Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount upgrades complete, back to M51

Options
  • 26-03-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

So, I replaced the standard cog/gear drive mechanism in the EQ6 with a belt mod and replaced all the bearings while I was at it. It took quite a while to get things tuned back in following the rebuild but all seems well tuned now if last night's subs were anything to go by (guiding error of .58"-.75" RMS).

I went straight back to M51 to complete some unfinished business. Here's 15x 600s sub-frames to give a total 2.5hrs integration time (click image for full res version).

d4c7c25bb7ab8c2a91d0f482cb105c35.620x0_q100_watermark_watermark_opacity-10_watermark_position-6_watermark_size-M_watermark_text-Copyright%20Mike%20Matthews.png

Technical details at Astrobin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Wow!! I'm struggling to get round stars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Wow!! I'm struggling to get round stars!!!

Well I know your pain. It's been a bit of a struggle to get this far. Stars aren't exactly round on close inspection, but they're good enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I think the black point was set too high in the original image above. It was looking a bit washed out. I've pulled down the black point some and boosted the saturation a little more. I think I prefer this second version.

e62eaca42b2d1fd8e8c252a9046f5af6.620x0_q100_watermark_watermark_opacity-10_watermark_position-6_watermark_size-M_watermark_text-Copyright%20Mike%20Matthews.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Lovely image. I too prefer your second version.

☀️

Advertisement