Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

Achievements could be a bit of craic

https://i.imgur.com/oL15v6D.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Some of the lads have kids so make what you will from that :pac:

My kids are old enough to have kids , so make what you will from that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Played one game of the new patch. Felt smooth. I like the new scope reticles. The 8x is clean AF now. The 2x is actually usable. The 4x 5.56 is clearer. Sound is better too. Less ambient. (so less phantom footsteps) Plane sound is much better too, and the mixing sounds more reasonable now (ie I can hear teammates when the plane is overhead)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Onymlifestyle

Nice! I have decided to buy it today! Hard to play at first but second game I was in last 10 left so.. happy! Still loads to learn but to be fair to myself I have only played 1h in total! After how many hours you notice change in your play? Do you play at begging with begginers or? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nice! I have decided to buy it today! Hard to play at first but second game I was in last 10 left so.. happy! Still loads to learn but to be fair to myself I have only played 1h in total! After how many hours you notice change in your play? Do you play at begging with begginers or? Thanks guys

do solo for a bit to get used to the mechanics of it and then try duo/squad/..join up on the boards discord to meet players from here
    someone can post the link

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    do solo for a bit to get used to the mechanics of it and then try duo/squad/..join up on the boards discord to meet players from here
    someone can post the link

Yea I am trying to get best at solo first.. but get myself as looking at guns on floor for like 30-40sec and picking up everything ahhahaha it is funny how strange it is at beginning! Thanks for your comment and looking forward for link!

Some testing mods like in csgo is MUST would be nice add on for this game!

Yea I am trying to get best at solo first.. but get myself as looking at guns on floor for like 30-40sec and picking up everything ahhahaha it is funny how strange it is at beginning! Thanks for your comment and looking forward for link!

Some testing mods like in csgo is MUST would be nice add on for this game!

Land in busy areas. You’ll get better at looting. Use tab to inventory and drag and drop when there is a few things to pick up, much quicker/more reliable.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Land in busy areas. You’ll get better at looting. Use tab to inventory and drag and drop when there is a few things to pick up, much quicker/more reliable.

Thanks for this advice lukker! Today in my 2 "matches" I have tried in empty areas but this is a advice that I will try for sure! Also thanks for tab info :)

btw at beggining do you play with begginers or everyone? Is there matchmaking involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Definitely land in busy areas, itll get u used to 'panic looting' and I think getting into fights early game is key to becoming a better player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

School and Hacienda are by far the best places to go for improving. Keep going till you get out in one piece.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    School and Hacienda are by far the best places to go for improving. Keep going ti you get out in one piece.

If you find school too much, land at apartments beside it and your still guaranteed to get into an early fight, maybe just not as congested as school, but can make your way to there.

Pecado is slower than Hacienda too. It's closer to how you would fight throughout the game.

So fights as begginer is recomended :) OK well.. I will try my best! Thanks for info guys

So fights as begginer is recomended :) OK well.. I will try my best! Thanks for info guys

It's daunting at first! But you'll get proficient quickly. I'd also recommend watching some twitch streams to see what the top guys do, to fill in any gaps you might miss.

I also second landing at Pecado, it's not as Hellter Skellter, you will be able to loot well enough but still challenge guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Are you on pc? Happy to have a few games if you are. I've 1000+ hours but would still consider myself pretty terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FB4FD47060D9D225CBD0785A5186648DC68F1AA2

All 3 of us left alive too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »

All 3 of us left alive too :)

Ha ! , I saw you online and I was going to invite you but I said to the lads that you would only get to see how bad we actually were ............ we went on to win that game with all 3 of us alive too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

We have an active discord if your playing on PC. We're racist only on the weekends.

Thanks for the invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PUBG on play store now for anyone interested ðŸ˜

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.ig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you want a quick hit game try the 2D browser version surviv.io

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    PUBG on play store now for anyone interested ðŸ˜

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.ig

Ive sideloaded it this morning because it wasnt out yet, but were u able to download through the Irish store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Damo 2k9 wrote:
    Ive sideloaded it this morning because it wasnt out yet, but were u able to download through the Irish store?

Yeah I can download it no problem through that link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ha,it runs better on my phone than it does on an Xbox:P

Surprised at how good it feels even with the wonky on screen controls. Had a duo earlier with a work colleague,worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

RtRFTgw.jpg

Not bad for my first game. Runs much better than I thought it would. Did spend a minute or so trying to find a very elusive shooter, turns out it was me accidentally hitting the shoot button every so often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Squaredude wrote: »
    RtRFTgw.jpg

Not bad for my first game. Runs much better than I thought it would. Did spend a minute or so trying to find a very elusive shooter, turns out it was me accidentally hitting the shoot button every so often :D

First few games on mobile are vs bots aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

quad_red wrote: »
    First few games on mobile are vs bots aren't they?

A mix of bots and players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What's this like I'm Xbox? Do you need to Xbox x or would an s do? Playing on mobile and doing better than fortnite on ps4

CptMackey wrote: »
    What's this like I'm Xbox? Do you need to Xbox x or would an s do? Playing on mobile and doing better than fortnite on ps4

From reports I've heard the performance is dreadful on anything that isn't an Xbox One X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Nice one. Bro has a launch Xbox so will see what it's like on that. Not splashing out on a Xbox x for pubg. ( yet anyway) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The most recent Xbox patch has improved things a good bit. Not perfect by any stretch of the the imagination, but they're definitely working on it, and definitely improving it.

They're pretty good at patching it too, so far the patches have been coming in once every three weeks or so.

Advertisement