Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2018 Qualifier: Ireland v Wales, 7.45pm on RTE 2 & Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dunphy talking absolute sh!te on tv.
    I think he's winding up Richie who takes himself too seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Jaysus, all we need now in that studio is Kenny Cunningham to get involved.

His eyebrows are a weapon.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dunphy's talking out of his hoop now.

'You weren't there!'

Sounds like he's talking about Vietnam.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

R00ster wrote: »
    "On behalf of Neil Taylor, I know Neil, he's not that sort of player. There is no malice, it looks bad and it's out of character for him to challenge like that." - John Hartson

https://twitter.com/Bradley_Cates/status/845390880995528704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

R00ster wrote: »
    "On behalf of Neil Taylor, I know Neil, he's not that sort of player. There is no malice, it looks bad and it's out of character for him to challenge like that." - John Hartson

As someone who has had their leg broken like Coleman's playing football, comments like that infuriate me. It's out of character for Coleman to have his leg in separate pieces. There's a reason you can't tackle like that.
    Take your welsh tinted goggles off, that was an absolutely disgraceful tackle.
    Williams and Ledley were also shameful, throwing their arms up in protest at the awarding of the free.

John Hartson hardly had a good record in terms of his own discipline, he probably thinks that he wasn't that type of player either but he bloody well was.

Glazers Out!

Daroxtar wrote: »
    When we hit the Welsh it's disciplined and when they hit us it's dirt.

What I said with my mates wouldn't be allowed here. We did stupid stuff at the end of the first half. Legbreakers are a whole 'nother level though, and a lot worse in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think he's winding up Richie who takes himself too seriously

I think you give Dunphy way too much credit. He's not got it in him to be so calculated, cunning or prepared. He literally just says things on a whim based on how controversial he thinks they will be.

Who wouldn't have taken 0-0? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We won't be seeing Coleman again for the remainder of these qualifiers.

WARNING: GRAPHIC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just seen the picture going around in Twitter of Coleman's leg. If he plays again in 2017, I'll be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On the actual match, I was a bit disappointed with Ireland tonight to be honest. Players missing or not it was a pretty dull performance and while Wales didn't have loads of chances to deserve a win either, we could hardly argue if they had eventually put one in after giving Wales the ball for most of the game.

Bale should've got the line as well. Ref probably let him off 'cos of his reputation. Ireland were hard and physical but Wales were scum, utter scum. Bale will miss their next match and I hope Serbia beat them the next day and it's down to us v Serbia for the top spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dunphy talking like he's had a few jars. He also said Ibrahimovic was sent off for the elbow which is of course incorrect.

• We won't be seeing Coleman again for the remainder of these qualifiers.

Please put a warning on that :/

MD1990 wrote: »
    Taylor himself had a very bad leg break a few years ago. Very poor tackle but I doubt he intended to injure Coleman.

Get the fúck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Ritchie making the schoolboy error of actually taking Eamon seriously..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I take it back, it's a terrible break.

Best wishes to Seamus, he'll have a long road to recovery, but plenty of players have played again after breaks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Someone said it earlier and I agree the right word for that Welsh performance is mindless. I think there were signs that they were feeling the pressure of failing in this group. They were desperate, mindless and a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dunphy has a huge eyelash or is crying hairs. It's distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

What I said with my mates wouldn't be allowed here. We did stupid stuff at the end of the first half. Legbreakers are a whole 'nother level though, and a lot worse in real life.

Dead right...it was like a rough local derby match until Taylor turned a cnut....No excuse....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ritchie making the schoolboy error of actually taking Eamon seriously..

Ha, very very true!

I think you give Dunphy way too much credit. He's not got it in him to be so calculated, cunning or prepared. He literally just says things on a whim based on how controversial he thinks they will be.
    Dunphy might be getting a bit like Jimmy Hill used to be a bit doddery. Still I think he's takin the piss with Richie a bit. I don't think Richie should be there, I don't like him, Cunningham or Duff would be better.

Just seen the picture going around in Twitter of Coleman's leg. If he plays again in 2017, I'll be shocked.

Yeah I slowed it down to see the challenge and it's really horrifying. His leg was shaped like a boomerang. I don't think he'll be playing again this year sadly.

"Courage of conviction" Dunphy is dusting off the classics now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

No intent by Taylor to injure Coleman in my opinion. Really sad to see such a bad injury but it looked a 50/50 challenge but mistimed and a bit high

• I hope Keane kicks down the Welsh dressing room door and boxes the living ****e out of Taylor

ERG89 wrote: »
    Dunphy has a huge eyelash or is crying hairs. It's distracting.

He had some sort of a "black" eye last week so that may be what you are seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

wadacrack wrote: »
    No intent by Taylor to injure Coleman in my opinion.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Coleman again with not that type of player. Hope his own leg gets snapped too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

No intent by Taylor to injure Coleman in my opinion. Really sad to see such a bad injury but it looked a 50/50 challenge but mistimed and a bit high

If you jump in with 2 feet to tackle, it is not 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

You don't challenge for a ball like that. It's a nasty challenge.

• wadacrack wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He had some sort of a "black" eye last week so that may be what you are seeing.

Maybe it's a stitch but it's like a white hair on his right eye.
    I'm very disappointed they have no touchscreen tonight unless eamo broke it with his thumping touches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dunphy might be getting a bit like Jimmy Hill used to be a bit doddery. Still I think he's takin the piss with Richie a bit. I don't think Richie should be there, I don't like him, Cunningham or Duff would be better.

Cunningham? He's terrible. He's from the same family of positivity as Ronnie.

Richie is better than Duff as well.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I hope Keane kicks down the Welsh dressing room door and boxes the living ****e out of Taylor

Too many Die Hard films and video games Mick!

Can't see it happening!

I hope Keane kicks down the Welsh dressing room door and boxes the living ****e out of Taylor

I wouldn't put it past him! :pac:

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Too many Die Hard films and video games Mick!

Can't see it happening!

What?

Gotta say I'd disagree in a big way, for me he's the best pundit you see on Irish tv on a regular basis (joint best if you include Kerr). I can't comment too much on Dunphy's mental state because we only see him once or twice on tv every few months or so. All I can say is that, when you compare him to Sadlier or other pundits of that ilk who are in touch with the modern game and do their research, he comes across as a bit of a joke that RTE wheel out to get a reaction. I remember reading that years ago Germany, when analysing their national team on a certain channel, would have their pundits and a comedian analyse the matches. To me, Dunphy is basically that comedian these days.

Cunningham? He's terrible. He's from the same family of positivity as Ronnie.

Richie is better than Duff as well.
    I disagree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You have to be taking the piss. For a start, it's not a 50/50, Taylor is nowhere near getting the ball. Then he comes off his feet, dives in with his studs up and catches Coleman midway up the shin.

"Saying it's "mistimed and a bit high" is like calling the Battle of the Somme a bit of a mill-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I think we were going in hard at times in the first half and without doubt Chris Coleman or someone on the coaching staff at half time advised their players to go in hard. Disgraceful by both Bale and Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Mistimed and high tackles are disgusting and horrible especially in the situation Taylor found himself in.
    Reckless or intentionally it really doesn't matter, he knew he was breaking Coleman's leg if he didn't get it or else he knew he wasn't getting it and went to break Seamus leg,either is a **** thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Damien360 wrote: »
    If you jump in with 2 feet to tackle, it is not 50/50.

I've seen it from a few angles and I've still yet to see this 2nd foot I've seen mentioned here a few times. Still he was high and it was a lunge, looks worse as he definitely saw him coming where Coleman only had eyes for the ball. Poor Seamie

What?

Can't see Keane kicking doors down! Hopefully he does but it's unlikely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can't see Keane kicking doors down! Hopefully he dies but it's unlikely!

:eek:

• Advertisement

I agree, Sadlier is an excellent pundit. He failed himself tonight though in falling into the "Dunphy trap". He only frustrated himself. But he is a far better pundit than many.

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can't see Keane kicking doors down! Hopefully he dies but it's unlikely!

Ive no idea what you are on about lol
    Hopefully who dies??
    Is Keane an avid gamer / Die hard fan?

Gotta say I'd disagree in a big way, for me he's the best pundit you see on Irish tv on a regular basis (joint best if you include Kerr). I can't comment too much on Dunphy's mental state because we only see him once or twice on tv every few months or so. All I can say is that, when you compare him to Sadlier or other pundits of that ilk who are in touch with the modern game and do their research, he comes across as a bit of a joke that RTE wheel out to get a reaction. I remember reading that years ago Germany, when analysing their national team on a certain channel, would have their pundits and a comedian analyse the matches. To me, Dunphy is basically that comedian these days.
    Nah, Richie takes himself way too seriously. He was wrong about Ireland being undisciplined. That was the wrong word, Ireland were physical, not undisciplined. He needs to get things like that right.

Ive no idea what you are on about lol
    Hopefully who dies??
    Is Keane an avid gamer / Die hard fan?

Was a typo! Does...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

You don't challenge for a ball like that. It's a nasty challenge.

Let's be honest- we see at least one tackle like that every week in the premiership.Coleman was unlucky that all the weight of his standing leg was on the turf.
    I am in no way defending that challenge,but any talk of the Welsh side being 'scum' or 'thugs' is hypocrisy if you're a regular viewer of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement