Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

RossieMan wrote: »
    I think it's pretty accurate I'm afraid. Don't think there is a better site for stats currently.

Hmmm, well considering I just received the achievement for 1000 kills and achievements were only released 2-3 weeks ago, iirc, I don't think I have accumulated a mere total of 1506 kills since last June... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah its a load of shit, i can only choose from 2018 season :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Falthyron wrote: »
    Hmmm, well considering I just received the achievement for 1000 kills and achievements were only released 2-3 weeks ago, iirc, I don't think I have accumulated a mere total of 1506 kills since last June... :p

The achievements are glitched, a kill counts for two towards them (in solo at least). Stats have been reset a few times too though so it's probably only showing the last few seasons I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No it shows from season 2.
    Mine works fine from them til now. Might be glitches for some people. Also I think that kill achievement backdated somehow as I got it instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Says I have only played in early access with no wins ever :confused:

I have wins :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Same here. No wins in the last while according to the site, 5 wins overall on the lifetime and it's all wrong. I have more than 30 wins since starting to play the game and I mostly play with squads.

Also it has my Facebook profile picture on my name but I only use facebook sparingly to chat with family in Oz and not for anything else really. Never used it as a login to any other service at all so wondering how it's linked to the site tracker. Nickname in Pubg is different to any other nickname in any other game I've ever played as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Think its linked to your steam pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its your steam pic if you signed into the site with Steam, there may be a facebook login dunno tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The website says I only have 1 win. 30 would be my conservative estimate (probably a good deal more tbh, I've won a good few squad games, when I played regularly I'd win 2 or 3 a night)

I wonder if you had to register/login on the site to have it recording your stats since Early Access? I'm not registered on PUBG Tracker, I just visit the site occasionally to look up suspected hackers.

• Advertisement

Hackers everywhere this morning, they are back in force. This guy just killed us with an aimbot in his first ever game, 34 kills he got.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/wtsnb100000?server=na

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

TheFairy wrote: »
    Hackers everywhere this morning, they are back in force. This guy just killed us with an aimbot in his first ever game, 34 kills he got.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/wtsnb100000?server=na

What, in the name of god, was the point in that ? I'll never understand it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah me and a mate won two in a row last night, we went for the third and we got killed by a blatant wall hacker.

We landed in Novo and this guy bee lines through containers directly to my mate and kills him, he then immediately turns and bee lines for me, i know his position and hear him coming as hes running, as i go to peek out and unload an uzi he prefires the container and rinses me just as i come out, ****ing horrible shit. :mad:

Remove the fecking crates etc and they dont really have a reason then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Remove the fecking crates etc and they dont really have a reason then!

just remove them from marketplace and its sorted. Easy fix for the greedy arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The people saying they don't encounter hackers are either low rated or they don't know what the hacks are or how to spot them.

There's a long list of hacks for pubg. While there's obvious ones like flying hacks, speed hacks and aim hacks that are easy to spot and are rare to see.

The common map hacks showing the position of all players on a map or on screen which can be used on a second screen or a phone/tablet and the common no recoil scripting are harder to spot but easier when you know what to look for and are far more common at higher ratings as these guys are doing it all the time. The no recoil scripting is not even detectable if the scripts are stored on the mouse.

There's plenty of streamers using these 2 as well.

Also checking the username of suspicious players, watching their replay and checking their stats on stat checking websites is usually a give away but again not always.

The hacking problem in this game is huge and over 90% of the hackers are Chinese. These are facts.

The simplest solution would be the ping region lock they are going to introduce but these may be bypassed by a VPN. I don't know.

This game has the worst hacking problem I have ever seen though. Party down to the developers allowing far too much crap on the client side which I guess was a way of reducing server traffic but at the cost of making the game easily hackable.

This game has made so much money that it should be fixed. The server tick rates are also atrocious but they don't care. The money is in the bank and there's no point hurting their bottom line atm by potentially doubling the cost of their servers to improve them.

The recoil and wall/aim hacks are a problem in all fps games that are hard to stop but it should not be possible to fly around the map including in vehicles while clipping through walls and the ground. This is simply either bad coding or coding to reduce server traffic to keep costs down.

It also takes weeks/months for these guys to get banned so they get good value out of their game + hack especially when it's very cheap in China to just keep buying more copies or they use them in net cafes.

Why are you playing on NA servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Who me? We play with some American guys we know sometimes in squads.

I should add the hacking problem is worse on NA than EU and worse in third person than first.

Play NA third person if you want to see masses of Chinese hackers.

No not you BB, the guy complaibing he was killed by the hacker. It was in NA servers.

TPP has sommany more hackers than FPP Ivd found. Got killed the other day by a mini 14 on auto from distance in TPP.

Play NA servers a bit, now and again, US players on EU servers quite a bit. Doesnt negate the hacker problem though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Hey guys, it makes sense with it being the steam profile pic I guess. I just had never registered or logged in to the pubg tracker site. The pic is correct but the stats are so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

When a small developer with limited resources makes a game and it blows up there’s always going to be problems. They never planned on having this many people playing the game. It’s not much of an excuse though. They’ve made a ton of cash and should be using it to try and fix the game.

True, but throwing money at dev team in a hurry wont work either, they'll build over time. If they could solve the hacker problem then I'll be happy.

True, but throwing money at dev team in a hurry wont work either, they'll build over time. If they could solve the hacker problem then I'll be happy.

Sure, but when problems that have existed since last summer are still there, despite making more than 700m, you have to wonder what the priority is here and wonder what the hell are they doing to fix the game?

Examples of bugs still there since last summer:

Bad_module error.
    'Servers are too busy' when trying to switch from FPP/TPP, or Solo/Duo/Squad.
    Invisible pixels that randomly fire your vehicle in all sorts of directions, usually leading to your death (especially if on a bike).
    Shooting the edges of trees/rocks/windows despite the aiming reticle clearly showing the target as intended - this is more of an engine/perspective problem because despite being in a FPP the game treats it as if you are still in TPP despite the actual change in camera position.
    Grenade 'guide' isn't accurate.
    Shotguns that are reloaded, but not actually reloaded (see S686).
    Firing from the hip lag.
    Randomly being thrown around in the parachute as you come in to land - though I suspect this has more to do with lag.

Most of these issues are small and can be fixed. Nothing wrong with hiring 20 excellent developers for 6-12 months contracts and giving them the task of combing through the game and engine tidying it up. They have the money to hire some of the best UE4 developers, but they won't. Why? Because they don't care enough. They would rather spend that money on litigation costs to sue people for putting a frying pan in the game, or a shrinking circle idea.

The sooner a proper developer and publisher creates a Battle Royale game directed towards military simulation the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Falthyron wrote: »
    Sure, but when problems that have existed since last summer are still there, despite making more than 700m, you have to wonder what the priority is here and wonder what the hell are they doing to fix the game?

Examples of bugs still there since last summer:

Bad_module error.
    'Servers are too busy' when trying to switch from FPP/TPP, or Solo/Duo/Squad.
    Invisible pixels that randomly fire your vehicle in all sorts of directions, usually leading to your death (especially if on a bike).
    Shooting the edges of trees/rocks/windows despite the aiming reticle clearly showing the target as intended - this is more of an engine/perspective problem because despite being in a FPP the game treats it as if you are still in TPP despite the actual change in camera position.
    Grenade 'guide' isn't accurate.
    Shotguns that are reloaded, but not actually reloaded (see S686).
    Firing from the hip lag.
    Randomly being thrown around in the parachute as you come in to land - though I suspect this has more to do with lag.

Most of these issues are small and can be fixed. Nothing wrong with hiring 20 excellent developers for 6-12 months contracts and giving them the task of combing through the game and engine tidying it up. They have the money to hire some of the best UE4 developers, but they won't. Why? Because they don't care enough. They would rather spend that money on litigation costs to sue people for putting a frying pan in the game, or a shrinking circle idea.

The sooner a proper developer and publisher creates a Battle Royale game directed towards military simulation the better.

I reckon the entire board of bluehole are just on one endless coke and hookers party.

The engine they really need is the frost engine from battlefield or a crytek engine I imagine.

Blazer wrote: »
    I reckon the entire board of bluehole are just on one endless coke and hookers party.

The engine they really need is the frost engine from battlefield or a crytek engine I imagine.

Haha, I am always saying to the lads on Discord about the entire team too drunk on Cristal Champagne that its any wonder they get anything done except for making more loot crates and crappy skins. No wonder Brendan Greene can't see the bugs, all those expensive sunglasses he buys make the world look better! :pac:

Perhaps UE4 can't handle such a large map size so a better engine would be needed. I have no doubt we will get some concept work by one of the big publishers/developers for a Battle Royale game at E3 in June. Will be interesting to see what professionals can do. With all of the controversies surrounding PUBG, it won't take much to push even the more hardened defenders of the game to something else that looks anyway competently made and less exploitative.

They've already said near the beginning that most of the problems will never be fixed because of the engine. It's about giving us the best possible experience with what they have.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They've already said near the beginning that most of the problems will never be fixed because of the engine. It's about giving us the best possible experience with what they have.

Considering so many other games (e.g. Fortnite) run on the same engine and yet don't experience the sort of shít we see in PUBG, I am calling bullshít on their excuses. Like how they blamed the Bad_Module error on a Windows update and yet I have not experienced this error with any other game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I read that the developers are suing because they think another game using a frying pan as a weapon is a blatant copyright infringement on PubG... You cannot make this stuff up! Goddamn how stupid are some of these developers :D

Advertisement