Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development course to CS Masters Degree

Options
  • 24-03-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm new to the boards and I'l try to make this short and understandable. I currently study Software development honours at GMIT (first year student). This course offers a masters degree and also a phd but my question here is if I wanted to do a Masters in Computer Science at UCC, Trinity or at any other college offering a course in CS for that matter would I need to have done CS at level 8 first or is the fact that I would be doing the CS masters coming from Software Development ok? As they are initially identical I'm wondering if I will be able to take up Computer Science Masters after a level 8 Software Development course.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mayoman007

Sorry, I am not able to give you the answer. But as I am starting my year in this course in coming September, I have a Question for you that how many hours a week study (classes) are involved in that course? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Hi, I'm new to the boards and I'l try to make this short and understandable. I currently study Software development honours at GMIT (first year student). This course offers a masters degree and also a phd but my question here is if I wanted to do a Masters in Computer Science at UCC, Trinity or at any other college offering a course in CS for that matter would I need to have done CS at level 8 first or is the fact that I would be doing the CS masters coming from Software Development ok? As they are initially identical I'm wondering if I will be able to take up Computer Science Masters after a level 8 Software Development course.
    Thanks in advance

That is a question you should ask the colleges where you are thinking of going later on. There is no "one size fits all" answer, as different colleges have their own entry criteria. You should send an email to the relevant departments in UCC/Trinity/wherever, tell them what you are currently doing, and ask them will it qualify you for entry to their Level 9 in CS.

Advertisement