Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Its back on RTE 2 tonight at 10.30

will it be available on the rte player?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

I definitely set this to record on RTE but low and behold it didn't. Noticed the same with Godfather of Harlem on Monday, I definitely had it set to record but it didn't trigger. Watching shows on RTE can be so frustrating sometimes.

Episode 1 is on demand thankfully on Sky and presumably the rte player also. It's also repeated next Wednesday night/early Thurs morning at 12.10am on rte2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

With the constant close ups at the farm and the injured gait, all I could think was how closely June resembled Mussolini.

Sparko wrote: »
    I definitely set this to record on RTE but low and behold it didn't. Noticed the same with Godfather of Harlem on Monday, I definitely had it set to record but it didn't trigger. Watching shows on RTE can be so frustrating sometimes.

Episode 1 is on demand thankfully on Sky and presumably the rte player also. It's also repeated next Wednesday night/early Thurs morning at 12.10am on rte2.

Same here! Definitely set it to record, just now found out that it didn't, but got it through the catch up.

Make sure you set next Thursday's episode to record, because it had removed the series link for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fran38

Going by the lore and law of the zone, it's amazing the character still has eyes, hands and properly functioning lady parts.

Agree that it would have been better to focus more on the society itself.

In the third episode of the fourth series, June begs to die but Lydia tells her that handmaid's are needed that much that she is kept alive. Yet we see the opposite with a scene involving two handmaid's in the same episode. Very large plot holes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Still catching up!

2: That felt a bit like filler too. I thought something of a
    season arc was being put out but after the tense arrival of Nick and capturing June and so many Chicago name drops, it kinda feels like maybe the season is going to be majority about building to something big there.

3:
    Jeez.. when the two were hit by the train!
    :eek: Not sure
    where the story is going, maybe that June will get out alive just as as a war kicks off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭volchitsa

fran38 wrote: »
    In the third episode of the fourth series, June begs to die but Lydia tells her that handmaid's are needed that much that she is kept alive. Yet we see the opposite with a scene involving two handmaid's in the same episode. Very large plot holes imo.

I haven't seen this yet, but would that be because June has already had children, including as a handmaid and the others might not have?

4: When she told
    Janine in the milk carriage that she shoulda left her behind, I was like.. ****! You! and at the end of the episode.. I think that's still a fair reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

It would be unrealistic if June and Janine went through all that in perfect harmony and never arguing. It would be the same if it was June and Nick, or June and Luke or Janine and Moira/Emily.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ah man I would have loved if that ending had ended her Tale it would have been such a sudden and unexpected way.

However that very final scene was good and unexpected as well.

5: Hmmmm, didn't expect it to go down like that. Kept thinking
    these Night Hawks were like some mysterious ninja rebels types following them around in the shadows or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Great moment when Moira appears out of the smoke but poor Janine, I think she's done for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

draoicht wrote: »
    Great moment when Moira appears out of the smoke but poor Janine, I think she's done for

Every time its looking up for her it all does downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Serious spoiler!!! --->
    There are pics of one of the later episodes.
    Janine isn't dead, she meet Mrs. Keyes again... In the Red Center.
    Here's a link to it :

Can people please put some context to what the spoilers are about instead of just spoilering whole posts so people have know idea what is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Can people please put some context to what the spoilers are about instead of just spoilering whole posts so people have know idea what is there.

As in avoid if you don't want to know a spoiler from episode 5 onward

As in avoid if you don't want to know a spoiler from episode 5 onward

The two posts above mine are just spoilers there is absolutely no context to what they are about unless you click on them, are they spoilers about the episode this week or future episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Just on episode 5 now, a few plot holes but it's far better than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The two posts above mine are just spoilers there is absolutely no context to what they are about unless you click on them, are they spoilers about the episode this week or future episodes.

I know, i was agreeing with you. I clicked in assuming it was a spoiler for people who are watching at rte speed. I didn't realise it was a real spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Prime. It seems one or two episodes of each season is available but the rest "the video is currently unavailable". What's that about? Why put it in the menu if you can't watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This weeks episode that's about bloody time.

So at least we should see a change in the storytelling for a while now until inevitable when
    June goes back with the Waterfords in exchange for her daughter or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

This weeks episode that's about bloody time.

So at least we should see a change in the storytelling for a while now until inevitable when
    June goes back with the Waterfords in exchange for her daughter or something like that.

If that happens I'll go mad. This week's episode was quite short but it does bridge the gap between before and after (trying not to give away too much) so hopefully it'll step up a notch next week, only 4 episodes left :(

4.6: Damn freakin
    onions! That last scene inside the boat and all that lead to it and the writing and the acting by Elisabeth Moss to get there! Just wow!

Guessing maybe
    something of a reset point next week I guess or maybe they're pivoting more into the Fred and Serena story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Great moment
    when Moira appears out of the smoke but poor Janine, I think she's done for

Probably one of the worst pieces of TV I've seen. So badly written and lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

I don't know, this season is getting worse. Episode 6 was especially poor. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing to move the story along.

Just as well I have plenty of time on my hands atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mulbert wrote: »
    I don't know, this season is getting worse. Episode 6 was especially poor. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing to move the story along.

Just as well I have plenty of time on my hands atm.

I pretty much hate watch this show at this point. But you can't say nothing happened in episode 6 to move the story along. The whole story objectively changed completely and moved the whole dynamic of the show into the new territory it's been teasing but refusing to commit to since the start of season 2.

Whether or not they'll stick with that commitment is another thing. The reset button has been hit on this show so many times that if Fred, Serena and June all ended up back in Gilead as Commander, wife and handmaid I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

iguana wrote: »
    I pretty much hate watch this show at this point. But you can't say nothing happened in episode 6 to move the story along. The whole story objectively changed completely and moved the whole dynamic of the show into the new territory it's been teasing but refusing to commit to since the start of season 2.

Whether or not they'll stick with that commitment is another thing. The reset button has been hit on this show so many times that if Fred, Serena and June all ended up back in Gilead as Commander, wife and handmaid I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

Same. Was watching S4.6 this week and was getting so annoyed at June. I genuinely thought, oh she's finally having a mental breakdown. No idea where they will go from here but yeah as you said if the whole thing comes full circle i wouldn't be surprised at ALL.

However, her whole impetus for
    going back to Gilead is for Hannah so I'm sure she would probably martyr herself for Hannah leaving luke with hannah and nicole and June goes to the wall.
    END.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder will they wrap it up this season or has it been renewed?

Advertisement