Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport restaurants

Options
  • 24-03-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

We are visiting Westport soon for a birthday weekend and as we are both foodies we have narrowed our choice of restaurant down to the Idle Wall or An Port Mor. Personally, when I looked at the menu on the website for the Idle Wall I was a bit unsure as I'm not particularly into the whole oxtail, calves liver etc on menus as having grown up in the 80's these were always the cheap way of feeding us as kids and I can't get past that in adulthood....comfort food yes but not what I want to eat when I'm going out.

We both love fish but like it done quite simply with fresh flavours. I assume the Idle Wall must have fish specials on a daily basis which would give us more choice than what is on the online menu.

However, for anyone who has eaten in both restaurants, which would be best?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No experience with the Idle Wall since it was the Quay Cottage, but I've never had a bad experience in An Port Mór.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭tphase

try Sage - ate there twice before Christmas, excellent food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

An Port Mor or Sage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

If you can make it out to the Tavern bar and Restaurant the food there is very good.

Advertisement