Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PUBG 2018 ROADMAP

Full details here: https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/130.pu

New Content and Gameplay:

Next month we will be deploying a new, 4x4km island map on our Experimental Test Server for you to try out. It’s a much smaller map and should give you all a much more intense and faster paced Battle Royale experience. It will offer a higher player density and shorter matches and we want to get it into your hands early this time around so we can use your input to make it a great experience for everyone.

0z5jnZ4.jpg?1

We’re also ready to begin testing our Emote System. You will be able to check it out on our Test Servers very soon. We’re looking forward to receiving your feedback on this new system and we will continue to expand on the range of emotes available throughout the year. For now, here is a brief preview of some of the work we have been doing on this system.

g9hzIM5.gif

Another new map that we’re working on is planned to be 8x8km in size. As with the smaller map coming to the Experimental Test Servers, we want to get this into your hands early in its development, so you can help us make the gameplay great on this new map.

Edit: TLDR stolen from reddit:

- committing to a major content delivery cycle every two months
    - upgrade the game’s aesthetic side
    - 4x4km island map on our Experimental Test Server
    - Emote System
    - new and interesting Game Modes
    - new vehicles
    - new weapon attachments
    - new 7.62 rifle
    - a new 8x8km map
    - Achievements
    - in-game friends list
    - squad voice chat in the main menu
    - further character customisation
    - parachute and weapon skins
    - limb and vehicle bullet penetration
    - overhauling our entire TPP and FPP animation systems
    - overhaul for the parachuting system
    - improve our armed and unarmed melee combat
    - general improvements to Stability, Optimization, Security
    - increase the detail of vehicle sounds
    - improved surface sounds for different weather conditions (including rain)
    - differing gun sounds based on perspective (FPP/TPP)
    - change the sound that the player produces while moving
    - introduce different breathing sounds
    - improvements to the Esports scene
    - Custom Game System
    - PUBG Developer Portal
    - PUBG Developer API

Maps seem cool.

I don't think I've ever cared for emotes. In fact I'd prefer to be without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

All of that begs the question: what the fúck have we been playing so far? That 'roadmap' sounds more like a development plan for making a game. And, most of all, plenty of this wouldn't have been required if they had built the game themselves in the first place, instead of using pre-built assets.

My thoughts:

1 - Smaller map is to target Fortnite players.
    2 - Revenue streams (parachute and weapon skins) will be given priority.
    3 - Emotes? Who the fúck asked for that? Fix the damn game first, I still have to reload the lobby UI from time to time - a bug which has existed since last year!
    4 - Half of this stuff won't see the light of day as soon as the big publishers announce their Battle Royale games at E3. Proper developers looking to make games that aren't broken.

In short: this isn't a roadmap, its the path to go from beta (the game's current state) to a respectable release, but it will be mired by emphasis on more money making schemes than actual content for players until they lose interest or market share.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yawn. It's a roadmap. A roadmap plots improvements and future plans.

The game is 30 euro. I'm sure you've got your value out of it at this stage regardless. Give up with the constant negativity.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yawn. It's a roadmap. A roadmap plots improvements and future plans.

The game is 30 euro. I'm sure you've got your value out of it at this stage regardless. Give up with the constant negativity.

Yawn. Don't worry, a 'Yawn' emote will be available in the next lootbox for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like plenty of content on the way, thought we'd only be getting one more map before they start charging for DLC. Great value for money considering it only cost 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Like the look of whats to come. Game is starting to get there performance wise it must be said. New map looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah be nice to have 2 new maps coming. I'd much prefer they rolled out new maps rather than the easy route with lootboxes and emotes.
    I'd quite happily hand over €100 for 5 or 6 maps considering how much gameplay I've gotten out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last game 2 weeks ago head shotted on Erangel by a guy with an SKS on the starter island, down to maybe 20 left. I was on Yasnaya police station.

Left it for a while waited for the patch.......

Played tonight into the last 8 in duos, lad on 10 health instantly goes to 100 with full stamina etc head shots me and partner in a beautiful pirouette of m416ness, we had the drop on him and his partner. Instantly turned and killed both in one mag on single fire.

So Hunt Showdown is pretty good, Vermintine 2 also out today.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Last game 2 weeks ago head shotted on Erangel by a guy with an SKS on the starter island, down to maybe 20 left. I was on Yasnaya police station.

Left it for a while waited for the patch.......

Played tonight into the last 8 in duos, lad on 10 health instantly goes to 100 with full stamina etc head shots me and partner in a beautiful pirouette of m416ness, we had the drop on him and his partner. Instantly turned and killed both in one mag on single fire.

So Hunt Showdown is pretty good, Vermintine 2 also out today.

Check out Escape from Tarkov. Smaller scale, but you still get those adrenaline hits trying to make it out alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Falthyron wrote: »
    Check out Escape from Tarkov. Smaller scale, but you still get those adrenaline hits trying to make it out alive.

Nah the boy is on that the last year or so in EA. I will wait for a full game before I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I wish they'd change grenades. Was down to the last 10 last night, had a grenade land near me, moved away from it and took a little damage from the blast and then died from "falling" due to the blast slightly moving me

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Falthyron wrote: »

EFT is so much bigger.. It has quests and soft skills you level up.. I wouldn't even compare it to pubg.. The fights are even more intense. Its planned to be open world from what I've heard, so all the small maps will be rolled into one. But even if that isn't the case the maps are all well designed and have lots of choke points for great fights.

Im a huge pubg fan but I wouldnt put it in the same category as EFT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Onymlifestyle

Owners are doing great job as it looks! I still don`t have PUBG but as I am looking it at youtube it is a big diference now and before 1-2 months..

althou there are still glitches and I hate that and it is not PC performance it is a game itself.. :(

Still fun of CSGO honestly but think cheaters in csgo are killing game..and soon pubg will be #1 game if it is not already tho.

PUBG surpassed CSGO a long time ago my friend :)
    Get it..best €30 you'll ever spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

14gbp on cdkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The new patch has made the game really stuttery for me. They were going well, but it seems to be anti cheat related. Some people can't launch the game properly, I can, and my fps seems the same, but the game seems more jerky.

Blazer wrote: »
    PUBG surpassed CSGO a long time ago my friend :)
    Get it..best €30 you'll ever spend.

hmm.. yea that is what loads of people say..

Thanks for your comment!

Lukker- wrote: »
    The new patch has made the game really stuttery for me. They were going well, but it seems to be anti cheat related. Some people can't launch the game properly, I can, and my fps seems the same, but the game seems more jerky.

playing with a buddy on team and he has the same issue.
    Both of us have near identical systems from what he says and he has the issue and I don't.
    Definitely not AV related as he doesn't run AV on his gaming pc, same goes for myself.
    Both of us have i7s and he has a 1080ti and I have a 1080gtx.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/972729991724240896

They've heard the massive amount of complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I m all for more effective anti cheat. But I’ve an i7 and 980 to, it must run like hot garbage on some entry level rigs. Needs to be a balance, hopefully they can fix the issue and it comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Has anyone else found PUBG becoming even more of a cesspit of racism over the last few months? I was playing last night and just finding it very hard to summon any enthusiasm to play, particularly to actually speak to my random teammates on mic. Just so often now these days you'll get a torrent of racial abuse.

It definitely wasn't always this bad! Beforehand you'd jump on a random game and 99% of the time (I found) everyone was up for chatting on mic and actually working together. Now I find if there happens to be a single Chinese player on my squad, it's almost guaranteed there will be at least one racist mouthing off saying "china number one" or with a ridiculous accent "china numbah wan" etc.

Plus tonight I was called an "Irish B@stard" by some South African guy, who then went on to start making comments to the one Chinese guy on the squad in a ridiculous Chinese accent. This was all before anyone said anything much at all. Of course this guy was just laughing to himself and some friend in the background like his "jokes" were really hilarious.

Before anyone suggests it, I do know how to mute. But that isn't really the point of squad play - which can be brilliant fun even with random people. Just so happens the racism is just really getting me down lately, I'd rather fire up some other game than listen to all that crap. It would make any sane person lose faith in humanity.

Althou I am not playing PUBG I have experienced that on every single multiplayer game where you dont play with your friends..it is really sad but it is true. I have told above on comments that I have played CSGO but since I could not find a normal teammates and it was always same like your comment bellow I have said to myself to stop playing multiplayer altho it is a great game..well looking like great game tho as I have not played it just yet! Is there any way to report your teammate that is racist and etc in pubg??

Has anyone else found PUBG becoming even more of a cesspit of racism over the last few months? I was playing last night and just finding it very hard to summon any enthusiasm to play, particularly to actually speak to my random teammates on mic. Just so often now these days you'll get a torrent of racial abuse.

It definitely wasn't always this bad! Beforehand you'd jump on a random game and 99% of the time (I found) everyone was up for chatting on mic and actually working together. Now I find if there happens to be a single Chinese player on my squad, it's almost guaranteed there will be at least one racist mouthing off saying "china number one" or with a ridiculous accent "china numbah wan" etc.

Plus tonight I was called an "Irish B@stard" by some South African guy, who then went on to start making comments to the one Chinese guy on the squad in a ridiculous Chinese accent. This was all before anyone said anything much at all. Of course this guy was just laughing to himself and some friend in the background like his "jokes" were really hilarious.

Before anyone suggests it, I do know how to mute. But that isn't really the point of squad play - which can be brilliant fun even with random people. Just so happens the racism is just really getting me down lately, I'd rather fire up some other game than listen to all that crap. It would make any sane person lose faith in humanity.

Update out this evening.
    Emotes...pftt...and some optimisation on input lag and on buildings on Eragel.
    A hefty 9.1gb update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tempted to pick this up after a friend in work raved about it. Pretty cheap on the pc as well, so might give it a go over the long weekend.

We have an active discord if your playing on PC. We're racist only on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Absolutely loved this game, but havent played it in ages as Fortnite took over.

Hopped back on for one game last night and ended up winning a duo, its a lot more tactical than Fortnite and its something ive missed a lot! Will definitely be getting back into it properly.

I tried fortnite but simply don't like the building

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

That patch is out now .

Is there any discord or TS with any of the, shall we say, older generation ......preferably people of the same skill level ie: less than or equal to decidedly average .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    That patch is out now .

Is there any discord or TS with any of the, shall we say, older generation ......preferably people of the same skill level ie: less than or equal to decidedly average .

We have a mixed bunch on here: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

There's games most nights

Some of the lads have kids so make what you will from that :pac:

Advertisement