Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosch Classix 1200 Express : Water not being pumped into machine..

• 24-03-2017 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

My last wash using this machine came out wetter than what it should.

Just stuck on another wash. It makes that sound that precedes it filling with water - but stops after half a second - abruptly. It's continuing to attempt that after every pause in between rotations.

I got the impression there may be some water not draining out of the unit previously - but then there doesn't seem to be enough water in the unit (or at least, what I'd normally observe during a wash cycle) now that the machine is running.

Any ideas what this could be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

set it to drain only it should run for 1 minute, while its running stop/start it with the start button if it fails to re start they are nearly always worn out but check it for obstruction. you should also observe it while loaded in spin just in case its not spinning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

set it to drain only it should run for 1 minute, while its running stop/start it with the start button if it fails to re start they are nearly always worn out but check it for obstruction. you should also observe it while loaded in spin just in case its not spinning

I ended up draining it via the cable behind the panel at the front-bottom-right of the unit - then cleaned out the filter (there were 2 cents in there).

Ran load again. However, same deal. It goes straight to 'wash' cycle - whereas normally, you'd hear it filling with water. In between the tub turning during the wash cycle, it tries to fill with water but that noise ends abruptly - it tries this at every 'pause' in the wash cycle - and fails each time.

I assume the next up is that I need to remove the top cover and check the pump??

do the procedure I gave you before you take anything apart, firstly you need to see if the pump runs and next see if you have motor action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

do the procedure I gave you before you take anything apart, firstly you need to see if the pump runs and next see if you have motor action

When you say, 'set it to drain', there's a mode that I can select for that? I've attached the very basic manual for the appliance. I don't see any mention of this mode?

if it doesn't say drain it will say empty, what I want you to do is check that the pump is running without sticking and afterwards check it for motor action as you say the clothes are coming out wet

• Advertisement
Advertisement