Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues leaving job

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

gerard 180 wrote:
    Thanks to all for posting on this. After a good deal of time spent thinking re this this afternoon, I have decided to cut my losses. The unpaid wages of one thousand will likely cost me a nice fortune to recoup through legal as employer has dug heels in, and there is no guarantee that some legal loophole would nt prevent payment of same anyways. Re non filing of p45, revenue can do little. This has been a harsh learning experience re employer bad practices.

Don't cut your losses. Just keep annoying the revenue and WRC to pursue it. It might take time but you should eventually get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerard 180

Small company. About 5 employees. I might look into Glassdoor can t do any harm, albeit I expect Glassdoor mainly for bigger companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

gerard 180 wrote:
    Thanks to all for posting on this. After a good deal of time spent thinking re this this afternoon, I have decided to cut my losses. The unpaid wages of one thousand will likely cost me a nice fortune to recoup through legal as employer has dug heels in, and there is no guarantee that some legal loophole would nt prevent payment of same anyways. Re non filing of p45, revenue can do little. This has been a harsh learning experience re employer bad practices.

Pursue this to the bitter end 1K is a lot of money to give away and as far as I'd be concerned after a certain length of time it becomes theft if hasn't been returned to me . It may not be called theft in the legal sense but as far as I'd be concerned it's stealing. I'd be attacking on 3 fronts I'd be making presence felt at your former work place and I'd be ringing and writing every week until the business owner gets the message that you won't be dropping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tell them you are going to give the WRC a bell, and the Revenue as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

gerard 180 wrote: »

Thanks again.

Hi there, sorry you are going through this, it must be very frustrating.

If you are of the frame of mind that you want to forget about it, just allow the WRC and Revenue to continue pursuing things while you just put it out of your mind for the moment.
    I know you have been told the WRC are experiencing backlogs, however, if you just allow them to continue pursuing the matter, you will eventually get to the top of the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

dev100 wrote: »
    Pursue this to the bitter end 1K is a lot of money to give away and as far as I'd be concerned after a certain length of time it becomes theft if hasn't been returned to me . It may not be called theft in the legal sense but as far as I'd be concerned it's stealing. I'd be attacking on 3 fronts I'd be making presence felt at your former work place and I'd be ringing and writing every week until the business owner gets the message that you won't be dropping it.

I agreed with this. A phone call , a registered letter, a visit, and an email every week. You can't step down on this. That's a lot of money to withhold on a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gerard 180 wrote: »
    I have decided to cut my losses.
    Sooooo.... emergency tax for the rest of the tax year?

=-=

A solicitors letter will probably cost €50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

the_syco wrote: »
    Sooooo.... emergency tax for the rest of the tax year?

=-=

A solicitors letter will probably cost €50 or so.

You don't need a p45 to come off emergency tax.

Advertisement