Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB contactless

• 26-03-2017 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just looking for some advice here.

I have a student current account with AIB and use contactless when paying for small things often. I made 2 purchases which has given me a negative balance of around €8 but I believe you can use contactless 3 times even with insufficient funds and you obviously just put the money back in to your account asap. Can anyone clarify this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

cyclist97 wrote: »
    ..... 3 times .....

The same as the number of threads (in as many fora) you've created on this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cyclist97

coylemj wrote: »
    The same as the number of threads (in as many fora) you've created on this topic?

Yes I seemed to be having issues with this website as the first 2 didn't appear so I posted a third time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Download the current a/c charges leaflet from the AIB website, that will tell you all you need to know. My guess is that the contactless card may work a finite number of times in order to spare you embarrassment in a retail situation but that does not mean that there won't be penalties for going over your approved limit.

It's pretty common across all banks' Ts & Cs that they emphasise that approving a payment (ATM/cheque/POS card) does not mean that penalties will not apply if the transaction pushes you over the limit. They will also tell you that approving a payment in some situations does not means that they will always do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cyclist97

coylemj wrote: »
    Download the current a/c charges leaflet from the AIB website, that will tell you all you need to know. My guess is that the contactless card may work a finite number of times in order to spare you embarrassment in a retail situation but that does not mean that there won't be penalties for going over your approved limit.

It's pretty common across all banks' Ts & Cs that they emphasise that approving a payment (ATM/cheque/POS card) does not mean that penalties will not apply if the transaction pushes you over the limit. They will also tell you that approving a payment in some situations does not means that they will always do so.

Thanks for that. Have you any idea how many times is finite? Would I be correct in saying it's 3 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Duplicate thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement