Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Later-then-usual-as-we'll-be-watching-the-match Show 23.03.17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Motor parked up at the Merrion hotel today. Chevy 2500 armoured suburban 6 litre engine

and on double yellow lines too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Good start Ryan..
    Got the name right anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is going to be sad and depressing, changing channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

RobertKK wrote: »
    Max Mosley was a dictator as head of the FIA, who came to live in Ireland after his parents who were were friends of Hitler came to live in Ireland during the war.

He did a huge amount of work for road safety, inside and outside of motorsport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

and on double yellow lines too

Those double yellow lines are only for the little people.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Seriously....

Parents who think their child is bullying do you think that they are going to listen to Mr. T?....

Not a bit.

Some parents think their children are little saints.....

We need to look further than what we would like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭1991 pmaC epacS

Thought she said a "black guy"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It's a story that needs to be reinforced time and time again....until this sh1t stops happening

I'm not sure it's as simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think emotional/mental abuse is much worse than the physical stuff. Wounds heal but mental scars can last a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It's a story that needs to be reinforced time and time again....until this sh1t stops happening

Until evil little ****s are prosecuted as adults.... This will keep happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Bullying at schools was a horrible sickening virus back in the day. God knows what its like now with Social Media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"yeah, smart move"..

oh stop bootlicking Tubridy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

There is something wrong about airing a young girl's diary on TV.

It's dreadful to think that an adored much loved child, whose parents would've given her anything was driven to suicide by fuuucking bullies.

I lost a dear friend to suicide this year. I'd no clue she was suffering to that extent. Feel like an idiot that I didn't cop she was in so much bother.

Anything that gets people to feel it's ok to ask for help, to say I'm not ok please help me is ok in my book.

Until people openly say 'I'm in danger of suicide' until they admit they are gave darkest thoughts it will keep happening.

I wish there was more help available to people. I also wish people would ask for help instead of trying to cope on their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,862 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a few bully people back in my era around junior cert cycle that I would love to go back to and wipe out, I always knew physically I was well ahead of them but mentally/psychologically they might have had me through fear of their influence which thinking back was rather foolish of me. I did sort one of them out proper one day in front of an entire class where I think by the look in his eyes he thought I was actually going to kill him, having him at a stage where I could have punched his lights in but instead ghost punched him was fun. There was a few more I regret not taking out to make an example of.

Seriously....

Parents who think their child is bullying do you think that they are going to listen to Mr. T?....

Not a bit.

Some parents think their children are little saints.....

We need to look further than what we would like to see.

I don't know what schools are like now, but back in the '90s, they tended to take a similar attitude, dismissing severe bullying as "horseplay" and "lads being lads". The last thing they would admit is that they had a bullying problem.

If I was the parents I would set up my own Operation Wrath Of God.. And hunt everyone of the bastards down.

Skid X wrote: »
    Bullying at schools was a horrible sickening virus back in the day. God knows what its like now with Social Media.

St least back in the day you could go home and not see or hear from them fir a weekend. Now thanks to phones etc the baaastards follow you to your bedroom.

Lisha wrote: »
    It's dreadful to think that an adored much loved child, whose parents would've given her anything was driven to suicide by fuuucking bullies.

I'm not a violent person but if someone drove my child to suicide, I'd be serving time, my life would be a life sentence without my child anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'm so thankful my schooldays were before social media.

RayM wrote: »
    I don't know what schools are like now, but back in the '90s, they tended to take a similar attitude, dismissing severe bullying as "horseplay" and "lads being lads". The last thing they would admit is that they had a bullying problem.

They don't give a **** even when kids are hurt to the point that Tulsa are notified..... They do nothing.

• Advertisement

They should look straight down the camera and say "yeah Ryan I have thought about picking up a baseball bat... and I'm coming for the bast*rds... TONIGHT"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I hope the scum that drive that poor girl to end her life are listening to this.

I hope the scum that drive that poor girl to end her life are listening to this.

They wouldn't give a ****.... Too busy bullying their next victim.....

Karma is a b1tch, sometimes it takes a very long time but the people who drove Leanne to suicide will pay for what they've done to this family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

And these bullying cowards probably have kids of their own now. Pure cnuts.

I wonder how they feel with their anonymity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Nice lady giving a shout out to her colleagues in M&S!

Karma is a b1tch, sometimes it takes a very long time but the people who drove this girl to suicide will pay for what they've done to this family.

Nice thought..... Pity it doesn't work that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Sky Guide says this show goes on until Midnight ? Say it ain't so.

I hope parents will make their teenagers watch it, regardless of whether they're the ones participating in the bullying. It's so easy for kids to turn a blind eye to that kind of thing when they're just thankful that they're not the ones being bullied.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    Catherine Nevin didn't have much luck for what she did her husband, did she?

M

Suicide has to leave so much soul searching for those left behind, I can't even imagine how people would feel.

Skid X wrote: »
    The Sky Guide says this show goes on until Midnight ? Say it ain't so.

Tis true.... Cause of the football it got kicked out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heartbreaking

The thing is if you get no back up?

We are all just normal people who need some support in hours of need...

No but that's coincidence.... Unfortunately many evil ****ers never get any come uppance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭1991 pmaC epacS

The look in the dad's eyes is almost bringing me to tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My heart is breaking for them.

M

Schools should show this interview every September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The look in the dad's eyes is almost bringing me to tears.

10 years later and the pain is still there

Suicide has to leave so much soul searching for those left behind, I can't even imagine how people would feel.

The soul searching would drive you insane. You just have to trust that their decision was right for themat that time. That they just couldn't keep suffering so they are now at peace. And then you just miss them so much everyday that you feel broken but you must keep going.

• Advertisement

Tis true.... Cause of the football it got kicked out...

It's Seamus Coleman that I'm thinking about tonight... Poor guy, broke his leg, looked in a lot of pain, probably wont play for at least 12 months.... And when he gets to A&E they will probably have this sh1te on the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,592 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

939851528914ed87be17dd06d50abc2d.jpg

Every kid deserves a happy childhood and life .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Karma really messed with Pol Pot for killing a couple million Cambodians. Hope you enjoyed dying of old age, Mr Pot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Karma is a b1tch, sometimes it takes a very long time but the people who drove Leanne to suicide will pay for what they've done to this family.

Probably don't even remember her

The thing is if you get no back up?

We are all just normal people who need some support in hours of need...

GSW first thing I teach my kids.... You're on your own no one is going to help you outside of your family. Second thing is resilience and third is pure self defence. Life is tough and kids have to be tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I actually can't believe 10 years have passed since this happened. Very sad, feel for that couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Poor thing.

I don't think they choose it by the way. Not in the same way that you'd choose what to have for dinner . I just think that the mind gives out, similar to how chemo might stop working against a cancer.

The key must be in realizing that suicidal impulses are wrong and to seek help them.

I know this has nothing to do with anything Lady C but I never believed the Courts proved within Reasonable Doubt Catherine N was guilty.

We must have this conversation again....:o

M

Fair play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement