Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bar for a 30th birthday party

Options
  • 24-03-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Looking for suggestions for a bar to hold a 30th party in. Would be looking for an area for 30-50 people with maybe an option for some finger food (not essential)

Ideally would like to have a reserved area for the party goers but it wouldn't need to be separated off from the rest of the pub completely, if it was it would be OK too I guess.

Anyone have any experience of spots in the city for a similar crowd?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

My other half had her's in Tribeton and it was very good. We just had the area beside the front window reserved and it was perfect for 30-50 people. They'd finger food too.

Massimos is good too for this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Oslo. /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭ratracer

Top floor of busker brownes would tick all your boxes there, also Monroe's Tavern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The Dail has an upstairs area that sounds suitable for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

The Dail has an upstairs area that sounds suitable for you.

Was going to say the dail also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Monroes side room is private with bar and own toilet and smoking area facilities, can cater for up to 100+ so your party would be real comfortable in there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ratracer wrote: »
    Top floor of busker brownes would tick all your boxes there, also Monroe's Tavern

The pints up there, on the top floor of Buskers, are terrible. The taps don't get used enough. So unless you want to have keep going up & down a few flights of stairs for every drink, I wouldn't recommend here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Snickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FitzShane wrote: »
    The pints up there, on the top floor of Buskers, are terrible. The taps don't get used enough. So unless you want to have keep going up & down a few flights of stairs for every drink, I wouldn't recommend here.
    I was there for a birthday 2 weeks ago and no-one complained about the pints, expect the Guinness drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    I was there for a birthday 2 weeks ago and no-one complained about the pints, expect the Guinness drinkers.

Serious Guinness drinkers would have known better than to have ordered from up there. Order down, carry up is the rule there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, they aren't happy anywhere but Murphy's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

As stated above... The Oslo....great food, fantastic beers... /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Cheers Guys for all the suggestions. Time to start making a few calls. So far its looking like the Dail or Monroes ased on availability. Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

testtech05 wrote: »
    Cheers Guys for all the suggestions. Time to start making a few calls. So far its looking like the Dail or Monroes ased on availability. Thanks again!!
    Did you try House Hotel? Was are a couple of Christmas parties there and the finger food was great also the ladies love it due to cocktail menu. They can cordon off and reserve and area for you, also it's handy for parking and is fairly central.

Advertisement