If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good TV for SKY Q?

Options
  • 24-03-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Am looking to upgrade to an ultra HD tv for SKY Q and knocked across this OLED -

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202069-oled55e6v.aspx

The reviews are superb.

I know it's towards the higher end of the spectrum but would there really be that much of difference between this and say a decent ultra LED for €1000 approx.?

Is the picture quality from an OLED that much noticably better than LED to justify the extra outlay?

On that point, as the human eye is only so powerful how much "improvement" is there between HD and ultra HD...would you notice the quality straight off or would you be well pushed to even tell the difference?

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rodders999 wrote: »
    Am looking to upgrade to an ultra HD tv for SKY Q and knocked across this OLED -

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202069-oled55e6v.aspx

The reviews are superb.

I know it's towards the higher end of the spectrum but would there really be that much of difference between this and say a decent ultra LED for €1000 approx.?

Is the picture quality from an OLED that much noticably better than LED to justify the extra outlay?

On that point, as the human eye is only so powerful how much "improvement" is there between HD and ultra HD...would you notice the quality straight off or would you be well pushed to even tell the difference?

Cheers.
    Hi Rodders999.

Thanks for the post.

In my opinion there is no better screens on the market than the LG OLED's.
    The extra money is well worth it for the quality of picture that they produce even over the Samsung KS7000 and above range which use Quantum Dot technology.

There is a noticeable difference in quality between OLED and LED. It's most noticeable in the colours and the contrast. Better blacks.
    4K running on the OLEDS is mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭rodders999

Thanks for the reply Kenny.

The tv I linked above seems to come with it's own integrated sound bar, is the sound from the set itself more than adequate for a medium sized sitting room would you know? It would be ideal if so.

I've been keeping an eye on the price and it's dropped quite a bit since launch, would you say it's bottomed out at it's current price our will it drop a bit more when the 2017 models are out?

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rodders999 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Kenny.

The tv I linked above seems to come with it's own integrated sound bar, is the sound from the set itself more than adequate for a medium sized sitting room would you know? It would be ideal if so.

I've been keeping an eye on the price and it's dropped quite a bit since launch, would you say it's bottomed out at it's current price our will it drop a bit more when the 2017 models are out?

Thanks again.
    Hi Rodders999.

There was a deal running a while ago for a free soundbar with the OLED but it has now finished.

The speaker in the TV itself are produced by Harmon Kardon and give the LG a more fuller sound to the normal flat screen television. i would say it should be enough to fill your room but if its not a soundbar can be added with no issues.

Regarding the pricing, I'm too sure if it will drop again once the NEW versions start to filter through. Pricing changes both up and down so often in this industry to trey and stay ahead of the competition or reacting to their pricing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.