Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep motivation through injury

Options
  • 24-03-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

How do people keep motivated when they get injured? Im back running and cycling for the past 3 months after a lay off from tearing my calf. Now ive torn my other calf. I seem to be just rolling from 1 injury to another. I can still swim which helps but im becoming a bit disillusioned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

i feel your pain, ive been right where you are, i think the best thing you can do is sign up for a race now that is on in 6-7 months, work away with what you can do at the moment and give the injury plenty of time to heal and then build up to the race, paying out for a race now should keep you motivated to compete at the end of the summer/autumn, best of luck with the recovery and DO NOT RUSH IT, i have, it doesnt work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Agreed. Use it a chance to strengthen areas that were always weak. In my case a weak hamstring, brutal core strength and ****e cyclist. Missed out on running for 8months last year with odd hip injury . Cud swim and cycle so took the time to really work on areas i would have neglected otherwise. Obviously it's injury permitting but there's always other bits you can be working on

Advertisement