Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cubik

I wonder if people who read the book first time after watching the series are destined to be disappointed?

The book is brilliant in my opinion - one of my favourite books ever (ditto Oryx & Crake by the same author - another disturbing vision of the future) but the television series does flesh it out an enormous amount (including adding brand new bits) so my suspicion is that those who read the book may wonder "Why didn't A and B happen?"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was a big winner at the TCA Awards last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

How do I see this? I believe C4 showed it recently but does not show up under catchup?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Wow, what an ending. I will admit to the odd tear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

BailMeOut wrote: »
    How do I see this? I believe C4 showed it recently but does not show up under catchup?

It's been too long now I'd say for catch up.

• Advertisement

Well it deservingly won all the big awards at the Emmys last night and Hulu also became the first streaming site to win best drama award.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Watched the first episode last night after it been on my to watch list for a while and thought it was fantastic. Questions in do I keep watching or stop and read the book????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Glebee wrote: »
    Watched the first episode last night after it been on my to watch list for a while and thought it was fantastic. Questions in do I keep watching or stop and read the book????

I read the book and while it is fantastic, I think the series does a better job as it really gives a great insight into the foundation of Gilead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Sketch starts at 0:50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Series 2 apparently is going to have 13 episodes, looking forward to it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

The first 3 episodes are up on the All4 player again - only 13 days left to see the first episode - a new episode goes up weekly on a Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Anti Trump leftist hysteria.

Drivel.

I like the way it's a Christian theocracy - yeah cos that's most likely gonna happen isn't it ?

F*ck off Hollywood - no one believes your nonsense anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Anti Trump leftist hysteria.

Drivel.

I like the way it's a Christian theocracy - yeah cos that's most likely gonna happen isn't it ?

F*ck off Hollywood - no one believes your nonsense anymore.

Youre right. Margaret Atwood was clearly influenced by trump when she wrote it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Youre right. Margaret Atwood was clearly influenced by trump when she wrote it

She's such a millennial snowflake…

Season 2 starts in April 2018.

First teaser pic's

tht_207_gk_0346rt2_-_embed_2018.jpg
    rw_h050c008_still_request_20171220_-_embed_2018_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Absolute top quality TV, but then again it stars the best actress working in TV right now Elizabeth Moss. I haven't read the book or followed any discussions so don't know any theories, but I think the next big step would be to have the religious nuts to attack and occupy Canada. Blessed Day.

Really looking forwards to the next season having read the book! The first series deviated from the book in a few ways but it was excellent. Didn't leave anything out. Very excited to see where it goes now. The ending of the book left this reader hungry for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Season 2 will start broadcast on Hulu on April 25th. 13 episodes in total. Two will be broadcast the first night and then one a week from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

• Advertisement

Marisa Tomei will be guesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    The Handmaid's Tale starts on RTE Two at 9:30pm on Monday 5th February (Double bill)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Who is the guy with a gag in his mouth in the forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Tonight on RTE!
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Handmaid's Tale starts on RTE Two at 9:30pm on Monday 5th February (Double bill)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Anyway where I can watch the first few episodes of this?

RTE player might have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

suds1984 wrote: »
    Anyway where I can watch the first few episodes of this?

Should be on the RTÉ player! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Should be on the RTÉ player! :)

Only episode 3 & 4 , not the first two episodes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Absolute top quality TV, but then again it stars the best actress working in TV right now Elizabeth Moss. I haven't read the book or followed any discussions so don't know any theories, but I think the next big step would be to have the religious nuts to attack and occupy Canada. Blessed Day.
    Pay back for the war of 1812.

Advertisement