Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moy foxford

Options
  • 26-03-2017 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭

Does anyone know the price for the foxford waters on the moy for adults for this season?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It varies with the fishery. Contact details here..
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/salmon/northwest/moy/ballina_to_clongee.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

the foxford fishery to clongee. how much per season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mcneil wrote: »

Jeffrey Petite Stockade provided you with contact details - why don't you give them a call and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mcneil wrote: »

I gave you the contact details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

For anyone who wants to know, if one lives 6k from foxford town, its 120euro to join for a season. 150€ for east mayo though one needs to buy 10 day tickets first. 300euro for the stretch near the post office and 700 for clongee. Decent price for the foxford stretch& east mayo, not so good for near the post office and day light robbery for clongee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

shugy wrote: »
    For anyone who wants to know, if one lives 6k from foxford town, its 120euro to join for a season. 150€ for east mayo though one needs to buy 10 day tickets first. 300euro for the stretch near the post office and 700 for clongee. Decent price for the foxford stretch& east mayo, not so good for near the post office and day light robbery for clongee!!

No offence but I the moy isn't what it was 10+ years ago, the. Numbers on the ifi page are totally wrong 6000 salmon last year, I bet it wasn't even close, they do this to ring in tourists.. not saying it's a bad river, but if you hit it right it's a grand river. Just don't like what ifi are doing. For the fly the emaa is your best bet

No offence but I the moy isn't what it was 10+ years ago, the. Numbers on the ifi page are totally wrong 6000 salmon last year, I bet it wasn't even close, they do this to ring in tourists.. not saying it's a bad river, but if you hit it right it's a grand river. Just don't like what ifi are doing. For the fly the emaa is your best bet

I would join the EMA waters however the 10 or so day tickets before joining is what stops me. I don't get out much but if I knewvit was only 150 on top of my state license, I'd go for it like many others I know. I've fished it loads of times but hate having to look overv ones shoulder in case I get thrown off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Still a good day out fishing. 65 for state license and 120euro for yearly ticket, money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

IFI don't make up the figures - they are reported catch numbers from all the different fisheries along the Moy tallied up to give an overall catch figure. If anglers all returned their logbooks it would be easy enough to cross-check, but they don't. If individual fisheries are making up the numbers there's not much IFI staff can do about it, but don't go assuming it's being made up by IFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

The east mayo section is not €150 it's €240 after your 10 tickets those inside the 6 km is €120 alright and number of Salmon caught do seem to be blown out of proportion day by day i have been a member there for past 5yrs

• Advertisement

The east mayo section is not €150 it's €240 after your 10 tickets those inside the 6 km is €120 alright and number of Salmon caught do seem to be blown out of proportion day by day i have been a member there for past 5yrs

What do you measure an thoses in the 6k is 120 alright?

Wlhy would the fisheries lie about the catches?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

shugy wrote: »
    Wlhy would the fisheries lie about the catches?

To get more anglers in, more tourists.. etf etc I know of one angler who used to fish the foxford fisheries and has stopped due to slot of fake news about fish coming etc, I like emaa a great stretch for the fly.

Advertisement