Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My email is verified for years, I even tried to re verify it last week to get rid of the message but it's still there. Phone number verified too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Falthyron wrote: »
    That is really odd. I have been opening the free ones (wanderer and survivor) and I can't recall ever having to wait any period of time before selling the item inside. Maybe something has changed in the policy about items from crates.

I can sell items from the free crates no problem, pretty sure yawns is the same. Desperado crate is the only one with the cool down on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Falthyron wrote: »
    That is really odd. I have been opening the free ones (wanderer and survivor) and I can't recall ever having to wait any period of time before selling the item inside. Maybe something has changed in the policy about items from crates.

People don't seem to be grasping the issue fully.

It's only the items inside the Desperado crate that has a delay on being sold.

I can sell all crates straight away no problem.

I can open survivor, wanderer and biker crates and sell them items right away no problem.

I can sell a desperado crate no problem.

If I buy a key and open a desperado crate I need to wait 7 days before selling the item. Some people seem to have a way around this as they have been selling since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yawns wrote: »
    If I buy a key and open a desperado crate I need to wait 7 days before selling the item. Some people seem to have a way around this as they have been selling since day 1.

Freshly bought keys in all games on Steam have been untradeable/unmarketable for 7 days after purchase for about three years now. All games in which keys can be bought are affected: TF2, CS:GO, Rocket League, Killing Floor 2, and now PUBG.

It was implemented to reduce the chance of a hijacked account having the associated credit card also drained by the hijacker buying loads of keys and immediately trading them away to other accounts.

As for how people have been selling the stuff early: Gamescom Keys that people had in their inventory were changed into Early Bird keys; and since those existing keys had no trade hold on them, the items unboxed also had no trade hold and thus could be sold on the marketplace immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

That clears that up so. Wasn't aware that all keys bought via steam had that limitation as I never buy them. That one key was the first time I ever bothered with spending money on a lootbox and most likely be the only time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Played a 3 man squad game last night where there was Teaming going on by other squads. Bellends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Played a 3 man squad game last night where there was Teaming going on by other squads. Bellends!!

3 man squad or any variation of * man squad, still go up against the full 4 man team.. I too thought it was 3v3 until we won a chicken dinner against 4 lads hurdled behind a single rock at the end..

Unless you mean it was more than 4 players, then yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Got my second chicken dinner last night down to the last two and I chucked a grenade bounced off the window and blew up the other lad who was just opening the door haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

New patch out. Supposed to be performance improvements etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

gazzamc wrote: »
    3 man squad or any variation of * man squad, still go up against the full 4 man team.. I too thought it was 3v3 until we won a chicken dinner against 4 lads hurdled behind a single rock at the end..

Unless you mean it was more than 4 players, then yes :)

Ha I thought the same for ages too!

A trio option would be nice

• Advertisement

As long as you kill one of their team and ruin their day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

As long as you kill one of their team and ruin their day

Precisely how I play. :D

Two trips to the Colonel's Wonder Emporium tonight! :D Apologies for the image quality. Taken with my phone!

440350.jpeg

440351.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

11 kills both times, nice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Winner of the #Extralife charity stream was cheating and guess where he was from.........

That is embarrassing for Bluehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Patch today .
    Players, as with the last patch, a new type of anti-cheat solution, which is still under development, is to be applied on the test servers. We are in a test phase with this solution, and its stability and compatibility need to be verified. We would like to collect data about potential compatibility issues, analyze it and solve any issues that may emerge.

If you experience a crash, please take a screenshot that shows the error and report it here.[forums.playbattlegrounds.com] If the current test build is consistently crashing for you, we recommend that you play on the live servers instead. Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the patch notes below:

World
    Miramar improvements
    Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
    Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
    Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)

Replay
    The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
    Bug fixes

Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
    Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
    Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
    Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly

Thank you.
    The PUBG Development and Community Team

Played a few games tonight and made it into the Top 1000. Gonna try for Top 100 next.

440444.jpg

440443.jpg

Picked up a set of the Astro A40's to use with my xbox and pc.
    Just for curiosity I used windows sonic for pubg on pc (it will work with any stereo headset) and I was very impressed with it.
    Myself and a guy spawned into the same 5 story building and I could hear him below me running around on the floor a few storeys down and coming up each flight of stairs. With sonic I was able to pinpoint exactly where he was and just waited for him to come to the stairs I was on. Incredible difference.
    Going to try Atmos tonight to see if it's just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've tried ATMOS and found it terrible. When using 7.1 virtualisation I always find it sounds like it just spreads the sound around all my headphones, so it makes audio cues harder to interpret. I'm gonna try the Windows Sonic tonight and see if I notice any difference.

On a side note, the sound mixing is terrible in PUBG, and the general 3D audio is also very poor. I'm well used to using sound cues in FPS, but the directional sound in this is sh*te. The gun sounds, and distant shot noises are all great, just 3d wise I find it poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

What do ye think of this ?..........

Bit of context : I didn't have much or maybe no armour plus he had downed me the same way slightly earlier so I was gonna be wiped out easily . I just thought popping me while I ran past the window was pretty lucky or was it very good .....or did he have help

• Advertisement

dodgy as **** I'd say.

jonski wrote: »
    What do ye think of this ?..........

Bit of context : I didn't have much or maybe no armour plus he had downed me the same way slightly earlier so I was gonna be wiped out easily . I just thought popping me while I ran past the window was pretty lucky or was it very good .....or did he have help

Username: Zhang3111, and you couldn't be seen in the room even though he prepared to look at the window before you moved past it. Report.

Yeah must have been a wall hack or something. He knew exactly where you were before he could see you.

Disabling Steam Share to help combat hacking.

That affect anyone here?

yer man above

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/Zhang3111?region=eu

damn the M249 is pretty awesome even at mid range.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone know why PUBG might be resetting my router during the game? Only happens while playing PUBG.

I have Virgin 340mb

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Anyone know why PUBG might be resetting my router during the game? Only happens while playing PUBG.

I have Virgin 340mb

I can't see how that's even possible

dreamers75 wrote: »

They should be done for misleading the consumer. Not a single person in that trailer was using hacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Hyzepher wrote: »

I have Virgin 340mb

Is it possible your router is seeing the data from PUBG as a possible dos attack? My old router used to do this when I would search for servers on DayZ. Trying putting your IP into the dmz on your router and see if that changes anything.

Advertisement