Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher Cycle Challenge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it a challenge to cycle up the cliffs?
    i think i'd need at least a compact and a 32 tooth cog on the cassette to attempt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Thinking about it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ive done the route a few times, lovely route and nice and scenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Im doing it myself. Cycled a bit in the area (From Lahinch over to Doolin) while on holidays there last Autumn. and its beautiful.
    Anyone know how much climbing is in this one (125km route)? Havent a huge amount in the legs this year so looking to see what suffering lies ahead!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

here is a graph of something very similar to the 85km route, first climb is the cliffs, its nothing to be honest, nice steady climb. second one is corkscrew, again nothing more than a steady climb.

ignore everything to the 30 minute mark, that was sitting in the hotel car park in ennistymon waiting for the green flag

west%20clare%20elev_zps1btzhkmw.png

the 125 lists another 400m of climbing so half of this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bump!

well who's going this saturday?

forecast looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

fryup wrote: »
    bump!

well who's going this saturday?

forecast looks good

Heard from local that 311 have registered online. Undoubtedly others will turn up on today.

Looks like they're going mad with the grub guys so turn up good and hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

terrydel wrote: »
    Im doing it myself. Cycled a bit in the area (From Lahinch over to Doolin) while on holidays there last Autumn. and its beautiful.
    Anyone know how much climbing is in this one (125km route)? Havent a huge amount in the legs this year so looking to see what suffering lies ahead!

http://www.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4504442

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

I'll be there I'll probably be last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

by eck! that was a tough cycle didn't realise they'd be so many climbs....anyway enjoyed the day lovely scenery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Really enjoyed it, was a tough, rolly day but the organisation and volunteer spirit was superb. For 25euro you cant go wrong, plenty of other sportives would do well to take note.
    Went for the neck warmer souvenir but when hanging around in the community centre later, the 3 of us doing it were all offered a water bottle too :) Happy days. Will deffo be on next years list. Gimme this type of sportive over the greedy, so called charity events that are becoming all too common. The fact the route is amazing is an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

A great event last w/e. Great organising, food, weather and scenery!

Advertisement