Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can I put offer in for a house?

Options
  • 24-03-2017 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just looking for a bit of advice! I got sale agreed on my house today from a first time buyer He is very eager to get things moving, as am I, so can’t see there being any issues with sale going through.
    I viewed a house that I really love about 2 weeks ago. Love the house, location etc and really would like to place an offer. House is on the market now over 2 months and has had 2 offers, the most recent being 2 weeks ago at 25k under the asking price. Auctioneer has said vendor is holding out for the asking price. Decided when I viewed it I wasn’t going to make an offer as felt with the other couple ‘’ready to go’’ any offer by me would only serve to drive up the price, and would be a war I wouldn’t win as I didn’t have any sale agreed on my own. So today I got sale agreed and just looking for a bit of advice for my next move.
    Just wondering at what stage of a sale agreed/sale process would a vendor be happy to accept an offer. Or would they just run a mile until contracts are signed? I know every contract isn’t final till both parties sign, but it seems fairly likely that my house will go through without a hitch. Really would hate to miss out on this house but want to play my cards right and don’t think ill be able to go to the full asking price.
    Any advice or past experience stories would be great!
    Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can make an offer whenever you want - it is entirely dependent on the vendor whether to take it and nobody can read their minds. If you're sale agreed there is no reason not - however ensure you don't sign any final contracts.

There is a bit more distaste for chains these days but you don't have one, so its entirely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BonnieOsborne

I think the same way, too. You can make an offer whenever you want, but be sure you are not signing any final contracts.
    Best of luck,
    Bonnie

Advertisement