD4 on hardcore mode with just the pistol and it was fantastic fun. Myself and the USP would be rocking the top spot more often than not. And who doesn't remember the M1911 in Bad Company 2,..the most overpowered pistol ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FFS. One the lads just opened his first desperado crate and got a white leather hoodie worth €1200!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's not worth that. It's what it's listed for. It'll never sell. It'll go for 5-600 though.

Edit: it seems as though fools are actually buying them at that price. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

RossieMan wrote:
    Edit: it seems as though fools are actually buying them at that price. Jesus.

Yuuuup

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    FFS. One the lads just opened his first desperado crate and got a white leather hoodie worth €1200!!! :eek::eek:

And this is why we’re getting hackers and Chinese bots farming in this game.
    Bluehole are rapidly becoming the new EA of loot boxes.
    I’m just surprised they’re not taking a cut from what you sell on the marketplace.
    At this stage the company are closing to making nearly a billion from this game but still only have 2 maps released.
    I can just see the whole top level of bluehole gorging themselves on coke and hookers while laughing at the rest of us.
    I’d much prefer if they dropped this whole marketplace crap and instead made their money by charging for new maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

I'd prefer it were a subscription based system. They're paying for cloud virtualization for this so the more players the higher the running costs.

If there's one single payment from a player it doesn't really cover development and running costs in the long run. Once they've sold all they can sell, how much runway does that money buy? If I remember correctly they moved from AWS to Azure. Neither of these platforms are cheap, especially when spinning up VMs when needed and the amount of traffic being generated.

Not a hope I'd pay for a subscription service

• Advertisement

And this is why we’re getting hackers and Chinese bots farming in this game.
    Bluehole are rapidly becoming the new EA of loot boxes.
    I’m just surprised they’re not taking a cut from what you sell on the marketplace.
    At this stage the company are closing to making nearly a billion from this game but still only have 2 maps released.
    I can just see the whole top level of bluehole gorging themselves on coke and hookers while laughing at the rest of us.
    I’d much prefer if they dropped this whole marketplace crap and instead made their money by charging for new maps.
    Instead of releasing any more new maps I'd much prefer that they go back and fix the maps they have and get the game running at somewhat decent rate

Squaredude wrote: »
    Instead of releasing any more new maps I'd much prefer that they go back and fix the maps they have and get the game running at somewhat decent rate

on a 980ti you should be getting excellent framerates at least 60+?
    I get 100fps+ at 1440p at high settings. I always turn off the post processing bull**** for multiplayer games etc on a 1080gtc which is jsut slightly better than the 980ti despite what nvidia say.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

circadian wrote: »
    I'd prefer it were a subscription based system. They're paying for cloud virtualization for this so the more players the higher the running costs.

If there's one single payment from a player it doesn't really cover development and running costs in the long run. Once they've sold all they can sell, how much runway does that money buy? If I remember correctly they moved from AWS to Azure. Neither of these platforms are cheap, especially when spinning up VMs when needed and the amount of traffic being generated.

On the money circadian. This is their biggest problem imo, its great that they have made a shed of money now, but without continual revenue coming in they cant run these servers ad finiteum, so unfortunately crates and micro transactions are their only option, unless I'm missing something. There's only so many cosmetic items they can sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

TheFairy wrote: »
    On the money circadian. This is their biggest problem imo, its great that they have made a shed of money now, but without continual revenue coming in they cant run these servers ad finiteum, so unfortunately crates and micro transactions are their only option, unless I'm missing something. There's only so many cosmetic items they can sell?

what ever happened to dedicated servers in gaming. let the gamers host their own servers. problem solved

My frames are good, I meant the server tick rate. This game cannot handle 100 players right now, getting shot while behind cover gets old pretty fast

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

what ever happened to dedicated servers in gaming. let the gamers host their own servers. problem solved

Not sure clans would want to pay out for a game model where you are out of the game when you are dead? Also generally where there is an official stats system tied to a game it tends to be closed loop re hosting, with preferred hosting companies etc.

I think this will be an issue a year down the line, be interesting to see how this pans out.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is anyone else still seeing an FPS drop when you go indoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Is anyone else still seeing an FPS drop when you go indoors?

In parts. I only experience a FPS drop when I look a certain direction inside apartments (beside school). My friend who has a lower spec machine than mine, but can get 60 fps, experiences drops when he is inside school and looks toward the central courtyard; it can go as low as 20 fps for him.

The game is still in Early Access, despite the label saying otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Falthyron wrote: »
    In parts. I only experience a FPS drop when I look a certain direction inside apartments (beside school). My friend who has a lower spec machine than mine, but can get 60 fps, experiences drops when he is inside school and looks toward the central courtyard; it can go as low as 20 fps for him.

The game is still in Early Access, despite the label saying otherwise.

I wouldn't expect too much more in the realms of optimization tbh. I dont think we'll see the tick rate imrpove either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

They are. For everything that gets sold on the Steam marketplace, Valve gets a 5% cut and the game publisher gets 10% (these are charged extra to the buyer on top of what the seller indicates they want to receive from selling the item).

Advertisement