Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greys 10 ft Fly Rod..opinions?

Options
  • 25-03-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Thinking of buying one, opinions, experience would be welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Thinking of buying one, opinions, experience would be welcome. Thanks.

Good rods in general, what particular model, the xflite model? Are you using them for trout or salmon?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Good rods in general, what particular model, the xflite model? Are you using them for trout or salmon?

Gr30, to be used for Trout

Gr30, to be used for Trout

Good rod for the price, 10ft 7 weight or 6 weight correct? should be perfect for on loughs and even for salmon if you ever wanted to give salmon fishing a go! Had a good few greys rods before and found them to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good rods but a 9ft gr50 5# would be better if you are targeting river trout. What are you after and where?

Good rods but a 9ft gr50 5# would be better if you are targeting river trout. What are you after and where?

Lakes.

• Advertisement

Lakes.

GR30 will be fine.

Thanks all. Now what would you expect to pay?

Thanks all. Now what would you expect to pay?

Around 120£ not inc shipping.

Around 120£ not inc shipping.

So €180 in a dealer here is so so. I wonder what shipping costs?

So €180 in a dealer here is so so. I wonder what shipping costs?

Wouldn't be much I'd say around 10£ - 15£

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Had a 10.5 ft AFTM 7/8 row for the corrib and bigger western lakes. very good rod and I got a good few years out of it until I closed by boot lid on it one day. They use Hardy blanks so are very high quality for the price. I think I paid 180 for it in Southside Angling.
    Quite a stiff action as well which is worth bearing in mind.

I see a 7# in the UK for 140 plus 28 delivery.

http://www.flyonlyonline.co.uk/greys-gr30-fly-rod.html

Thanks to all, purchased a rod hopefully I can bend it in a trout or two before long !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

viper123 wrote: »
    Had a 10.5 ft AFTM 7/8 row for the corrib and bigger western lakes. very good rod and I got a good few years out of it until I closed by boot lid on it one day. They use Hardy blanks so are very high quality for the price. I think I paid 180 for it in Southside Angling.
    Quite a stiff action as well which is worth bearing in mind.

Greys are hardy rods - No difference except the name and decor - why anyone buys hardy is beyond me - apart from the name of course. :rolleyes:

Advertisement