Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Face wash recommendation

Options
  • 25-03-2017 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking to try a new face wash and/or foundation. I have combination skin but it gets really dry sometimes especially after a shower or sometimes after washing my face. I currently use Nivea gentle cleansing cream wash (this) and have used La Roche Posay effaclar face wash before but I think I had dryness then as well (I might give it another go as it was quite a while ago).

Often when I wear foundation it seems to stick to my dry skin if that makes sense. I always put moisturiser on beforehand and if I'm going out I use primer as well. I don't wear full makeup often but sometimes put a bit of foundation on in the morning.

I need to buy new foundation but was going to wait to see if I can improve my skin. Does anyone have any suggestions for face wash? I don't have a huge amount to spend either so preferably something that's not too expensive.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

I've found Biore Charcoal Cleanser to be very good, cleans well and doesn't dry out my skin, and I would get dry skin fairly often. If it's still dry though you could look and see if your moisturiser is the culprit, some are better than others and if yours doesn't do it's job or suit your skin the gentlest face wash in the world won't make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I've been using a camomile cleansing butter from the body shop lately and I love it. It just melts the make up off and is very hydrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I have dry skin and I love soap and glory peaches and clean, its not drying or irritating at all, I also love coconut oil for removing makeup and cleansing my face because its really gentle, moisturising and is naturally anti bacterial. You might find that a good thermal spray will help with your dryness throughout the day, I use Avene and its great, I even set my makeup with it and a decent moisturising primer could help stop your foundation clinging to dry patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Thanks everyone, I'm going to change my moisturiser as I find it can be a bit greasy sometimes so that might help. I'll have a good look around and try some of your suggestions as well.

Advertisement