Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Judge when to go prone and use cover like this by the size of the circle. If the circle is still very big then you have a lot of potential to be seen from a distance. When its down to the last 2 or 3 circles then you can go prone fairly safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

My in-game name is pureglider. My stats are pretty meh tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

nix wrote: »
    Its a bit lame, they should just have the player turn invisible then to at that range if he prones into long grass :(

Thats the way to do it. Other games have done it successfully.

the proning people in long grass is the problem with this game tbh.

I hate having to check every bush come end game. Its ridiculous losing to someone who has hid all game only to shoot twice in the end zone and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Why though?

Is the challenge of the game not to be able to overcome 99 other playstyles?

Dont think you can really say theres a wrong and right way to play

• Advertisement

Never said it was the wrong way to play. It's the worst way to play though. ;)

As a player, you learn nothing doing it. Going in and attacking, you learn every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

But theres people here getting wins that way,is that not the ultimate aim,whats to learn if there last alive?

Each to there own though,i find the game pretty tough. Havent played anywhere near enough of it yet.

When i do play i might go either way,drop into a high population area one game,somewhere remote the next. No particular style

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

RossieMan wrote: »
    ... Going in and attacking, you learn every game.

Don't agree with you on this. Yes you might learn choke points in some locations etc, but with the RNG in the game the most crucial part is to play the circle and get your position right.

There is no right or wrong way to play, that's down to you, the right way will result in multiple chicken dinners, and generally, unless you are Shroud, that's stay away, gear up and then play the circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Going in and attacking, you learn every game.

You'll also be spending a large amount of time on the starter island twiddling your thumbs cos you'll die so much.

I've 124 wins from 1908 games or so according to stattracker.

Some of those games I took the absolute piss, jumping for school, hacineda, pecado. So saying maybe 300 games or more were infant deaths, the stats are fairly good for an attacking approach. My K/d is exactly 2.0. I'll take a 6-7% win ratio with kills. Highest kills in a game is a solo in squads way back in season 2 with 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The great thing about pubg is everyone can play it exactly how they like in solo mode. Duo/Squads tend to be different as people conform to the squad leader's style of play.
    But its the beauty of it. You want to camp in a house for the entire game? belt away and pray the circle goes your way.
    No matter your style of play in the game its all yours and no one else can say its wrong or right. Everyone is different which is why every game is different and this is reason it was a best seller in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, it's the randomness that I like about it. Anything can happen and every game is different. I never really jump into hot spots as my shooting skills have always been utter garbage. Very rare I win a 50:50 gun fight. However the game is such that even someone as cack handed as me can get a chicken dinner or two.... well I only have two and they were before the game went official :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

the proning people in long grass is the problem with this game tbh.

I hate having to check every bush come end game. Its ridiculous losing to someone who has hid all game only to shoot twice in the end zone and win.

You're playing the wrong game if this is a hang up for you :rolleyes:

Using the environment to your advantage is what the games all about, is hiding behind a rock or tree for cover wrong? Is using a hill to get the high ground advantage wrong? Didnt think so

But using a bush or grass for cover is? :rolleyes:

That's not what I said. The goal of going into the field and probing and hoping for people not to see is what I don't like. When it's tacitally on I think it's fine. This crawling towards the zone maracky.

Look, it's only my opinion, I don't like it as part of the game. It's one of the things I die to, I prefer dying to a skilled player who can actually shoot their way to a win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If there's no cover and you are in a field, if you aren't crawling you're pretty stupid.

I would actually love to see everyone's stats, maybe I'm playing the game completely wrong.

I would actually love to see everyone's stats, maybe I'm playing the game completely wrong.

Spoiler: You're doing better than me.

Mine are embarrassing!

That's not what I said. The goal of going into the field and probing and hoping for people not to see is what I don't like. When it's tacitally on I think it's fine. This crawling towards the zone maracky.

Give me an example of it being tactically done and an example of it not being tactically done.

And then tell me how you're able to tell if a person has been doing it the whole map or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Prone people are pretty easy to spot(without a ghile). In a choice between being a static target trying to hit a moving one, vs being a moving target trying to hit a static one, I've moved heavily towards the latter. Depends on the circumstances though, there are times where you can get great kills prone in a bush or pile of rocks, especially when its close to the end and the circles tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Generally speaking, you should never stop moving in this game. When shooting at someone, you should be doing very slight pauses just for your aim, fire, and then back to moving again. Personally, I only ever use prone when I know I am safe (in a building, for example) to heal. Even when it comes down to the final two circles, I much prefer to be on my feet, using cover, moving and trying to spot the last person/team, instead of lying prone.

It all comes down to context and play-style. I would have a more passive-to-aggressive play-style. I prefer to keep active, ready to react, or go on the aggressive. I find it is less likely to invite being boxed in or on the defensive. As much as the game titles itself as a military sim, the draw distance issues with textures denies it from having that title. You should be able to prone as much as you want knowing the grass, etc., is covering you, but the game is badly put together graphically, and it simply can't handle rendering that detail beyond 200m or so. As for context, some would prefer to wait out the enemy in the final circles and that is viable, particularly if you are outnumbered, but only if you are on level ground. Any height advantage your opponent might have will work against you because it is easy to spot prone players from even 5-10m elevation.

In short, my advice is to only ever prone when you are certain you can't be seen (on a roof behind a wall, in a building, or when you know where the enemy is and you need to heal). This is more a failing on the game's part than any player as you should be able to prone in long grass 1000m away.

• Advertisement

see there is a guy who can win an argument, some great points which i don't think i could have made. But i agree with everything hes said. So much easier to shoot someone standing/lying still than someone running or moving slightly.

see there is a guy who can win an argument, some great points which i don't think i could have made. But i agree with everything hes said. So much easier to shoot someone standing/lying still than someone running or moving slightly.

You should see them on xbox..its hilarious...I was in a mushroom tower in one game and I had about 6 guys all prone outside it trying to take each other out..frikkin hilarious.

So much easier to shoot someone standing/lying still than someone running or moving slightly.

At no point did anybody say a moving target is easier to hit than a still one, and nothing Falthyron said has supported the waffle you have been spouting :rolleyes:

I agree with Falthyron and it doesnt counter anything we have been saying about going prone in grass/a bush.

nix wrote: »
    At no point did anybody say a moving target is easier to hit than a still one, and nothing Falthyron said has supported the waffle you have been spouting :rolleyes:

I agree with Falthyron and it doesnt counter anything we have been saying about going prone in grass/a bush.

Are you running around the bush? or crawling maybe in your case?

bushes are not cover in this game, as has been stated they don't always render in for all players.

I simply stated that any decent player who can shoot would not use the tactic of hiding in a bush waiting for players to run by and kill them.

some people are not decent players, i get that, but hiding in the bush is not going to make your shooting improve or help you understand the recoil of the gun.

Yea, you'll get a lot of top 10 finishes, but from experience going into the last zones without having been in a battle is a negative for me, it takes awhile to get your senses in i find.

Are you running around the bush? or crawling maybe in your case?

bushes are not cover in this game, as has been stated they don't always render in for all players.

I simply stated that any decent player who can shoot would not use the tactic of hiding in a bush waiting for players to run by and kill them.

some people are not decent players, i get that, but hiding in the bush is not going to make your shooting improve or help you understand the recoil of the gun.

Yea, you'll get a lot of top 10 finishes, but from experience going into the last zones without having been in a battle is a negative for me, it takes awhile to get your senses in i find.

I'll sit in a bush or long grass if i have no other choice, obviously ill favour a rock or a tree over a sole bush. You were complaining earlier about being killed by people from grass/bush cover, saying its a problem with the game, when it is actually perfectly fine, and tbh, more ballzy than someone behind a tree/rock ;)

exact same. its people who solely aim for the bush tactic though, and they do.

i've no issue dying to someone better than me, or who played the zone better. But getting shot in the back without a chance to respond is highly annoying.

Care to post up your profile? ;)

What site do the kids use these days for stats?

I have only started back playing, stopped playing last Aug/September i think due to the abundance of hackers, and then i lost my internet in October and only got it back recently (moved house).

I play duo's mainly with a friend who doesnt play the desert maps (he has deleted it infact) so constantly leaving and rejoining games may have fecked up my recent stats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'm not sure if PUBG Tracker is all that accurate. According to my life time stats I have only won 36 matches, and I know the number is significantly higher than that. Or is there some other site I should check?

exact same. its people who solely aim for the bush tactic though, and they do.

i've no issue dying to someone better than me, or who played the zone better. But getting shot in the back without a chance to respond is highly annoying.

Care to post up your profile? ;)

It might be annoying but its a valid tactic in this game.
    Here are two vidoes...one is where I had ran past a house near the end and heading to the circle..I know there was at least 1 person in the house so I ran on and waited for them and took them both out while prone. It's a valid and smart tactic that allowed me to take out two enemy and win the game a few mins later.
    The 2nd video is where I was hiding behind trees and using them for cover while taking out other enemies, using smoke for cover etc.
    Both are viable tactics and its not for anyone to say one is better than the other because they don't agree with one opinion or the other.

• Advertisement

I think it's pretty accurate I'm afraid. Don't think there is a better site for stats currently.

Advertisement