Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 Alarm

Options
  • 25-03-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have an Astec 63 Alarm. Code 22 & battery is appearing and now the alarm is going off randomly inside and then randomly outside with code 61 & sab fault. Is there a way I can turn off the system completely until I get an engineer out as I don't want it going off in the middle of the night or during the day when I'm not there? Bare in mind that I have no idea about electrics!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has it been showing battery for a while?
    Sound like it may be the battery dragging the system down, hence the bell fault.
    Best bet is to power it down completely.
    Remove the cover from the main control panel by turning the 2 plastic screws to vertical. The top cover should now slide of towards you.
    When that's off check if the mains fuse removed with the lid. The orange neon light should be off. If not remove the fuse holder above the orange light.
    Now look at the last connect to the right on the main board. Just above that connection there will be a small black plastic link marked battery. Pinch with your finger & thumb and remove by pulling off the 2 pins its sitting on.
    At this stage the keypad & internal bell should be dead & the external bell may be ringing. That will stop after 15-20 minutes. Once that's done they system is completely powered down & will not activate again,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cor1234

KoolKid wrote: »
    Has it been showing battery for a while?
    Sound like it may be the battery dragging the system down, hence the bell fault.
    Best bet is to power it down completely.
    Remove the cover from the main control panel by turning the 2 plastic screws to vertical. The top cover should now slide of towards you.
    When that's off check if the mains fuse removed with the lid. The orange neon light should be off. If not remove the fuse holder above the orange light.
    Now look at the last connect to the right on the main board. Just above that connection there will be a small black plastic link marked battery. Pinch with your finger & thumb and remove by pulling off the 2 pins its sitting on.
    At this stage the keypad & internal bell should be dead & the external bell may be ringing. That will stop after 15-20 minutes. Once that's done they system is completely powered down & will not activate again,

Thanks for the reply. The battery sign has been showing for a while now. I was given a battery but it was the wrong one. I've done as you said and it worked perfectly so thanks! Outside bell only rang for a couple of mins. It is still just the battery that needs replacing or should I still get an engineer to look at the bell fault too?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd recommend getting someone to look at it. Usually we we see the external bell die so quickly it could indicate a problem with that device also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cor1234

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting someone to look at it. Usually we we see the external bell die so quickly it could indicate a problem with that device also.

That's great, thank for your help

Your welcome. If you need anything give us a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Cor1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The battery sign has been showing for a while now. I was given a battery but it was the wrong one. I've done as you said and it worked perfectly so thanks! Outside bell only rang for a couple of mins. It is still just the battery that needs replacing or should I still get an engineer to look at the bell fault too?

The bell running for a few minutes would be the battery in itself thats starting to fail. If you did have an issue with the bell that it needed to be replaced you can use a 2 wire converter and add a global sabb to the system. Just so you are aware they are available as most will look to replace your whole system.

Advertisement