Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary schools southside cork city

Options
  • 24-03-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I am torn between Gael scoil in Ballyphehane, Scoil Criost Ri in Turners Cross and St Marys of the Isle near Greenmount.

Does anyone have their children going to any of these schools and anything to report on them?

PS my son is enrolled in all 3 schools since he was a baby and is not going to start until 2018.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

allabella wrote: »
    Hi,

I am torn between Gael scoil in Ballyphehane, Scoil Criost Ri in Turners Cross and St Marys of the Isle near Greenmount.

Does anyone have their children going to any of these schools and anything to report on them?

PS my son is enrolled in all 3 schools since he was a baby and is not going to start until 2018.

Thanks

Friends children in Greenmount - and all very happy campers. Best of luck - xx

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

A certain amount depends on where you live as all four schools have good points, without doubt.

Have you thought ahead as far as secondary school and where you think you might like your son to attend?

I know people who have children in Gaelscoil and Greenmount and they are happy. Mine go to Glasheen Boys which is excellent but I know they have very high demand for places and it might be a bit far away for you, depending on your circumstances, where you live and work perhaps. Best of luck with your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 allabella

Does anyone have anything to report on the 3 schools I stated ? Gael scoil in Ballyphehane, Scoil Criost Ri in Turners Cross and St Marys of the Isle near Greenmount?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

I'm sorry. I misread your post, as when you mentioned (near) Greenmount, I thought that was one of the schools you were enquiring about. On that basis, it is the Gaelscoil I have heard most about. It seems to be a very nice school, with extra curriculars etc.

While most kids get on fine with Irish, there are some who find it difficult and a small number seem to move to English speaking schools.

I still think the points I made about secondary school and your own circumstances are relevant to your choice though.

Advertisement