Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2018 Qualifier: Ireland v Wales, 7.45pm on RTE 2 & Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Take that

cud of won but could of lost

We need to beat Austria at home

Tonight Cud of been worse, all the best to coleman

Need to beat Austria and Serbia at home, second place doesnt guarantee you a play off spot this campaign I think. Think there's so many groups now that two teams who finish second will miss out on the play offs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Like I said, this is not a team at all equipped to deal with a situation where they are playing against 10 men and expected to score.

Horror injury for Coleman, hopefully it's not as bad as first feared.

The trumpet related posting had me in tears, so it's probably all been worth it.

Ive said it for years, Ireland can beat any team that they are supposed to lose to, but put them as the favorites and they just cant break down a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

I was happy with the effort Ireland put in. It wasn't pretty, but I feared the worst before the game. Bale went very, very close near the end. He never looked too far from fulfilling his reputation, but the Irish defence kept him quiet pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

niallo27 wrote: »
    Whelan should have gone in the first half in fairness.

There were a few Daft challenges from us alright, it became Tit for tat and the ref wasn't consistent in how he was officiating the game and essentially lost control by the time the leg break happened.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Horror tackle from Bale too.

Red all day long.

Decent result all things considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

An ISIS tackle on Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Dunphy talking absolute sh!te on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Shame we were missing key players tonight, as Wales looked there for the taking. Hopefully Coleman is alright, even if had have won that injury has marred this match for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I agree with Dunphy. But I also don't.

• Lol dunphy v richie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eamo is a ****ing dinosaur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ive said it for years, Ireland can beat any team that they are supposed to lose to, but put them as the favorites and they just cant break down a team

THis is completely backwards. Ireland have an outstanding record in games against lower seeds and an awful record of beating higher ranked teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dunphy talking absolute sh!te on tv.

I think the other two are talking shiite, saying Coleman and Ireland asked for it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Gutted for Coleman as well,very honest player that gives everything,

And he's been a very good captain for us too. As bad as the injury is, players usually come back so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sadlier's taking it to Dunphy and putting him back in his box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Long caught Williams but he was making an honest attempt to close him down,its what he does

Joe Allen made the most of Glenn Whelan's challenge

Williams went through the back of Walters at the start and noting is said about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I've seen the replays now and that was reckless. I'm disgusted tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dunphy could land one on Richie before this is over.

:D

Bale should have been sent off a minute before Taylor. The fact that Bale got away with it, encouraged Taylor.

Jesus. His leg spun 360 degrees. : (

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Sadlier via KO!!

No one asked for that tackle on Coleman, it was over the top. To say we asked for it is just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Mint Sauce wrote: »

You would miss poor old Bill not putting manners on them

Strong arm tactics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I hate this sh1t that he isn't that type of player. Then why do you go in to break someone's leg then you utter dirtbag

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Dunphy is all talk no action. He'd probably ****e himself if he went up against Sadlier.

j0od41k0_99d1t5_ec43ar.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Like I said, this is not a team at all equipped to deal with a situation where they are playing against 10 men and expected to score.

Easy to be negative and then celebrate if your wrong.

Too many "fans" like this these days

"This team" is joint top of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sadlier hasn't a clue. Almost worse than Henry as a pundit.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just because the tackle may have been bad doesn't make the lad a scumbag.

May have been bad, good one. I'm sure we all played football when we were kids and we'd kick people or want to. It's a little different when you're an adult and you do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

I hate this sh1t that he isn't that type of player. Then why do you go in to break someone's leg then you utter dirtbag

He wasn't that type of player before maybe. He is now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What's Dunphy saying? Stuck on Sky coverage here.

Whole body spun in air, leg looked like it went in an unnatural position. MON has confirmed broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

When we hit the Welsh it's disciplined and when they hit us it's dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Shocker on Coleman of course, easy red card. Surprised at people letting Whelan and Long away with the elbows though. The replays are pretty damning to be honest, both leave elbows in there. Of course none of that has relation to a shocking tackle of course, no excuse at all can be made for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

"On behalf of Neil Taylor, I know Neil, he's not that sort of player. There is no malice, it looks bad and it's out of character for him to challenge like that." - John Hartson

As someone who has had their leg broken like Coleman's playing football, comments like that infuriate me. It's out of character for Coleman to have his leg in separate pieces. There's a reason you can't tackle like that.
    Take your welsh tinted goggles off, that was an absolutely disgraceful tackle.
    Williams and Ledley were also shameful, throwing their arms up in protest at the awarding of the free.

• Corholio wrote: »
    Shocker on Coleman of course, easy red card. Surprised at people letting Whelan and Long away with the elbows though. The replays are pretty damning to be honest, both leave elbows in there. Of course none of that has relation to a shocking tackle of course, no excuse at all can be made for it.

Bale should have seen red
    His was bad also. O Shea being treated now

Himself and Richie were having a falling out over Richie's comments about us been ill disciplined,

Richie wants to turn the game into net ball

Richie said both teams were indisaplined , Dunphy said Ireland were not indisaplined, but aggressive. Repeat repeat repeat repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Taylor himself had a very bad leg break a few years ago. Very poor tackle but I doubt he intended to injure Coleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thats what it looked like to me. Very nasty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Horrible tackle from Taylor, 49 times out of 50 nothing happens. One of those times was Bale's tackle before it, defo red card.

R00ster wrote: »
    "On behalf of Neil Taylor, I know Neil, he's not that sort of player. There is no malice, it looks bad and it's out of character for him to challenge like that." - John Hartson

As someone who has had their leg broken like Coleman's playing football, comments like that infuriate me. It's out of character for Coleman to have his leg in separate pieces. There's a reason you can't tackle like that.
    Take your welsh tinted goggles off, that was an absolutely disgraceful tackle.
    Williams and Ledley were also shameful, throwing their arms up in protest at the awarding of the free.

I dont really take any notice of what Hartson says anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Bale should have seen red
    His was bad also. O Shea being treated now

I think Bale is late in sliding in to poke the ball in, I don't think he's just tackling like that. I can see why it would be red of course but I think it's more late than a terrible tackle.

Dunphy's talking out of his hoop now.

• MD1990 wrote: »
    Taylor himself had a very bad leg break a few years ago. Very poor tackle but I doubt he intended to injure Coleman.

No intent when leading with two legs studs up? Pff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ritchie vs dunphy is more entertaining than tonights match

Jaysus, all we need now in that studio is Kenny Cunningham to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mr.H wrote: »
    Easy to be negative and then celebrate if your wrong.

Too many "fans" like this these days

"This team" is joint top of the group.

Not about being right or wrong or celebrating either resulr, I made a not too strenuous football assessment in a football thread, that's why I'm here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

MD1990 wrote: »

He did. Watch it again and think what the fcuk else he could have been trying to do. He certainly wasn't trying to play the ball

• Advertisement
Advertisement