Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic Fields @ NCH

Options
  • 24-03-2017 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen this promoted much. They're playing two nights - August 28th/29th - and doing 25 songs each night from their new '50 Song Memoir'. Never been to a gig of theirs that I haven't enjoyed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this a festival?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Is this a festival?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Is this a festival?

mosstin wrote: »
    No.

From what I've read, it's going to be more of a show than a gig..

Have tickets for 2nd half - couldn't decide which one to go for - in an ideal world, I'd go to both..
    NCH wrote:
    In concert, the music will be played and sung by seven performers in a stage set featuring fifty years of artifacts both musical (vintage computers, reel-to-reel tape decks, newly invented instruments), and decorative (tiki bar, shag carpet, vintage magazines for the perusal of idle musicians). The seven performers each play seven different instruments, traditional (cello, charango, clavichord) or invented in the last fifty years (Slinky guitar, Swarmatron, synthesizer

Advertisement