Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

Nah I think there is matchmaking. If I play with friends who barely play the game, its noticeably easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's hardly paired on the lowest player, that wouldn't make any sense.

It's be almost impossible to do it based on all players, and going by the fact they can't even fix simple glitches in buildings I highly doubt they've created a working matchmaking based on skill levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

There is matchmaking, no doubt about that. And the higher you get the more hackers you encounter. If you are not encountering this then you are playing a different game I think.

And lol at the replay system comment, you for real? We generally can call a hacker based on the kill feed early in a game, then a few mins later we encounter them. Over 1.3k hrs for the record.

There is hackers, no doubt about it. But 60% of games? Some people are just in a different league in these games. Look at shroud, aculite etc. They have people calling hacks on them all the time, when truth is they're just far superior to them.

OK maybe not as high as that, but we did encounter hackers 3 games in a row the other night. The thing is the game design means there can be no hackers, zero, or it simply doesn't work. I get it that you'll always have guys using mouse macros, that's a given, but there are guys warping around maps, tracking you through buildings, and aimbotting.

I have found that generally these guys are getting banned very quickly, its easy to check on the pubg stats sites as the player will be removed within a day or two of us reporting them, but you've lost 20 30 mins of work etc.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's hardly paired on the lowest player, that wouldn't make any sense.

It's be almost impossible to do it based on all players, and going by the fact they can't even fix simple glitches in buildings I highly doubt they've created a working matchmaking based on skill levels.

I'd imagine its an average of all skills.

They seem to have different ELO for each region too. That's why switching region seems so easy at first.

I'd imagine its an average of all skills.

They seem to have different ELO for each region too. That's why switching region seems so easy at first.

Yes found this to be true, after a good run of games we find, for a bunch of oul fellas, that we find matches tougher and tougher, if we switch to NA or AS for the loll's we get tonnes of kills.

Repost of some cheaters I came across a few months ago

chinesename1234

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

w0gwa8nogsp01.gif

I would laugh then quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I must be very fortunate, I've well over 700 hours on this game and hardly have ever encountered hackers. Aimbots mainly but I could only count on one hand the amount I've ran into.

• Advertisement

Another given for hackers is their gear, generally they will be full level 3 gear, with silenced AR and silenced Sniper, and that would be the whole squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TheFairy wrote: »
    Another given for hackers is their gear, generally they will be full level 3 gear, with silenced AR and silenced Sniper, and that would be the whole squad.

Most prevalent for me is the lad with an SKS no scope standing on the other side of the map getting 10 head shots in the kill feed without moving.

Like this guy from yesterday?

He tracked me through the buildings, then Juw tried to take him down from the hill more as a pisstake, watch what he turns and does with a no scoped SKS.

https://plays.tv/s/LgJEuJy3e1pI

whats your play style fairy? go for fights or go for way out and get to the end?
    Interesting to see how you get such a high rank.

I personally just go Hacienda or Apartments depending on the map, but wouldnt consider that a good way to get a high rank.
    Can be decent for kills alright.

Always go away from the trouble and gear up then head back in. Too old for the hot drops these days lol. Its nice to get the high kill rounds, but winning is more important, and for me its about staying low and out of the way for as long as possible. The randomness of the game always throws up those ftw moments, players where you dont expect them, or ambushes etc.

Yeah around Christmas we have most of the squad, 5 or 6 players into the top 1000 EU players on squads, granted its in TPP, though we've had a good few wins in FPP, but I cant get them converted I'm afraid.

yea i guessed that alright. anyone who is anywhere near the top tends to play like that.

i dont see the enjoyment in looting up for 30 minutes only to be shot in the back or head with a Kar98. I prefer to be doing the shooting, i find my own play style of being the attacker much easier than trying to kill someone who is attacking me.
    im ****e on the defensive role.

I was TPP at the start, went to FPP now this month im back on TPP. Its ridiculous how easy TPP is tbh.

Nah we still get plenty of gun play, the idea is to be the last alive, thats how we play it.

Nah that's just the end goal. No point being last alive in a gun game if you don't get to shoot the guns.

Stats mean nothing in a game like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd say different people play it differently, I play it as a survival game and for me that's the objective..... survive as long as possible .

Ah yea completely understand that logic. The gameplay isn't good enough for me to want to play 30 minutes of running around to play like that. It really is that type of game that it's whatever you make of it, so many different strategies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I thought they fixed foilage so it works at long distance? or did they undo all of that?

I was running for final circle through a field, bullets whizzing by my head, i go prone in a bush/long grass (well hidden) crawl for a good bit and i repeatedly get shot and die.

So i check death cam and this guys scope is on me the whole time running and on his screen i just stop and go prone and no long grass or bush visible from his view and he just kills me easily? looked like i went prone in the middle of the road :confused:

What's yer in game name Rossie, interested to see your stats. Also don't agree, the point of the game is to "win", its not TDM. Yes you can play it like that and still win, but take the guys who play in the tournaments, its all about gearing up and staying out of the fights until you absolutely have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ah yea completely understand that logic. The gameplay isn't good enough for me to want to play 30 minutes of running around to play like that. It really is that type of game that it's whatever you make of it, so many different strategies.

Agreed, wins are not worth the snoozefest required to get them. Drop me in, give me 6 plus kills and I'll die happy in the first 5 or 10 minutes.

nix wrote: »
    I thought they fixed foilage so it works at long distance? or did they undo all of that?

I was running for final circle through a field, bullets whizzing by my head, i go prone in a bush/long grass (well hidden) crawl for a good bit and i repeatedly get shot and die.

So i check death cam and this guys scope is on me the whole time running and on his screen i just stop and go prone and no long grass or bush visible from his view and he just kills me easily? looked like i went prone in the middle of the road :confused:

At long distance, the long grass isn't present. Best not to trust it. Bushes are fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Grass doesn't render 150m away from a players vision

Grass doesn't render 150m away from a players vision

Depending on settings, though most if not all have this down to as low as possible as its not baked into the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheFairy wrote: »
    Depending on settings, though most if not all have this down to as low as possible as its not baked into the game.

It's the same for all settings I think, they changed it ages ago to stop people having an advantage on low settings.

Its a bit lame, they should just have the player turn invisible then to at that range if he prones into long grass :(

nix wrote: »
    Its a bit lame, they should just have the player turn invisible then to at that range if he prones into long grass :(

Or maybe a flat texture about a foot off the ground

• Advertisement

Or maybe a flat texture about a foot off the ground

Haha anything that doesnt have me going prone in the middle of empty flat ground and dying like an idiot :pac:

Advertisement