Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Note they have decided to roll back the circle changes, hopefully they can find an update that keeps everyone happy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didn't get a chance to play, what were the changes exactly? Was it more like on Savage where you can out run the circle most of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

TheFairy wrote: »
    Note they have decided to roll back the circle changes, hopefully they can find an update that keeps everyone happy.

The saw sense, thankfully. Now, BlueHole, get on with fixing the main problems with the game, please.

Falthyron wrote: »
    The saw sense, thankfully. Now, BlueHole, get on with fixing the main problems with the game, please.

What's wrong with the new changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I like the new circles, the mid game could get quite boring but it seems a little more lively now that we have to move sooner. The slower moving circles at the end allows you to take a fight while moving to the final circles rather than sprinting for your life because you're more afraid of the blue killing you than a player. They tried these circles settings a few months back on the test servers but they never pushed them to the live servers. I believe the changes to the circles comes from feedback from the pro/esports players as they use pretty much these settings in the tournaments that they play and have stated that these settings make for a much better game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

TheFairy wrote: »

I would fit into this bracket as well . I prefer the 'survivor' aspect to the 'run & gun' and I thought this patch favoured the latter . We played 3 games last night and the other two lads just quit after that .

I also need to do something about our squad , we usually end up playing in a 3 man squad so we are constantly a man down in most early game fire fights , add to that one of them constantly running off doing his own thing and the other chap firing off rounds at people he can't hit and giving away our position, it's enough to put me back on the fags . Pity the don't introduce trio's ( my daughter promises me this is a word/term ) . But thats for another day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Disappointed they rolled back the changes. I find it extremely f*cking boring mid game, where you are essentially just running for 15 minutes without seeing anyone. Looting is part of it, but it should not take up 80% of the game. I was having 2x as much engagements in the new update.

Honestly the game is probably doomed though, if they can't push a good patch like that without splitting the communuty. Maybe they can split the game into PVE/PVP like Fortnite so the looting simulator players are happy :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Disappointed they rolled back the changes. I find it extremely f*cking boring mid game, where you are essentially just running for 15 minutes without seeing anyone. Looting is part of it, but it should not take up 80% of the game. I was having 2x as much engagements in the new update.

Honestly the game is probably doomed though, if they can't push a good patch like that without splitting the communuty. Maybe they can split the game into PVE/PVP like Fortnite so the looting simulator players are happy :)

Or they could just run both modes? :confused:

I really don't get this idea about 'events'; two/three day affairs and never to return (so far). In truth, all that is changing is a bunch of script commands. BlueHole's post today about rolling back the blue zone changes and it not requiring downtime is evidence of this. Why can't they just leave all these games modes in the game? You just pick which mode you want to play. That would satisfy everyone.

I really don't get this idea about 'events'; two/three day affairs and never to return (so far). In truth, all that is changing is a bunch of script commands. BlueHole's post today about rolling back the blue zone changes and it not requiring downtime is evidence of this. Why can't they just leave all these games modes in the game? You just pick which mode you want to play. That would satisfy everyone.

That would be the best solution but Blueballs seem incapble or unwilling to split the community like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They are likely just testing the waters with these events, seeing whats popular and what works. Kinda necessary for them to do it seeing as they need 100 people per game to just get feedback on one game.
    That would be the best solution but Blueballs seem incapble or unwilling to split the community like that.

My guess is that they are afraid that que times for games will get longer if they split things, as they will be splitting the interest into different modes. Wait times would grow and people will get more bored with the game, or atleast that may be a worry for them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I wish they'd given the new circle settings more time rather than buckling immediately. A day isn't enough to give anything a fair chance. The update to the circles was one of the best updates in my opinion. If they're going to cave in and revert any changes some people don't like then this game is doomed

I would say with regards to the event modes they may be rotating through all the modes they've come up with and are gauging which are the most popular. They'll probably add some as permanent game modes in the future. But considering that we currently don't even have the option to select which map we play I don't see that happening anytime soon. I think they stated in the past that adding a map select will require them to double the amount of servers they're currently running.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

war mode is up and running...circle is way too small for 30 players though..needs to be double the size at least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It seems to me that this end of the market is wide open for some other massive developer with more resources and experience to come along and steal a huge chunk of pubg’s player base by making a BR game that doesn’t have all the problems pubg has. I think fortnite offers a very different experience and isn’t necessarily a direct competitor.

MadYaker wrote: »
    It seems to me that this end of the market is wide open for some other massive developer with more resources and experience to come along and steal a huge chunk of pubg’s player base by making a BR game that doesn’t have all the problems pubg has. I think fortnite offers a very different experience and isn’t necessarily a direct competitor.

I would say it's definitely a competitor. While not being the exact same, the majority of my friends who played PUBG have moved on to Fortnite. Not exclusively, we still play PUBG the odd time together, but they are much more interested in Fortnite these days.

I agree though I think there is room for someone to step in and make a more refined product. Winning in Fortnite never feels special because you are beating 8 year olds.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would say it's definitely a competitor. While not being the exact same, the majority of my friends who played PUBG have moved on to Fortnite. Not exclusively, we still play PUBG the odd time together, but they are much more interested in Fortnite these days.

I agree though I think there is room for someone to step in and make a more refined product. Winning in Fortnite never feels special because you are beating 8 year olds.

I don't think I could ever get into Fortnite, the run and gun style is fun enough but the building ruins it for me pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think I could ever get into Fortnite, the run and gun style is fun enough but the building ruins it for me pretty much.

Yeah im the same, though its growing on me, im still kinda hoping they release a mode where there is no building in it, its a pretty great shooter and feels very refined and nowhere near as bug ridden and rough as PUBG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

War is uhh interesting.

Had some odd moments putting 30 7.62 into a lad then switching to p18 and putting a full clip into him, then he killed me. Others seen this and questioned my aim, I hit him dead centre with every shot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dreamers75 wrote: »
    War is uhh interesting.

Had some odd moments putting 30 7.62 into a lad then switching to p18 and putting a full clip into him, then he killed me. Others seen this and questioned my aim, I hit him dead centre with every shot :(

that and it's not worth the bp, got a rake of kills and the team i was on won and we managed to only get 30bp or something for the time spent, could make 5 times as much solo in that time with no kills

dreamers75 wrote: »
    War is uhh interesting.

All its made me realise is that I'm actually really bad at this game

Dont mind war, its good craic with a team on trying to hold a section of the circle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

War more than anything else shows how **** the netcode is.
    Also far less boring than normal BR mode.

Didnt notice any issues, maybe in one game I noticed shots not landing that should have.

All I had was one grenade and the poor chap hadn't a clue I was anywhere near him! :D

New patch notes:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2758894130304495264

Oh, and a new lootbox that requires purchasing a key to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Still just monetising this **** show and nothing being done about hackers. Looking at some of the accounts of these guys they are blatantly hacking for weeks and months at a time. Crap like average K/D ratio of 14 in a lot of games played. Over 50% wins etc. About 3-4 times better than the pros considered to be the best at the game. Really getting sick of it now.

You can't stop them but you can police it better than that. Should be red flags and instant bans for accounts like that within a day. The report system does nothing. Don't even bother reporting people. We've checked the account of people we reported months ago. Blatant hackers who also stream and he's still playing on the same account.

I've also twice now seen over 70-80 bots drop from the plane in a line in a single game. They just fan out in all directions when they land, some walk, some go prone and crawl, some hide in buildings. The crates as bad as they are are still worth farming apparently. Strength in numbers I guess. I've opened at least 100 crates since release and only got 1 non common item. I guess 80 bots might get something a bit faster.

Checked the accounts of the bots and they have been doing it for loads of games, 0 kill obvious bot accounts but again they don't get banned.

Love the game but screw Bluehole.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Still just monetising this **** show and nothing being done about hackers. Looking at some of the accounts of these guys they are blatantly hacking for weeks and months at a time. Crap like average K/D ratio of 14 in a lot of games played. Over 50% wins etc. About 3-4 times better than the pros considered to be the best at the game. Really getting sick of it now.

You can't stop them but you can police it better than that. Should be red flags and instant bans for accounts like that within a day. The report system does nothing. Don't even bother reporting people. We've checked the account of people we reported months ago. Blatant hackers who also stream and he's still playing on the same account.

I've also twice now seen over 70-80 bots drop from the plane in a line in a single game. They just fan out in all directions when they land, some walk, some go prone and crawl, some hide in buildings. The crates as bad as they are are still worth farming apparently. Strength in numbers I guess. I've opened at least 100 crates since release and only got 1 non common item. I guess 80 bots might get something a bit faster.

Checked the accounts of the bots and they have been doing it for loads of games, 0 kill obvious bot accounts but again they don't get banned.

Love the game but screw Bluehole.

You play on EU servers BloodBath? And TPP or FPP?

EU FPP squads mainly.

BloodBath wrote: »
    EU FPP squads mainly.

That would be the same as myself. Can't say I encounter them too often, I've had a few games that were full of bots, but can count on one hand times I've definitely been killed by hackers. Aimbotters are generally super obvious. Wallhackers less so, but can depend on how much the person is trying to mask it. Never encountered teleporters or superman.

Now the guys I play with, play Fortnite a good bit more now so my mileage has probably dimished, but I'm pushing 400 hours myself in it.

Getting lucky enough lately. Not too many hackers. Seems some nights all of them are on. Maybe it's times as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Advertisement