Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Certificate - District of Registration?

Options
  • 25-03-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I've got a question about whether the district stated on post-adoption birth certificates is genuinely our place of birth, or if it is just where we were adopted from.

My adoption certificate has no information as to location of birth. My short-form birth cert states "North City 4" in County Dublin.

I know I was adopted from St Patrick's on the Navan Road. If I was actually born elsewhere e.g. a different county, and was transferred months later to St Pats - would the original location be on this birth cert or would it still state "North City 4"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi, No all our Adoption Certs say Dublin, that is because Adoption Board was in Dublin where our legal adoptions went through.
    I was born in Cork but my adoption cert says Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

So, this post nearly had me driven daft!! When I read it the other day I went to look for my husbands 'birth' Cert. I knew I'd seen it and as he had traced his bmum in the past couple of years I knew it had to be in one of 2 places, as I keep birth certs together and also had a file on his trace. But I couldn't find it. I then questioned if it even existed. Lo and behold this morning I was looking for some photos and came across an envelope of paperwork his adoptive mum had given him about 3 years ago and there was the Cert in the envelope.
    So on the District of Registration it says N. C. 4 in the county of Dublin - however he was born in Mayo! He was transferred from the hospital there to St Patrick's on Navan Road at a few days old.

Advertisement