Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my no claims bonus be affected

Options
  • 26-03-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

My car was parked on main street in town yesterday and was hit when a tractor up the town hit another car and pushed it down the street into a few parked cars. Mine being one of them.. Just worried now if I will lose my no claims and will this affect my insurance next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

It should'nt, presuming all the other car owners are going to claim off the tractor owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Claim against the tractor's insurance in the 1st instance and there will be no affect on your insurance. If you claim under your own policy, it will, until such time as they recover their outlay from the 3rd party (which sounds straight forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Micky8728

It wasnt the tractor that hit me it was the car that was being pushed hit my car

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You claim off the car that hit you, and they claim v tractor owner and include whatever payout you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

You claim off the car that hit you, and they claim v tractor owner and include whatever payout you get.

The proximate cause was the tractor hitting the primary car that then hit the OPs. The primary car has no liability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Explain the situation to your insurer. They will know what to do and how to claim.

Advertisement