Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Same. She plays her so well though. It's truly terrifying. When she casually showed June the man hanging, it was so twisted.

May the Lord open :D

Blessed be the fruitloops

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The mixed race family living in Gilead and Nick not being at the very least questioned about June's escape I find odd.

Now maybe the writers will address both as the season goes on however as of the last episode neither makes sense coming out of season 1's Gilead.

Also I will stick to my original thought that the women of Gilead are more dangerous and cruel than any of the men in Gilead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

iamwhoiam wrote: »

That was too funny!
    See the actress that plays the wife is actually pregnant? Very funny comments on Twitter about it
    "Just let June go then" was my fave :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Snigger. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

neonsofa wrote: »
    Can I ask, does anyone know, the couple that she stayed with (hid in their house), she mentioned something about they played their cards right and were able to live like that as a result... Is it that June was a "fallen women" due to the affair and not being married (?) and that's how she became a handmaid? I thought all fertile women became one. I was confused how the family were allowed live happily. Is it because they were married?
    Yes, I was unclear about that, but it does indeed seem that fertile women who step out of line (probably doesn't take much!) are nabbed. I found this just now:
    http://the-handmaids-tale.wikia.com/wiki/Handmaid
    (must have a look-through the other sections also)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yes, I was unclear about that, but it does indeed seem that fertile women who step out of line (probably doesn't take much!) are nabbed. I found this just now:

Ah thanks!

I suppose they were looking for any reason to nab them. Likewise with the gay couple who were so anxious to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

neonsofa wrote: »
    Can I ask, does anyone know, the couple that she stayed with (hid in their house), she mentioned something about they played their cards right and were able to live like that as a result... Is it that June was a "fallen women" due to the affair and not being married (?) and that's how she became a handmaid? I thought all fertile women became one. I was confused how the family were allowed live happily. Is it because they were married?

Just fertile women who committed 'crimes' become handmaids, moira and ofglen were gay, june had a baby out of wedlock I guess was her crime or was it because she was sleeping with the guy who had a wife?
    I also thought all fertile women became handmaids up until last episode, I thought fertile women were very rare because in that episode the mexican embassador says her city hasnt had a live birth in a few years or something, but must not be that rare if theres plenty of normal women who can have babies

wakka12 wrote: »
    Just fertile women who committed 'crimes' become handmaids, moira and ofglen were gay, june had a baby out of wedlock I guess was her crime or was it because she was sleeping with the guy who had a wife?
    I also thought all fertile women became handmaids up until last episode, I thought fertile women were very rare because in that episode the mexican embassador says her city hasnt had a live birth in a few years or something, but must not be that rare if theres plenty of normal women who can have babies

Yes, remember when June had her baby she was the only mother in the hospital. Healthy births were rare

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    The Econowife character called June an adulturer, I think, though she might have been guessing/assuming, and perhaps they might have used the word 'adultery' more broadly to include fornication(?)
    Probably not plenty, though
    Actually, looking up http://the-handmaids-tale.wikia.com/wiki/Econowife now, it seems that since she was fertile, she might indeed have been under threat of being recruited as a Handmaiden...maybe she has to be very very good & reigious

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBpmXhtyaew
    Promo for next week, in the trailer the commander is giving nick a wife, I have no doubt there is some kind of evil motive behind it and its not kindness for his service[/quote]

Any chance of a spoiler on further promos. Prefer to know nothing going into the episode.

^^
    Any chance you can put a spoiler around what you have written about next week's episode please.

You have just ruined next weeks episode for me.

Sure I will from now on. Promos are only 30 seconds long and not considered spoilers to the majority of people though so you cant expect that.

All promos give away spoilers that's why the most in the forum class them as spoilers.

Spoilers are classed as anything from future episodes including trailers.

Well I dont believe a television channel would release info that the majority of people would believe to be 'spoiling' a show so I guess I just disagree with that.

So you don't think what you posted there and ruined the next episode for a lot on here is a major spoiler because it was given away by television channel in a promo?

yes exactly, nobody likes having a show spoiled so if it was widely considered to be spoiling the show then promos wouldnt be widely viewed, theyre just teasers. I watched and it didnt ruin it for me, or presumably the several people who thanked the post. So obviously its spoiler for some and not for others. I didnt know anyone considered promos spoilers, so as I said Ill put it in spoiler in future. People regularly post trailers and discuss them in OP's for shows and movies and Ive not seen anyone ask it to be spoiler tagged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well, this one.

Well.

For the next one.
    June has gotta get outta there pronto.

That work camp looks like it kills very fast. Just steps away from concentration camps with gas chambers. Maybe a riot or just a run for it attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Bit of a nothing episode tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

^^
    Any chance you can put a spoiler around what you have written about next week's episode please.

You have just ruined next weeks episode for me.

Sorry about that - I quoted the bit that I hadn't wanted to see myself!!! Sorry!

I never watch the trailers. Didn't mean to open a debate. Just prefer to watch the show with zero information apart from previous episodes.

Blessed Be!

Its Thursday .

Blessed be !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Ulp - I'm feeling claustrophobic already :P

Blessed be the papaya

Yes Mrs Watterford (Praise be the bitch)

Credit to the actresses who play Mrs waterford and Aunt Lydia, its almost hard to believe their characters arent real existing people

I though it was very slow moving tonight , a lot of nothing happened
    Does anyone know what exactly they are doing in the colonies ? What are they digging and for what purpose ?

Just seems like a concentration camp.Doubt there is any economic benefit to what theyre doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

It's scrubbing the top layer of soil that has been contaminated by radiation from bomb strikes. It's an impractical way to do it, but that's the purported end goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Fred is a horndog and wants to engage in adultery without having to make the long drive out to Jezebel's every time.

Advertisement