Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Only played about 10 hours so far, enjoying it so far but the amount of cheating going on is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Only played about 10 hours so far, enjoying it so far but the amount of cheating going on is unbelievable.

On xbox?

What sort of cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Have to say I'm absolutely loving the 8 man squad mode, great banter most matches and gotten a handful dinners too. Hopefully it'll be made a permanent mode in the future.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems you can only go in as a 4-man and get matchmade?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah would be stupid to let players make 8 man squads due to the work involved in the main UI when its only a limited time event.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems you can only go in as a 4-man and get matchmade?

Ya seems to be that way.

Can understand them not wanting to leave it there as it would encourage bigger teams but hell it happens in all BR games. ARMA BR was the biggest culprit for it tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone tried the mobile game via an emulator on PC?

It runs so damn well... even on min settings.

Tencent did a better job on optimization than Bluehole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Every time I've gone into the 8 man squad it's been mostly full of Chinese lads who are either **** or cheating to ****. The first one I went in with 3 mates and we won which was great, we had 1 lad I suspected of cheating however, couldn't prove it and we had to carry the other 3 all the while listening to crap on the comms. It's a good laugh but laggy as **** which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ya i'm not sure hacking is a thing on xbox. if it does it would need a LOT of effort.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Codes going out for the beta of the new map: http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1652133167143846555

Got one straight way, doesn't go live until 3am

• Advertisement

Fecking website is crashing on me, I hope to god I get a key! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got one immediately..sweet :)

then realised we're on a 2 day family trip until Thursday..so not so sweet :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would love to try new map but servers are getting hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Anyone have a spare code?

I was travelling yesterday and missed the application. They're not giving any new ones for awhile now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Wasn't easy to get second codes. You had to link your steam account to get one. Can't imagine you'll find many floating around

Very chaotic with only solo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I'm liking it so far. Has a DayZ/Arma feel to the map. Also liking that you can now spectate the person who killed you

New map is utter madness, dunno if I am fan need to play it more.

60 dead before the 1st circle started, M416s everywhere.

No clothes spawn, can spectate killer for the rest of the round, dynamic weather and you can outrun the zone. Some obvious texture work to be done along with bug fixing (trees in the middle of the road reminds me of Arma2/3)

Its definitely made for fast paced games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Couldn't get a game last night as servers were getting hammered. Is it easier to get into a game now?

No issues an hour ago.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No issues an hour ago.

Great. Food can wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Chinese hackers have killed this game. In the last few weeks my squad dies to hackers in at least 75% of the games. Whether it's no recoil scripting, wall hacks or aim hacks or a combination of all of them they are there every game.

They didn't go far enough with the region lock. Ban all Asian ip's off of EU and NA already please and start insta banning as soon as a cheat is detected, not give them several weeks or even days before the ban wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Am I the only one who hasn’t encountered hackers? Or even Chinese people. I play FFP only maybe that mitigates things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Lukker- wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hasn’t encountered hackers? Or even Chinese people. I play FFP only maybe that mitigates things

I've seen very little of it as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Lukker- wrote: »

Yeah, same as. I've met a handful but not a huge amount. I also only play FFP.

I think part of it is the replay system. When people watch back their death and see the cross hair nowhere near them, they just assume its hacking, when its just a **** replay system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

It's been a while since I've encountered any hackers in tpp or fpp to the best of my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dear Playerunknown, fix your dogshit servers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Hackers are all over the place, easily in 60%+ of games over last week. Unfortunately if you get a decent rank, was in top 700 EU Players on Thur evening, you will encounter them more.

They really do need to get this sorted, you cant invest 20+mins to a game to have your squad taken out in literally 2 secs by a hacker.

Squads live on the test server now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've over 1k hours. It's not 60% of games. It's below 5% for sure. You're looking at the replay system, it's a mess. It doesn't show the true picture or the game.

Also, the whole being higher ranked thing is bollocks, they have no matchmaking system in place, im fairly high ranked and come up against people who look like they've never played before. It's pure bull****.

Advertisement