Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Mechanic in Cork city / Douglas / Rochestown

Options
  • 24-03-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,

I know there are lot of similar topics here, but still I need some fresh information. Is there a reliable mechanic who keeps his word and know what he does? I need a guy somewhere around Douglas / Rochestown / Passage west?

I've been to one guy in Donnybrook - Eugene, but he is really unsure what he does, so as a result I lost 2 working days and my car still needs a maintenance. I went over there (mdmotorservices) to replace my front shocks and to check what else is wrong with my suspension, as there is some weird knocking noise. We have agreed for shocks + labor price and I've been promised that my car will be ready next day, and I will receive a call with information what else should be done and what will be the cost for that. As a result I've got my car after 2 days, with replaced shocks, but at a higher price than the initial one and the knocking noise is still there. Meanwhile I haven't got a call from the mechanic, so I had to call him 10 times to ask what is wrong and why my car is not ready.
    At the end of the story I was asked to bring my car back next week to finish his work, "because he has another appointments these days".

Cheers,
    Peterson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I get all my work done with Cronin's in Mahon. Down the end of Ballinure Cottages. Have a big setup and do great work. They have been very busy of late though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I went to Ballinlough Motors, Hourihans, recently for the first time. It was only a small job but they were helpful, on time, and the price was fair. They're next to the Orchard Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

We've been using Mark Murphy at the back of the Woollen Mills in Douglas for years, and he's excellent. I can't praise him highly enough, and anyone I've recommended him to has stuck with him, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

My Dad goes to the lads in the complex across from Tesco, the old Mill place.
    Rates them very highly.

Advertisement