Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2018 Qualifier: Ireland v Wales, 7.45pm on RTE 2 & Sky Sports 1

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyway, after that ugly (in every way) encounter, April is a month that will make up for it hopefully for soccer fans.

C7wFKddWsAA9w3g.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

chicorytip wrote: »
    I would hope all international footballers possess that passion you refer to. But that, on it's own, is simply not enough at this level of the game. He is a woefully inadequate player. I stand by my earlier comments.

...take a look at the rest of the talent in the team.

Not intended as an insult to the team because they and MON/Keane are doing an excellent job making the absolute most of it, but the fact is we don't exactly have much talent at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

fryup wrote:
    what a horror tackle, i swear i heard it snap on the telly..........

fryup wrote:
    what are we saying here folks...a career ender ?

It's a double fracture which is likely to heal more quickly than a full break. He should make a full,reasonably quick physical recovery. The main damage could be psychological in the sense of making a player suffering this kind of injury more reluctant to fly into 50-50 challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheCitizen wrote: »
    What did Hartson say?

He wasn't originally saying on the night that he knows the lad and he's not that sort of player and it was unfortunate more than intentional.

Watched him on football focus and to be fair to him he had back tracked and called it an awful challenge etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Also people calling it a career ender are surely being premature and a little sensationalist. There have been plenty of similar leg breaks in the game and the players have come back within a few months.

Also the comparison to the David Busst injury are off the mark too imo.
    Busst leg completely collapsed and shattered, bone and muscle exposed through the skin. As horrific as Colemans injury is, and I'm in no way trying to play it down, Bussts was on a whole different level of damage.

The first time I have ever seen screens brought on to a pitch at a football game to hide the mess that had been made from the impact as staff tried to clean the blood up off the pitch.

Advertisement