Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connect broadband to laptop

Options
  • 24-03-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

I just bought a huawei E3531 broadband USB for my windows 8 computer and windows laptop. works fine on computer.....but wont connect to laptop.

is there some setting I need to access on my windows laptop? ive tried connecting using various codes in my Hilink settings under ''device information''. thanks for help ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I just bought a huawei E3531 broadband USB for my windows 8 computer and windows laptop. works fine on computer.....but wont connect to laptop.

is there some setting I need to access on my windows laptop? ive tried connecting using various codes in my Hilink settings under ''device information''. thanks for help ;)

Are you saying the dongle is installed correctly but just won't connect to the Internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

mordeith wrote:
    Are you saying the dongle is installed correctly but just won't connect to the Internet?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Yes

Try turning off the WiFi on the laptop case it's causing a conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

mordeith wrote:
    Try turning off the WiFi on the laptop case it's causing a conflict.

Wifi is off on laptop already though, but thanks for suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has it installed on your laptop? Try going into your computer settings and looking for Networks. Maybe have a look there. That might be where your problem is otherwise you may just try plugging it out and back in or reinstalling it. You might have to uninstall what did install first maybe it did not install fully or right. Then plug it back in and make sure that it installs fully.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There wasn't another dongle installed before on the laptop? I've had that before when upgrading the dongle - the new one didn't work with the software. Check installed programs for anything to do with Huawei/HiLink and uninstall it and then reinstall from the dongle.

Advertisement