Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blessed day

Under his eye. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think I might have missed a bit as to how she knew the rifle was in that chest ?

There was a box of cartridges on the chest that I suppose hinted at what was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Recliner wrote: »
    There was a box of cartridges on the chest that I suppose hinted at what was in it.

Thank you ,I didnt notice that the cartridges were on top .

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone notice that it was Oprah Winfrey on the radio when June started the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

heldel00 wrote: »
    As i said before it is the only show that can hold my attention for an hour. My heart was thumping for the entire episode.

The bloody hour goes so quick though !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

question: do gilead rules prohibit Fred and Serena from having sex since they know it can't result in a child?

they've never said this i don't think and i can't imagine that would be a rule, surely it would only lead to marriage problems if the husband only slept with the handmaid, and they could always say they were still trying in case the lord blessed them with a miracle etc.

because you never get the sense they are intimate. hardly ever kiss. i know they don't get on all the time also and fred is pretty cold.

I have a vague recollection of them kissing in an episode early on and starting to take clothes off, then stopping and recollecting themselves, as if it were not appropriate.

However, there was just that episode 2 weeks ago with the false labour where they were congratulating another guy for getting his own wife pregnant and how they wouldn't need a handmaid.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're really going to have to finish this season off well to maintain the level of viewership they have. If June ends up 'back in 'the system', I think people will get fairly fed up with the rinse and repeat cycle and give up.

The difference in quality from the first season is very noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

They're really going to have to finish this season off well to maintain the level of viewership they have. If June ends up 'back in 'the system', I think people will get fairly fed up with the rinse and repeat cycle and give up.

Agreed. It’s v repetitive. Another episode with a cumulative 25 mins of the cameras so close to offred’s puss that you can see her blocked pores as she winces and grimaces is not what we want. Enough already !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I have a vague recollection of them kissing in an episode early on and starting to take clothes off, then stopping and recollecting themselves, as if it were not appropriate.

However, there was just that episode 2 weeks ago with the false labour where they were congratulating another guy for getting his own wife pregnant and how they wouldn't need a handmaid.

that's what i mean, once it's established that they can't make a baby is sex off the table? because they blame the woman for the lack of fertility so probably they don't want the women having sex for pure enjoyment. but they never say. and perhaps the man is meant to 'keep his powder dry' so to speak once the handmaid is employed, to make sure there's enough, uh, seed for her.

if i had a wife that looked like Serena and knew that pregnancy was impossible I'd hardly leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Is this season not over? I thought last Thursday's was the last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

heldel00 wrote: »
    Is this season not over? I thought last Thursday's was the last?

I just checked and its on this Thursday coming at 9:30 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

One more ep left.

Two more I think? 13 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Agreed. It’s v repetitive. Another episode with a cumulative 25 mins of the cameras so close to offred’s puss that you can see her blocked pores as she winces and grimaces is not what we want. Enough already !

What would you replace close up scenes of the main character and narrator with when she is for the vast majority of the time the only person in her vicinity?

Liam O wrote: »
    What would you replace close up scenes of the main character and narrator with when she is for the vast majority of the time the only person in her vicinity?

The story didn’t need to be written that way so that it’s solo offred most of the time. It’s just filling time for a story that’s gone stale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Two more I think? 13 in total.

Yeah it's 13 episodes this season so two more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Brilliant. I really thought her cuddling the baby was the last scene in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

We've been sent good weather!

Jesus! Back to bleak! I've nearly maxed out on the show. There's only so much no hope I can take. This was the first episode that left me cold after. All the technical stuff is fantastic but the constant cat and mouse story approach, toying with the idea of her freedom is starting to feel more contrived for me than anything else!

The wolf made me think of them both being solitary creatures trying to survive against the odds, stirring something primal in her. Normally I'd be all onto that kind of thing but here I was like "a wolf - but of course she now has to contend with a wolf!"

Maybe there's something big coming in the last two episodes - I hope so or I'll be falling away myself I'm afraid. .

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I think with the good weather I can't face watching any grim stories. I still have 9 days to watch last weeks episode on RTE if I decide to watch it. I have read what has happened and it might be enough for now.

I did see pictures on Twitter shown what happens in one of the last 2 episodes which might be hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

not a bad episode this week. They got rid of some superfluous characters and also introduced a more positive character (im guessing) played by an actor from the West Wing. Alexis biedel's character has become more interesting to me than our sourpuss main character.

• Advertisement

not a bad episode this week. They got rid of some superfluous characters and also introduced a more positive character (im guessing) played by an actor from the West Wing. Alexis biedel's character has become more interesting to me than our sourpuss main character.

If there’s less sourpuss I might give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Good episode. Cool take on how to start a rebellion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

How are you guys watching episode 12? Has it even aired in the US yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Releases at 12 am on hulu so by around this time theres usually plenty of files to stream from online

Good episode. Poor Eden, I found that quite heart breaking tbh. Back and forth again with Mrs waterford and June now they're friends again and a few hours before she was mad at fred for letting offered look at the baby urgh! Find it kind of annoying how bi polar their relationship can be. Emily's new living arrangement seems like a very interesting plot line though and I like the actor who plays commander joseph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

I really enjoyed ep 12 best of the season so far, much better pace than the last week. i guess Nick didn't get shot after all.

thought it was weird how they all went to a swimming pool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Reminded me a bit of the executions by the Taliban that used to take place in football stadium. I wonder if organised sport is now sinful. Emily storyline through the whole season has been much more entertaining compared to the Waterford household melodrama

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I find emily interesting because she feels like she has nothing to lose and is full of hatred and so she could really do anything

Nicole :)

baby-gerald-maggies-nemesis-simpsons.jpg

Ever noticed how no body seems to be into music or listening to music on the radio in this, I presume there is no music festivals in Gillead either. What does the Gillead folk do to unwind, do they have dope, soap operas or booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Ever noticed how no body seems to be into music or listening to music on the radio in this, I presume there is no music festivals in Gillead either. What does the Gillead folk do to unwind, do they have dope, soap operas or booze.

Who needs any of that when you have public executions to watch? :eek::eek:

Advertisement