Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing - Who do you use?

• 26-03-2017 8:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got my Inspection 2 done on Friday in a well known Nissan dealer in Dublin 15.

Collecting he car I was told I needs 2 Tyres. I said are you sure as I put 4 new ones on 2 weeks ago. They checked the system, ohh sorry it's just one as there's a nail in the side wall. I said fair enough but I haven't been able to find the nail as of yet.

They then told me my Tyres are impacting my range as they are not LRR (Low Rolling Reaiatance). This is fair enough, I'm new to EV's so maybe there is a real life difference.

They told me my wipers were shot and I should replace them. I think they are fine, no squeaks, no bad contact patches etc

They then said they carried out a full vehicle and light check. Funny they didn't mention that 2 front fogs are not working as I haven't put the new bulbs in yet which leads me to believe that they didn't check at all.

They then said that I should replace my pollen filter, I said hang on here, you are just after charging me for it and it was part of this service! A mechanic had to fit it in the car park.

They then couldn't issue me with a correct receipt. Only a pro forma invoice with big bold lettering stating that this is a quote and by no means proof that the work was carried out!

Then, to top it all off, the service invoice states t received an oil and oil filter change :D This seemly cannot be removed from the service entry on their system!

Left me in no doubt that I will not be using them again which is a shame as they are close to me.

I won't name them unless a mod specifically says it's ok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There is only one Nissan dealer in D15 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Just service it yourself next time. Maybe keep away from the box that says high voltage!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Autochange wrote: »
    Just service it yourself next time. Maybe keep away from the box that says high voltage!!

Have done in all my previous ICE cars and still docin the E60 but this one is still under warranty so I'll get the yearly inspections done to keep,that happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Complete Cowboys! I would have had the manager out on that. Full light check and yet they don't notice that the fog bulbs are missing!!! Sounds to me like they didn't look at the car at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

unkel wrote: »
    There is only one Nissan dealer in D15 :D

Two: Hutton & Meade and Windsor Clonee.

• Advertisement

n97 mini wrote: »

Touché, let's just say I didn't venture to a Clonee :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

personably The service costs are a joke, I was charged 129 for a " second service " , nothing was changed , absolutely nothing , They checked the tyres , said my brake fluid and pollen filter were OK. 129 for pluging a computer in and giving me a unreadable black and white printout on a printer with low ink of a report designed to be in colour !

Seriusly Nissan needs to kick some ar$e here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I paid £135 in Derry for a second service. Changed very little and didn't give me the usual battery report either. That said they did discover an issue with the front brake pads which they contacted Nissan about and organised a repair under warranty.

BoatMad wrote: »
    personably The service costs are a joke, I was charged 129 for a " second service " , nothing was changed , absolutely nothing , They checked the tyres , said my brake fluid and pollen filter were OK. 129 for pluging a computer in and giving me a unreadable black and white printout on a printer with low ink of a report designed to be in colour !

Seriusly Nissan needs to kick some ar$e here

I paid €139 for the second inspection but I got brake fluid change and pollen filter change.

They did mention that I need front discs and pads (which I knew and discussed on here previously) but why on earth wait till the payment to tell me. Any good sales man would have called me and asked would I like them done there and then, I had to beat a price for the work out of them (just to compare against my Indy).

kceire wrote: »

Ouch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Nearest one to me that I haven't been to yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good to know. I have just booked my leaf in for a service - the first with me as owner - to the Clonee place.

n97 mini wrote: »

According to their website, the address of Windsor Clonee is:

Main St, Loughsallagh, Clonee, Co. Meath

Not in D15, in fact not in Dublin at all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

To keep the car under warranty, we have to service the leaf every 12 mths or 10,000 KM, I open to correction on this 

My question is if Nissan during their annual service deem an item needs to be replaced , pollen filter , tyres , wipers etc .  If I elect to change these myself or somewhere else, could this affect the warranty

No, it would be illegal if Nissan wouldn't honour your warranty because of that. Do keep a record and all receipts of all servicing you're having done outside the dealer network though.

unkel wrote: »
    No, it would be illegal if Nissan wouldn't honour your warranty because of that. Do keep a record and all receipts of all servicing you're having done outside the dealer network though.

+1

I keep everything in a plastic folder. If buying service parts, I tend to stick to the trusted like mister auto or micksgarage as at least they are a recognised company with certification to sell the parts. I wouldn't buy from eBay.

eBay is fine for other parts or if out of warranty imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

k123456 wrote: »
    To keep the car under warranty, we have to service the leaf every 12 mths or 10,000 KM, I open to correction on this 

I believe for the Leaf its 12 mths or 30,000 KM, whichever comes first.

+1

I keep everything in a plastic folder. If buying service parts, I tend to stick to the trusted like mister auto or micksgarage as at least they are a recognised company with certification to sell the parts. I wouldn't buy from eBay.

eBay is fine for other parts or if out of warranty imo.

Excluding Cree lights of course ;)

goz83 wrote: »
    Excluding Cree lights of course ;)

Yes anything like this are classed as perishable parts, so they can be changed at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

k123456 wrote: »

My question is if Nissan during their annual service deem an item needs to be replaced , pollen filter , tyres , wipers etc .  If I elect to change these myself or somewhere else, could this affect the warranty

No the service interval is one year or 30,000 km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Got my Inspection 2 done on Friday in a well known Nissan dealer in Dublin 15.

Collecting he car I was told I needs 2 Tyres. I said are you sure as I put 4 new ones on 2 weeks ago. They checked the system, ohh sorry it's just one as there's a nail in the side wall. I said fair enough but I haven't been able to find the nail as of yet.

They then told me my Tyres are impacting my range as they are not LRR (Low Rolling Reaiatance). This is fair enough, I'm new to EV's so maybe there is a real life difference.

They told me my wipers were shot and I should replace them. I think they are fine, no squeaks, no bad contact patches etc

They then said they carried out a full vehicle and light check. Funny they didn't mention that 2 front fogs are not working as I haven't put the new bulbs in yet which leads me to believe that they didn't check at all.

They then said that I should replace my pollen filter, I said hang on here, you are just after charging me for it and it was part of this service! A mechanic had to fit it in the car park.

They then couldn't issue me with a correct receipt. Only a pro forma invoice with big bold lettering stating that this is a quote and by no means proof that the work was carried out!

Then, to top it all off, the service invoice states t received an oil and oil filter change :D This seemly cannot be removed from the service entry on their system!

Left me in no doubt that I will not be using them again which is a shame as they are close to me.

I won't name them unless a mod specifically says it's ok.
    Grow a pair,if u can back it up,name,and shame, night save some op money

Grow a pair,if u can back it up,name,and shame, night save some op money

Cop on.
    You cannot name anyone in any forum on boards so I suggest you read up on that.

Also, I AM THE BLOODY OP!!!!

Advertisement