Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan while employed and on illness benifit

• 26-03-2017 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know no one can give me a definite answer but if anyone has any experience with this id love to hear from you.

I am currently employed for 9 years with my company, for the last 3 months I have been signed off sick, my contract entitles me to full pay while I'm off sick however I must have some of it supplemented by Social Wefare of 188 p/w.

I receive pay slips from my job showing my full pay and SW payments and the net income is minus this, I also receive statements from SW.

With my credit union I have a loan and in my shares i have currently 1/3 the amount of outstanding loan. I will be planning to add money to my shares to balance out the amount of the loan but will looking for a top up loan of roughly 2 times my shares then.

As I'm receiving illness benifit but am still employed and receiving my full wage will this go against me and they won't allow an application? Or will the see I have a steady income and at least process the application and advise if I'm approved or not?

Thank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi the cu will def look at your case ,unemployed people get loans ,I think it comes down to your history if you are paying every week without arrears you should have a good chance ,best thing is to go in or ring up tomorrow and they will advise you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi the cu will def look at your case ,unemployed people get loans ,I think it comes down to your history if you are paying every week without arrears you should have a good chance ,best thing is to go in or ring up tomorrow and they will advise you

Hi thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned I have received 2 loans and have never missed a payment and continue to pay so hopefully that goes in my favour

Advertisement