Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take on jobsbridge

Options
  • 24-03-2017 9:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭

I was on BTWEA for 2 years and have doing quite well however I s got to the stage I'm going to need to bring in some much needed help. Is it possible I could bring in someone on the jobs bridge for a day or two a week. If not, what's the criteria to take someone on this scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

A quick google search would have saved you a post...
    Since 21 October 2016, JobBridge is closed to new applications. People who have already applied for positions will have until 25 November 2016 to start the internship.

What about taking somebody on part time min. Wage? What industry we talking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

bigneacy wrote: »
    A quick google search would have saved you a post...

What about taking somebody on part time min. Wage? What industry we talking?

Construction. Have never employed anyone before so don't know the process. Say if I took someone on part time, do I have to pay holiday pay, redundancy etc.. When I've no work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mcneil wrote: »
    Construction. Have never employed anyone before so don't know the process. Say if I took someone on part time, do I have to pay holiday pay, redundancy etc.. When I've no work for them.

They would be entitled to wages, PRSI payemnts by you as well as deductions for them.
    They would also accrue holidays on a pro - rata basis.
    Redundancy kicks in after 2 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

They would be entitled to wages, PRSI payemnts by you as well as deductions for them.
    They would also accrue holidays on a pro - rata basis.
    Redundancy kicks in after 2 years.

Hypothetically speaking, if i hired on or 2 days every week for a year on min wage, how much per year would i need to payout.

Dont i also need insurance for an employee?

Advertisement